Ghost Train - NEW for 2023

coasterverse

12 minutes ago, Benin said:

When there's actual news to share.

Rule 1 of theme parks. Don't jump into ride areas.

Rule 2. Don't give out time frames because people will hold you to them and get angry if its wrong.

Rule 3 - don't not give out time frames because people will get angry that they don't have something to hold you to

Interesting a creative (might have been one of the lead creatives) for Ghost train has left Merlin Magic Making today. Mid project? Hopefully there aren’t delays or changes in creative direction, however I highly doubt that.

Just thought it was some interesting imfo

3 minutes ago, ML27 said:

Interesting a creative (might have been one of the lead creatives) for Ghost train has left Merlin Magic Making today. Mid project? Hopefully there aren’t delays or changes in creative direction, however I highly doubt that.

Just thought it was some interesting imfo

Let’s just hope it’s been a long time coming for them and not in protest because of how the project is going (although again, highly doubt this would be the reason as there’s likely many MMM projects in the works currently)

Just now, MattyMoo said:

I feel a point worth noting is that Jack SLKSTN in his latest video makes a point of looking up on his phone when spring ends when talking about the GST TRN - with that in mind, I'm sticking with my June prediction - end of May bank holiday weekend at a push.

I reckon you're bang on the money with that one. Might have to start calling you Theme Park Fanatic at this rate!

1 hour ago, ML27 said:

I was in the Last Call Cafe last Friday and audio was testing inside the attraction. Could hear it coming out of the exit doors where you come out of the fake shop.

It sounded very mechanical

Exciting! Hopefully that means they’ve built everything (or most of it) and are trialing it with the audio now 🤔 Probably not, but a man can wish!

Good to know they are getting somewhere with ghost train, hopefully it is finished soon. The only worry I have is that they don't seem to have been working on it for very long, making me think that not much would have changed and the attraction won't be amazing. But then I suppose towers turned duel around in a short space of time and from what everyone has been saying about that I suppose something great can be done in such a short time period.

Just now, tactic said:

Good to know they are getting somewhere with ghost train, hopefully it is finished soon. The only worry I have is that they don't seem to have been working on it for very long, making me think that not much would have changed and the attraction won't be amazing. But then I suppose towers turned duel around in a short space of time and from what everyone has been saying about that I suppose something great can be done in such a short time period.

Providing that they have been working on this for over a year like they've been saying, hopefully it's just been a case of stripping everything out and installing everything without having to think too hard about it, as I'd imagine most of it had already been figured out long in advance. The Duel/TCaAM refurbishment does give me tremendous hope. I've not experienced it (yet) and I'm staying away from spoilers as much as I can as I want to experience it first hand, but the general consensus is that it's very good - which really does fill me with hope!

Don't let me down, Merlin! For the first time in a long time, you've got my full support.

Oh yeah, I forgot that the park said the ride had been in the works for over a year, I was thinking that the project had only been in the works about for about 4 months. But even so, with them getting rid of the vr and other parts of the ride, major changes are going to have to be made to make it interesting. I do genuinly believe that the ride system may have to be changed in some way to accomodate the fact that there is no vr, which is what worries me a little as there hasn't really been enough time for major changes to be made.

Maybe I'm just being pessimistic about Thorpe though, they have been a lot better recently (we'll ignore Colossus for the minute) so they may have been able to pull off some major changes or have managed to make something increadable with the infastructure they already had.

1 minute ago, StevenVig said:

Just to manage expectations, John Burton is not involved with Ghost Train at all. So do not expect it to be the same standard as TCaAM 👀

Is this confirmed? I’ve not heard this, but also I’m pretty sure he’s spoken about/teased ghost train when it was first announced? Unless I’m remembering incorrectly…

This is one of those projects which isn’t managed by him. I’ve seen it somewhere also he’s normally quite vocal in what attraction is his and isn’t. Also to be working on this along with other new attraction sis quite a challenge. Can’t be working on two ghost trains surely otherwise they will be all of a similar vein.

1 hour ago, StevenVig said:

Just to manage expectations, John Burton is not involved with Ghost Train at all. So do not expect it to be the same standard as TCaAM 👀

Don't get me wrong, many of the projects John Burton has worked on have been great. But it's silly to have any kind of thought process that:

'John Burton = good

Not John Burton = not good'

Ghost Train and Alton Manor are only loosely comparably anyway, so even if he was involved, it wouldn't necessarily mean we should expect the same standard.