Rant

Theme Park bloke

It's bad enough having someone say something bad/nasty/not what you wanna hear...it's another thing when it makes no sense!Without going into detail as it's personal/family stuff...somethings been going on with my brother over the past few months so we've been in contact with his flat mates. We've only phoned them twice (once ages ago when it first started, once recently for important news), my mum text one of them the other day and they replied, it seemed fine. And occassionally my mum has Facebook messaged them with updates...which they seemed grateful for. But it's been very occassional as I said.My dad just text my mum saying the flat mates mum has just phoned him, saying they are very stressed with my mum calling them all the time. WHAT THE HELL?! We've only contacted them as necessary, it's not like we keep hassling them. And they're supposed to be his friends! And as a family we're going through enough without them being two-faced and giving us crap. Apparently we've been calling them everyday...no we haven't!And they want to take him off the tenancy in July when it gets renewed...great. Really supportive. Not that he wants to go back there but it's still harsh!And they at first said they could pay his share of the rent (and they CAN afford to) and now they're demanding my dad to pay back my brother's share of it...but miraculously, from July, they can afford it!Even though they weren't his best/favourite friends, it's bang out of order. I can't believe someone could do that. Maybe they don't want to be involved with him after everything thats been going on, it happens. But we really didn't expect it. But the worst thing is the lies! We have NOT been calling them everyday, my mum is one of the most considerate people I know, she wouldn't ever hassle anyone like that. How are we supposed to tell him two of his friends have deserted him? :P

*James6 is pissed off*

*JoshC. dislikes this*I have quite a few things to rant about. Firstly, "its half term now,, evry single 1 of dem mite be enjoyin the holls, but me, I am still sittin a doing the course work.. I hate my lifeeeee" <-- A friend's status on Facebook. Coursework was all due in before half term and it appears as if she has got an extension to finish, and she is moaning that she has to do it. Hello!? Why couldn't you do it when it is due and then you might be able to do something with your half term. Then again, most of us are going to be doing revision for the bulk of half term. Just annoys me. And apparently me saying that "You really shouldn't hate your life if you're the one who has caused it." is too harsh...Next, family. Just so everyone knows, I live with my mum and my nan. Basically, my nan hasn't been very well. She's been feeling ill in general, just summer colds and stuff like that. She recently hurt her leg and it means she can't walk that far at the moment. That topples on with arthritis in her leg which makes it hard for her to move anyway. Now, as I'm at school and my mum's at work (well, sleeping - she works nights) and we don't own a car anyway, it makes it hard for my nan to get out anywhere. My nan is one of those people who if they don't get out somewhere every couple of days, she gets frustrated. However, none of my aunts or uncles check to see how she is. Not even a phone call. And considering 2 of them live in Chertsey and only work part time, I find that insulting. The other 2 live further afield, but barely visit. Granted, one of them doesn't drive, but they don't even phone! So that leaves my nan to struggle to get out. Many a time when I've come home from school she tells me how she was able to get down the road, then didn't feel well so had to get a taxi home. One day, my nan's sister phoned, as she does, once every 3 weeks. A few days later, my aunt turns out of the blue, with flowers, and offering to take her somewhere. Coincidence ey? The thing is, if my nan gets frustrated, it's usually me or my mum who has to deal with it (even though she's never annoyed at us) because she never sees anyone! It really pees me off.And have more to rant about, but I'm too busy! XD

Just got the chance of getting tickets to go see Gaga for the first time, live in London. It would absolutely make my life. Rang up my mum, to ask if I can go. She said maybe, so I got really excited. Then when she got home, she just simply said no, I'm not going. FML :)

