Port Aventura

Con

• 2 weeks later...

The least painful seat is on front row on the inside. Alas, that is still pretty rough and intense, however I loved the ride myself and am a fan of it, despite there being so many haters of it on this forum :P

It's just astounding that PortAventura has the awesome Shambhala and the old school fantastica-ness of Dragon Khan and yet all people talk about is the awful Baco. At least El Diablo and Stampida do the decent thing of being ignored by enthusiasts. I wish the same could be said of Baco

Have you guys been on hurakan condor yet? Make sure you ride it standing up!!

Also shambhala in the dark is amazing, if the park is open for night rides like it was in summer :)

Given that's it's in the height of it's Halloween event, and in Spain, it'll be open just as late as some summer hours...

It was only til 7 today... Open til 11pm tomorrow and 8pm Sunday once the clocks have gone back so there will definitely be night rides, especially as we have got the full express pass for the duration of our stay. Hurakan doesn't have express pass and as we got to the park about half 2 today it showed about a half hour queue afternoon, so hopefully will get there for when it opens at midday tomorrow to reduce the time we'd have to wait.

General feelings about my first day in Port Aventura.

Shambhala is just special in every way, just amazing I think its taken my number 1 coaster spot for me. <3

Dragon Khan, was well a bit of a dissapointment I don't know if it was the conditions but it was quite forceless apart from the zero G and that MCBR is criminal.

Furius Baco, I love and hate this ride at the same time, the launch, airtime after launch and inline twist are unlike anything I have ever experienced, it is marred by the fact it is really rough, I still like it though probably my 2nd favourite at the mo in the park.

Stampida Blue... Probably the worst roller coaster I have ever experienced, It was like 2 full minutes of getting aggressively beaten up, if I wanted this I would have entered a boxing match, not riding a wooden coaster!!! eurgchhh! Hopefully Stampida red will be better tomorrow...

El Diablo I actually quite liked! Having 3 lifthills is a little pointless but overall, a solid little ride :)

Tami Tami... +1 but a solid little kiddie ride that was quite fun

Tomahawk broke... The spite! </3

Night rides tomorrow and Horror mazes as well, very excited!

It was only til 7 today... Open til 11pm tomorrow and 8pm Sunday once the clocks have gone back so there will definitely be night rides, especially as we have got the full express pass for the duration of our stay. Hurakan doesn't have express pass and as we got to the park about half 2 today it showed about a half hour queue afternoon, so hopefully will get there for when it opens at midday tomorrow to reduce the time we'd have to wait.

How many sides was it running? On the first two days I was there, it decided to run one out of five sides, causing a 70minute queue. However, on the evenings, they decided to open up all 5 sides to try and reduce the queue so we got about 3 rides in a row in the evening with a 5 minute wait each time.

We also got there around 11:30 on one day to be one of the first people on the standup in the day time.

I have 2 issues with Condor, firstly that it always had a long queue when we were there due to running between 1 and 3 sides at all times (the park wasn't busy, but several rides were on low capacity resulting in extended queues). Secondly, after waiting far too long you don't even get to choose your experience as you get directed to whichever side is ready next. At least Drayton had the sense to build 2 queues.

My trip was at around this time last year and we felt like 2nd class guests for having the audacity to visit midweek - low capacity on most rides, some small rides closed, a significantly reduced show calendar (some shows did not run at all), several halloween attractions closed and Templo del Fuego closed entirely Monday-Friday. We arrived Sunday afternoon, but didn't realise it would be closing at 5pm and not reopening for the rest of our visit so didn't make it a priority.

Temple del fuego was awful and a waste of time. We must have waited well over an hour with express. In the end its just a anti-climatic fire show which lasts a couple of minutes with a long and tedious build up.

They always put hurakan on 5sides at about 10pm at night to try and get the queue down so it could close on time. The sit down side was enjoyable, but the stand up side was significantly better. Think the side issue might be due to understaffing on the ride however unsure.

I do love portaventura as a park though, it is amazingly themed as most of the attractions are of a really high quality.

Well it is Saturday and they seem to put more effort in at the weekends - longer hours, no SBNO rides/shows/mazes and more outlets open.

Understaffing was certainly an issue on my trip during the week though, both B&Ms were being run by just 3 staff - an op plus an attendant on each side of the platform. The one on onload had to batch, deal with express and check restraints which meant that once they'd finally gone up to 2 trains dispatch times were very slow.