Rameses Revenge

Dan9

Boneshaker was a mondial, 1001 nights was Huss magic carpet.

EDIT: Damn, yeah, what Tommy said.

Boneshaker was significantly different to Windshear in that it did not invert, it felt like being on a boat in rough seas and was really quite tame if a bit nauseating.

According to some sites, the fire brigade were called by people trapped on the ride, not Chessington. Curious.

http://www.surreycomet.co.uk/news/10489104.VIDEO__Chessington_s_Rameses_Revenge_ride__closed_until_further_notice_/?ref=rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Sad times for Rameses Revenge.

Reading the article it says that chessington do not know if the people stuck will be compensated! Surely they have to be given something for being stuck for 4 hours, we were given free fastrack for getting stuck on loggers leap for 10 mins!

It's interesting what might've happened to Rameses - interesting to see that they didn't pump the harnesses open manually. Interesting that they couldn't manually move it down.

Not being able to move it suggests an issue with backup/manual method. The ride seems to have locked itself so power was on.

All speculation of course, either way it'll be a while til it's open as they'll need to get themselves quite a few restraints!

It featured on ITV News earlier. They spoke to a couple of teenagers who said how 'they thought it was part of the ride for the first few minutes', before other methods were tried. They said about the discomfort of the restraints and that they've got bruises on their thighs.

Certainly not great press for Chessie. Personally, I do hope it gets replaced by another thrill ride to be honest. It was on it's last legs as it was, and to me, this just says it needs scrapping ASAP.

It featured on ITV News earlier. They spoke to a couple of teenagers who said how 'they thought it was part of the ride for the first few minutes', before other methods were tried. They said about the discomfort of the restraints and that they've got bruises on their thighs.

Certainly not great press for Chessie. Personally, I do hope it gets replaced by another thrill ride to be honest. It was on it's last legs as it was, and to me, this just says it needs scrapping ASAP.

I doubt chessie will get another thrill ride probably just a kiddie one...

I could see this as an opportunity for Chessington to show truely which way they will swing...

Fix it (unlikely in my opinion) or replace it with a new thrill ride

or; Remove it and either leave it as an empty space (like what the left of Runnaway Mine Train was like for seasons after the removal of a spinning ride) or replace with a gentle ride so to say.

I can see Chessington going for a thrill ride because with THORPE PARK saying on this forum that they are going to broaden their appeal, whats to say chessington won't too? I know it is a small space but something could go there?

I cant see them replacing the whole ride because of this, restraints are somthing which are often replaced anyway (they just will be earlier than planned!!) as for the problem with the ride, it will no doubt be cheaper to fix than replace the entire thing!

But the ride is on it's last legs anyway...I cant remember a day in the past 4-5 seasons I have been where it hasnt experienced downtime. Surely this malfunction would have just sped up the process in replacing the ride. Especially as the general publics perception of it will now be that it is unsafe as it was plastered all over the press.

I dont think regarding the press it will make much difference, rides somtimes appear in the press (Rush for example) and are able to run after without anyone worrying about its safety.

As you say the rides getting old, but I doubt this once incident will make a great deal of difference to its future.

The manual extraction of riders, as you put it, more than likely would've worked. However, the ride was not in the position for them to allow them to do it.

I'd much rather cut through each harness, than have all 40 open (rather slowly albeit) and people potentially putting themselves in danger due to position of the ride.

I don't know if I'm being silly but if it ever opens again this incident will probably put me off riding it I just don't to risk it knowing how problematic it has been within the last 5 years or so.

What you do have to remember is this is a one off incident (I don't know of any of topsin where this has happened; recently at least), and if the park decide to reopen it, it will be safe, etc. and will never happen again.

Incidents happen, and always will do. To be honest, out of all the incidents that could happen at a theme park, getting stuck in a seat 20ft in the air isn't the worse thing that could happen. Bits could fly off a giant swing, and nearly hit your feet, you could break your wrists on launch coasters by not preparing properly, etc.

Or you could just ride an Intamin...