Ghost Train - NEW for 2023

coasterverse

17 minutes ago, Benin said:

My prediction is that it'll be deemed "BEST DARK RIDE IN THE WORLD" for a few weeks; then some key effects will break, not be repaired and will slowly get mothballed until it closes forever.

I wouldn't go that far - I really don't think they're even in with a slight chance of it being better than Curse, but in my opinion that's okay because they're both very different attractions. You have to remember that this entire attraction experience was originally designed with VR in mind, therefore on a base level they'll be extremely limited in what they can actually achieve with the actual ride system. I'm super interested to see how they'll navigate that hurdle.

I think that maybe they could go down the route of you 'dying' somewhere in the ride and then being 'rebirthed' later on. Then the shop scene could maybe be some kind of thing when there's a total denial that anything ever happend on the train with you 'dying' and stuff. You're about to walk out then a ghost appeares acting as a jumpscare and also mentioning something about what happend when you were 'dead' and adding extra detail maybe. leaving the ride on a cliffhanger.

I hope some of that makes some sense...

17 minutes ago, tactic said:

I think that maybe they could go down the route of you 'dying' somewhere in the ride and then being 'rebirthed' later on. Then the shop scene could maybe be some kind of thing when there's a total denial that anything ever happend on the train with you 'dying' and stuff. You're about to walk out then a ghost appeares acting as a jumpscare and also mentioning something about what happend when you were 'dead' and adding extra detail maybe. leaving the ride on a cliffhanger.

I hope some of that makes some sense...

Would certainly portray the narrative of a 'GHOST' train, for sure...

55 minutes ago, MattyMoo said:

At what point to the actors get removed, that is the question - or moreso, how easy is it to operate parts of the ride without them? 

Never I doubt - I reckon it'll have to run with actors until it can't, at which point it'll close to make way for another attraction imo. I love the use of live actors in scare attractions, but by no means is it cost effective therefore its days were always numbered from the outset.

On 5/21/2023 at 10:06 AM, coasterverse said:

Double post - apologies!

I had to do some digging, but I wans't imagining things! Here's a pic from the SimWorx website, which definitely seems to show leg ticklers installed:

edit27-1.jpg

Maybe they removed them because of reliability or maybe it turned out to be a bit of a trip hazard in such an enclosed space considering the staff used to have to run up and down, who knows! Would love to see them return though.

Those aren't leg ticklers. Leg ticklers require the gap to be open and free to move in a 180 degree fashion. Those are just cables hanging out of the ventilation plates for the PCs. Sorry to burst your bubble. 

2 hours ago, StevenVig said:

Those aren't leg ticklers. Leg ticklers require the gap to be open and free to move in a 180 degree fashion. Those are just cables hanging out of the ventilation plates for the PCs. Sorry to burst your bubble. 

Cables for what though? The second cable on the right just ends with nothing attached to it. Not saying you're wrong by any means, but I for one certainly can't imagine what else they would be for... especially not for a professional photo showcasing SimWorx's construction skills!

I know I’m probably dreaming beyond reality,but I hope a tracked ride system has been installed. I was looking on Interlink (a website for second hand rides). The ride was a Ghost Train. I would say the quality of the carriages and track is on par with Alton Manor. A proper Dark Ride is just what Thorpe Park needs. Thorpe’s had multiple walk through attractions. In over 40 years Thorpe has only had one proper Dark Ride. The Dark Ride was the ill fated Wicked Witches Haunt that burned down in the year 2000.

2 hours ago, Theme Park Fanatic said:

I know I’m probably dreaming beyond reality,but I hope a tracked ride system has been installed. I was looking on Interlink (a website for second hand rides). The ride was a Ghost Train. I would say the quality of the carriages and track is on par with Alton Manor. A proper Dark Ride is just what Thorpe Park needs. Thorpe’s had multiple walk through attractions. In over 40 years Thorpe has only had one proper Dark Ride. The Dark Ride was the ill fated Wicked Witches Haunt that burned down in the year 2000.

Yeah definitely not gonna happen - but it needs to happen at some point. Hopefully they don't go down the route of demolishing Ghost Train at some point in the future just to chuck another coaster in its place. I'd like the next iteration of Ghost Train (feels weird talking about this whilst the ACTUAL next iteration of Ghost Train hasn't even opened yet 😂) to be a tracked dark ride. The space inside that building is bloody massive - it could be insane.

But unfortunately I don't think there's any way of ripping out the current ride system without taking the roof off.

56 minutes ago, coasterverse said:

Replacement for Derren Brown - Guy In The Black Coat's Ghost Train new for 2023

It was  Kieron Smith, Global Artistic Director for The Dungeons. Which really sets the scene of what the experience is going to be like.

1 hour ago, tactic said:

I really want to do the attraction without anything being spoiled as I did DBGT after having watched like 3 youtube vids about it and it ruined the experience.

Guilty! I was (and still am) a massive fan of Derren, so it was inevitable that I would’ve spoiled it for myself. But the good thing about the virtual reality was that no matter what was shown or explained to you, it doesn’t even come close to experiencing it firsthand - so some of those jumpscares definitely got me a couple of times even though I knew what to expect!

I managed to avoid spoilers for The Curse and I’m so glad that I did - going into it totally blind was the best decision I’d ever made… regardless of how bloody hard it was to do 😂

I booked my trip for opening day because I just KNEW I would spoil it for myself so I couldn’t take any chances hahaha

What I’m hearing from most people is very, very positive though so I can’t bloody wait to experience it first hand!