*JoshC. dislikes this*I have quite a few things to rant about. Firstly, "its half term now,, evry single 1 of dem mite be enjoyin the holls, but me, I am still sittin a doing the course work.. I hate my lifeeeee" <-- A friend's status on Facebook. Coursework was all due in before half term and it appears as if she has got an extension to finish, and she is moaning that she has to do it. Hello!? Why couldn't you do it when it is due and then you might be able to do something with your half term. Then again, most of us are going to be doing revision for the bulk of half term. Just annoys me. And apparently me saying that "You really shouldn't hate your life if you're the one who has caused it." is too harsh...Next, family. Just so everyone knows, I live with my mum and my nan. Basically, my nan hasn't been very well. She's been feeling ill in general, just summer colds and stuff like that. She recently hurt her leg and it means she can't walk that far at the moment. That topples on with arthritis in her leg which makes it hard for her to move anyway. Now, as I'm at school and my mum's at work (well, sleeping - she works nights) and we don't own a car anyway, it makes it hard for my nan to get out anywhere. My nan is one of those people who if they don't get out somewhere every couple of days, she gets frustrated. However, none of my aunts or uncles check to see how she is. Not even a phone call. And considering 2 of them live in Chertsey and only work part time, I find that insulting. The other 2 live further afield, but barely visit. Granted, one of them doesn't drive, but they don't even phone! So that leaves my nan to struggle to get out. Many a time when I've come home from school she tells me how she was able to get down the road, then didn't feel well so had to get a taxi home. One day, my nan's sister phoned, as she does, once every 3 weeks. A few days later, my aunt turns out of the blue, with flowers, and offering to take her somewhere. Coincidence ey? The thing is, if my nan gets frustrated, it's usually me or my mum who has to deal with it (even though she's never annoyed at us) because she never sees anyone! It really pees me off.And have more to rant about, but I'm too busy! XD

I hate people that moan about having to do school work in their own time; if you actually did it when you were supposed to then you wouldn't be stuck doing it now would you? What you said wasn't harsh, it was the truth. Also I'm sorry to hear about your Nan. Hope she feels better soon (:

I haven't really read this thread through recently, but I know that one thing many of the people I know my age rant about is revision. Yes it's a bore, but it's not compulsory. If you keep complaining about it, you need to ask yourself: Do I want straight A's with maybe 1 or 2 A*'s and a few B's? Or would I settle for straight C's with maybe a few D's? As I said, revision isn't compulsory but if you want to get those good grades is it worth it?Do what I did, imagine yourself at your school in a few months time collecting your results. If you opened your envelope and saw straight C's, would you be happy? Would you think to yourself 'maybe it would have been worth putting just a few hours of revision into each subject to get better grades'? Grades, which will stay with you for the rest of your life. As I said I'm not ranting about anyone complaining on here, it just seems to be a common rant with my age group at the moment.

UGGH! We have new neighbours and they are AWFUL!! I hate to stereotype but they're typical council estate people! Well actually it could be worse - they do work and they don't scrounge off benefits and there's three friends, it's not a family that constantly pops out kids ;)But...they're loud. I don't just mean they have loud voices, even though that can be annoying if I'm not in a good mood, that's not a major thing to moan about. But these people, I mean they go too far. And they're swearing constantly, saying vile things that most people wouldn't say out loud because they'd respect the neighbours (such as, "girls like it up the a**"). And I definitely could smell weed. Whether it was them or the people over the back, I don't know, but considering over the back is a guest house...I dunno, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was the neighbours. And one of them was talking pretty slow and weird so yah. At one point when they said the F word, one of the blokes went "Yes we're allowed to say that now!" and later on he said, in a moody voice, "If anyone moans about us being loud, they can f**k off!" How lovely. And they were saying how they couldn't believe they got to rent the house, and they're scared of the landlady. I may be wrong, but it seems to me like they've probably caused trouble before to the neighbours with their language etc, which could obviously put people off, especially as round here is a decent area, they probably thought the agents wouldn't want to let them live here! And they have a dog (labrador), but the old neighbours wanted a cat but weren't allowed. Assuming the landlady is the same, this shouldn't be allowed. Landlords/ladies often don't allow pets no matter what, and it's unlikely they'd change their minds. But they haven't met her yet? It could be that they really got the estate agents to convince her...but again, I don't trust them. Wouldn't surprise me if they're sneaking the dog in.Oh and did I mention they moved in last night? At like midnight? The noise went on til about 4am! Me and mum were NOT happy, we phoned the estate agent to check it had been let and people weren't squatting (cos seriously, who moves house at night?!) but they obviously said no, it has been let, but they also said to phone if they make any more noise late at night. Well we'll just have to wait and see, but the stuff I heard (and smelt) today is pretty unacceptable as it is! We are going to be moving again soon but houses are really thin on the ground atm, goodness knows how long we'll be stuck next to this scum!

