Music

Phill

I feel like I'm the only person who is a little bit unimpressed with Suck It And See and Arctic Monkeys in general... I don't dislike them but I listen to most of their music and think "meh"Plus I hate some AM fans "Arctic Monkeys are gods and nothing else comes close shame on you and your s*** music END OF" attitude. Alex Turner seems a bit like that too, he might not be but that's the vibe I get from him from interviews and what not.All that said, Piledriver Waltz is quite a good song and "This House is a Circus' from their second album is a favourite of mine.

I feel like I'm the only person who is a little bit unimpressed with Suck It And See and Arctic Monkeys in general... I don't dislike them but I listen to most of their music and think "meh"Plus I hate some AM fans "Arctic Monkeys are gods and nothing else comes close shame on you and your s*** music END OF" attitude. Alex Turner seems a bit like that too, he might not be but that's the vibe I get from him from interviews and what not.All that said, Piledriver Waltz is quite a good song and "This House is a Circus' from their second album is a favourite of mine.

No you aren't, hence why music in general is so great. I think Lady Gaga is stupidly overrated as an artist but there we go, others worship her for some reason... Anyway, I also thought 'meh' when I first heard Humbug and especially Suck It and See, but having listened to it solidly for just under a month, there aren't any signs of it boring me anymore, it just continues to get better and better with every listen. But on your second point I have to inform you as someone more familiar with other Monkeys fans, you could not be more wrong. Whilst every fanbase of course has some fans with that kind of attitude of thinking they're gods and the like, generally there aren't many Arctic Monkeys fans like that... I'm on probably the largest forum of Arctic Monkeys fans on the internet (it only arrived last year and it's already got a much higher overall post count than TPM), and despite them being the 'hardcore' fans, they're a bunch of the nicest people you could possbily know and they'll freely criticize the Monkeys whenever they feel is needed and always give a fair opinion. They aren't completely blinded by fanboy/girlness is what I'm saying. You also seem to have gotten Alex Turner mixed up with one of the Gallaghers or something, he's always raving about other music in interviews and is generally quite modest when it comes to his own music so I fail to see where you're coming from. Having also actually met him in person, he was one of the nicest 'famous' people I've ever met.

Goddam. Buying concert tickets winds me up far too much. Pre-sale tickets left for Arctic Monkeys after 20 minutes of going on sale: Upper tier, furthest section away from the stage. What.Also, looks like 30 Seconds To Mars have been stealing ideas from an online t-shirt company, who in turn was probably 'inspired' by Banksy.Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

It's recently occured to me that the Black Eyed Peas are probably one of the worst things of all time to happen to music.

I saw them last night for free and the amount of auto tuning, backups, blatant song stealing, etc was pathetic. Also, the sound mixing by the organisers was pretty bad but that's not the Peas fault as complaints have risen from other days of Hyde Park as well. It got into so bad it's good territory. I think I would have rather paid to have seen the wonderful Arcade Fire or The Chemical Brothers the nights before and after respectively. Also David Guetta fans are one of the worst crowds I have been in for a set.Speaking of Arcade Fire, the short movie Scenes From The Suburbs is finally out.