Port Aventura

Con

I really like Shambhala (the best B&M Hyper I have done out of 4) but the way people speak of it is like it's God's Gift to coasters. Shambhala needs more in the last third.

Expedition Ge Force is far more aggressive than Shambhala, which I prefer to the floater airtime on B&M coasters.

Mind you, Skyrush crushes every other airtime coaster I have been on.

...and I have been on Boulder Dash but it's an entirely different proposition to a mega /hyper coaster.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently booked a trip to Barcelona for the summer, and have decided to pop to Port Aventura for two days whilst there. I'll be taking the train along the coast both days to get to the park. As a new comer to PA, are there any helpful tips that any of you have? Things like bag storage on rides, best times to go for rides, shows etc. I would love to know as much as possible to be prepared as I want to make the most out of the two days that I have there. 

Any help or advice is appreciated! 

Has anyone on here been in late August? With the express pass, what times roughly would you expect to queue?

Went in July last year, was pretty packed and I would expect it's likely that it will be the same or even busier during August, although I don't know when peak times are in Spain.

I would strongly reccomend the express pass, it's €50 for the whole day for unlimited fastrack or €50 if you're staying in the hotel for your whole stay; this is only about £35 so it's great value and the amount of people on park combined with queue jumping in likely to mean that queues move really slowly. (A large ratio of throughput is also given to express, we were only ever in the express queue for express rides so we don't know how slowly queues were moving etc.) The queuelines are also narrow windy cattlepens, meaning it's particularly easy for people to queue jump and the queue lines don't have any theming meaning you can get bored easily.

Last year in July, average queue times over our stay were like this:

Shambhala- Up to 2 hours (Was running 2 out of 3 trains).

Dragon Khan- Up to 1 hour (2 trains).

Angkor- Up to 2 hours

Furius Baco- Up to 3 hours 30 minutes.

Hurakan Condor- Up to 2 hours (Depending on the amount of towers running: due to lack of staff it's likely to only run a reduced amount of towers, then when other attractions close in the early evening, other staff will come to the attraction and it will run all the sides to remove the queueline. I reccomending entering the queueline just before the staggered ride opening(usually 12pm) or riding it near to ride closing in the evening when the fireworks show is taking place as this attraction does not have express).

Tutuki Splash, Rapids, Silver River Flume- Up to 1 hour

El Diablo- Up to 30 minutes

Stampida and Tomahawk- Up to 1 hour

How would you guys recommend tackling the park and rides? Hit Shambhala first? or are there better times to go to the bigger rides?

That's a tricky one. Of course it would be a good idea to ride Shambhala first to beat the queues...but then again it means you have to walk all the way to the other end of the park...and then back again for more rides. Do whatever you wish, but I'd personally do Furius Baco to start off, considering it's the first ride you see upon entering. (Not counting Dragon Khan and Shambhala which you can see from miles away! ;))

How would you guys recommend tackling the park and rides? Hit Shambhala first? or are there better times to go to the bigger rides?

Last year during peak times shambhala didn't open until 11am each day.

Personally, I reccomend getting to the park early and riding baco first and then walking over to dragon khan and taking a couple of rides on that before shambhala opens. After that, have a ride on the couple of smaller ones and get to opening of hurakan condor which is usually about 12pm.

Everything else doesn't really matter what order you do it in, however if it's hot the water rides will get long queues as soon as they open. The new Ice Age ride is also likely to be popular so it might be wise to go straight there for its opening time.

Of course, if you have express however, you don't need to worry about tackling the park in a particular order and any order will suffice, with the exception of condor which is a hard one to time for the shortest queue possible.

Oh ok, that's some good advice haha! I haven't done a European theme park in a very long time, so not really sure what the general plan of action is. Plus I believe that we are going on 16th and 17th of June, so I think we go just before the Spanish kids go on Summer holidays. So, would I be right in assuming that it'll be relatively busy, but not heaving as much as it would do in the summer?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

So this has been put up around Furius Baco...

th720_b74d1e98c2c6de0191aa1b83747efa47.j

The Person that posted this on Coasterforce and Theme Park Review, as said that the notice under this sign pretty much says that the outer seats give a more then intense ride with aggressive vibrations and those that don't wise to experience this to use the inner seats.

As well as this it has been said that the outer seats in rows 1, 5 and 6 have been shut off until further notice due to the aggressive nature of those seats...

Although the park has said they will not be changing the trains anytime soon. As much as Furius Baco is a pain, it is sad that this is being left to get this bad rather then trying to find a possible solution for it. 

Though I haven't experienced the ride (yet), I have heard reports by numerous people that the Baco has become noticeably rougher recently, to the degree that it's fans cannot manage more than three re-rides a time. It almost sounds like It's worse than Stampida now (some new GCI trains could make the ride much smoother).

Not good though for the ride, considering it is the park's third major ride, which begs the question. How the park can improve the ride? Can they modify the trains, will they have to buy new ones, or could this possibly mark the beginning of the end for Baco?

With Ferrari Land opening in 2017 (originally meant to be next year) it's quite possible the ride isn't longed for this world.

Strange rows to pick almost seem at random, I can only assume it's got worse in the last year, it was never comfortable but never to the degree they've closed seats, you would think they will surely have to do something about it in the near future, I just hope they can keep the winged trains - I feel it gives it a massive advantage over other launches

This can't be good for the ride, considering most people visit the park in even numbered groups, and the ride gets 3-4hour queues anyway combined with a non-stop flow of express pass users, therefore queueing for this ride is going to be more of a nightmare than ever before.

Future doesn't look great for what I thought was a pretty fun and insane experience.

• 1 month later...