I feel for ya Michaela - I have supremely noisy neighbours too. I'm not as badly off as you by the sounds of it - they are a family so don't have the swearing / drugs problem - but they are an absolute curse. They're from Eastern Europe somewhere, and are constantly having shouting matches at each other in their native tongue, at the most inappropriate times. They have before now started about 4pm and carried on well into the small hours. It's a nightmare! Plus they have a dog who loves ice cream. Not so bad, I hear you cry, but no - this particular dog loves ice cream so much that he howls and howls and howls every time the ice cream van comes past. Which is every day because there's a school down the road ;) They also must be deaf I think - you have never heard a TV this loud in your life. We can hear what they are watching from every room of our house (which in these terms isn't a small house), and if we should be watching TV ourselves in the room with the adjoining wall - we can literally hear every line the presenter / actor in their show speaks.People are so inconsiderate!!! Thankfully the girl is starting a new school in September so they're moving in the summer ;)

Maybe the weed thing is a one off (though they were drinking a lot of beer and smoking lots of cigarettes), guess we'll just have to wait and see. But I do wonder why they moved at night, when it's dark, and if it's because they have a lot of drugs and obviously didn't want people seeing!I feel bad cos it's only their first day, and one of the guys earlier smiled at me and mum and said hello, and he looked like a decent person (but then you can't judge a book by its cover!). I don't want to be too quick to judge. But from what I've heard from them so far, they don't sound the most considerate of people!

Hmm, considering not bothering going to my school Prom now. Basically, no one wants to go with me. Bad enough that I lack self confidence, even worse that I've been rejected 3, maybe even 4, times already. Even even worse is that one of those times, they said yes, then a couple of months later, said they were going with someone else! And apparently that's my fault somehow (well, okay, no their's - so it must be mine!). So yeah, that's bad. It even feels like no one wants me there. Apparently it won't be the same without me. What? Not having someone to laugh at? Not having that random floater there? Yeah, I'm sure I'll truly make a good difference. I will admit I've left it rather late to try and get something sorted out. But after all the knock backs, who can really blame me?I don't really fit in anywhere, with any of the little groups. Half of the people there don't even really care about me and just seem to blank. The other half seem to get sick of me and just make up excuses as to why they can't speak to me. Most of my MSN conversations with them end with them saying 'brb' and that back never comes. And I can just seeing this being the exact thing in college as well...It's annoying on focusing more on this rather than my exams. Oh dear.Bad times really (N)

cCould you just go with a group of friends? I didn't go with a boy, there was one I had a crush on but he didn't like me and was going with another girl as friends, so I just went with my friends and still had a good time ;) Everyone makes a big thing about getting a "prom date", but if anything, it just causes stress and unecessary pressure. It reminds me of Valentines Day. You can buy your loved one gifts any time, but there's so much pressure to do so on Valentine's Day, just to make money. A person could get a date anytime of the year, but as soon it's time for the prom, everyone feels like they have to have a date! Which is only for the night? What's the point? Not unless you generally liked each other or were going out of course!I say screw what everyone does and thinks, go with your friends and have a laugh! ;)

Trouble is, when I asked my friends, it kinda just went a bit hay-wire, everything spiralled a bit out of control and caused a mini row, as some had started to make plans, some hadn't, so basically, ends up I can't go with them. It's a tad understandable, but still a awkward. ;) Thanks for the advice though. ;)Now for another rant, coming off from this...Basically, on tumblr, I've said the exact same thing that I said on here - considering not going to prom. Now, the majority of my followers (about 10 of them ;)) aren't people who I know very well or at, about 3 are people from school. As said above, apparently it's not one girl's fault that I'm not going to the prom with them, and is mine, and that they're not in the mood to argue or anything (according to Facebook, she's revising..). And then it goes even more into how I'm being attention seeking for being in a bad mood and so on. I'm not going to so I'm not being bit out of order, to an extent, I'm being rather rude. But when I'm getting attacked, and in a bad mood, I see it as bound to happen. Then it comes to how I wouldn't know what friends are for and how I have none. And how I'm leaving a sad, reclusive life of studying and going to theme parks. That's really peed me off - I can choose how I live my life. Now she's said that we'll have a chat tomorrow, once we've both calmed down. Yeah, that will be interesting.So yeah, not a happy bunny. :@

Major rant which probably won't even sound that bad to anyone else but has really REALLY upset & annoyed me. :D Ok so I've been talking to this boy, never met him or anything, we're just friends. We text eachother sometimes - rarely but yeah. Recently, he's been having problems with his girlfriend or whatever & I've been there for him. I've been trying to make him feel better by saying all the usual things like 'you deserve better' or 'you're so lovely' etc etc. Today, I got a message from him on msn saying "who the ---- do you think you are!!".So obviously, I texted him & was like "If you're going to say that to me, can you at least tell me what I've done?"Then basically his girlfriend just had some major long LONG text rant at me, off of his phone. Swearing so much at me & accusing me of being obsessed with him and saying I always text and call him. Fair enough if I talked to him ALL of the time but to be quite honest, I rarely do!Then she went on to have a go at me about how she was there when I was telling him he deserved better and how lovely he was and how I'm a 'pathetic fat sl*g'.This has just seriously annoyed & upset me because I don't feel I've actually done anything wrong, and I've actually in my opinion been a really good friend to him the past few days as he'd been upset & I've been there completely for him.. Even at like 3am. And if he is okay with this, which I don't see how he couldn't realize what she's actually doing on his phone then I feel really hurt and betrayed and just ARGH. Rant over.Josh, that is really out of order of her :D. Just be calm with her tomorrow & if she's really just rude just tell her to grow up :/. ;) Explain to her (because it seems like she still hasn't grasped the fact) that she has basically messed you & your plans around. ;) Do you have any like CLOSE mates that haven't got dates? ;).

Then it comes to how I wouldn't know what friends are for and how I have none. And how I'm leaving a sad, reclusive life of studying and going to theme parks. That's really peed me off - I can choose how I live my life.

I have a group of friends at my school and those are the only people that I can stand to be with (private single sex schools suck and most of the sterotypes about the people are true) and because none of them are in my lessons I don't bother to say anything. It's somewhat different for me though as I am moving to a college for sixth form so I don't need to glad hand anyone anymore at my current school. Outside of lessons we get called childish, gay and stupid and yet we go out with girls the most (but we don't try to get their clothes off whenever we see them so we aren't consider cool), and some of my friends have already done some A levels before GCSEs (not that I think our current exam system tests intelligence but that is a whole different arguement). TLDR: who gives a damn what other people think, just have fun.

Do you have any like CLOSE mates that haven't got dates? ;).

A better question I've recently I asked myself is if I actually have any close mates. The ones who I would call my closest, though, do have dates or plans. And I feel sorry for your situation, can't really give any advice though. Sorry! ;)

TLDR: who gives a damn what other people think, just have fun.

So true! ;)

A better question I've recently I asked myself is if I actually have any close mates. The ones who I would call my closest, though, do have dates or plans.

;) I sometimes ask myself that too. Surely though, at a prom, people don't just stay with their dates the whole time? They must 'mingle' haha. Maybe? :D

And I feel sorry for your situation, can't really give any advice though. Sorry! ;)

That's okay. I feel so much better from letting it out ;) haha.

I'm actually so angry right now, it's all to do with one of my friends stupid boyfriends. Basically my friend Amber created a Facebook group for her boyfriend because he'd been feeling down lately and I joined it. Cue my other friends boyfriend leaving a comment saying 'couldn't you just tell him he's amazing?' and I'm like what is your problem? She's obviously crazy about him and just wanted to show him she thinks he's awesome, if you don't like it then don't join it? And then he gets all aggressive at me and starts swearing over Facebook and I'm like woah, just grow up already. And tbh my friend Amber doesn't need a sad little boy being rude to her when she's already got enough on her plate; her Grandad died a few days ago, her dog was put to sleep last week and she has the pressure of the exams. So he said why are you getting involved? My reply was because she's my friend and she doesn't need it right now. Then he claims he was joking and says what's your problem? and then I kinda lost it and said you being a effing ***** if I'm honest. I think I've gotten to him now because he said if I say you've won will you shut up? My parting argument was it's not about winning an arugment, it's about you learning not to be so god damn rude! Urgh I've met him once and I really do not like him. He just seems really off to me, he's in the year below me but has gone around gobbing off to quite a few of my friends and butting in when it's not needed. I really don't see what my friend sees in him. I've had quite enough of him tbh. He's such a vile, snobby kid. Ergh :@And now his girlfriend's having a go saying I'm making it worse. Maybe you should keep an idiot of your boyfriend on a leash then. I just hate people in general.