MTDP

MikeC

plans didn't use to be as secretive before tho, perhaps they have something big planned?

It is pretty obvious :blink: I don't like the fact that thorpe have started to get all secretive. They must have a very good reason to tease their fans like this. They could be making another world's first without having other parks finding out and copy them but instead make their ride more exciting. Remember Flamingoland opening Mumbo Jumbo, only a few months after SAW. They must have seen Thorpe's plans for SAW The ride and in an attempt to compete with Thorpe Park they built a ride with an even steeper drop. So Thorpe don't want that to happen this time and so they decide to make their plans secretive especially for their next major coasters.

Saw can still claim Worlds Steepest Free fall drop though as doesn't Mumbo use some kind of brakes/ holding brakes. Anyway I would love a B&M but merlin seem to be going for cheaper coasters and theming them relatively well.

Intamin rollercoasters aren't exactly cheap..

I would much MUCH prefer Intamin anyway. B&M's do get very samey or are just very average rides. There "good" but that's it, nothing particularly unique or special about them.

I wouldn't class all B&M's average. Especially the B&M's that I've been on in the past. I would prefer to see a B&M at Thorpe rather than an Intamin. Thorpe only have one B&M and have 2 Intamin coasters along with Rumba Rapids. I would like to see more B&M's at Thorpe Park, a floorless will be good. I would also like to see a Maurer Sohne Sky Loop coaster, like Abismo in Park De Attracciones Madrid. We haven't got any of those yet. The closest thing England has to one of those is G force at Drayton Manor. I would very much like to see those on the MTDP after it has been released. That is they still want to be secretive :blink: .

Back on the idea of the 2011 coaster, if this holds to be true, plans would need to be released between now and December time (approximately?) However, I thought the MTDP was to tell the council what thye were planning on doing, so with no MTDP released, I'm not sure if a 2011 coaster is too realistic. Of course, I don't know what happens behind the scenes and a 2011 coaster could happen; I'm just making a point and theory.

I'm new to this forum. I can confirm that Thorpe do have an MTDP as my friend visited the park and saw the blue prints up in the office when he went to make a complaint. He said that he isn't allowed to tell what they are planning as thorpe want it kept secret at the moment. But he did say that they will build a roller coaster over the lake and that there will be a ride linked to the hotel and that they are removing one of their coasters. I hope that X; No way out is leaving. It is kind of stupid that they have the plans up in the office if they want them to be kept secret.

Hang on, I'm confused here. Firstly, over what lake will the rollercoaster be built? The Colossus lake? The one next to Stealth? And where is the hotel going? I know it's been given the go-ahead, and despite the hotel being a hot conversion here, I'm still none the wiser as to where it's going. Also, if they got ride of X:\, yes it would be missed, but I wouldn't be too bothered. Has anyone thought that even though it's only been in the park on round 2 for 3 seasons, the Fish might go for good and never come back again?

It does indeed. I keep hearing that Thorpe will build an over 200 ft B&M hyper coaster over the lake. Sounds quite unlikely but I heard on another forum that Thorpe Park will build a massive over 200 ft coaster every 5-10 years.

Impossible. Everyone who followed the Stealth construction can back me up here. Stealth was a "one-off" for the park - as we know it's the tallest thing in the park. Wait, it's the tallest thing in the area and can be seen from Thorpe village, Coldharbour, the M3, the M25 and according to some, the top of Peeking Heights @ Chessington (although I can never see it). There is no way in a million years that Runnymede Council will allow another coaster the same height or taller than Stealth. I mean, what sort of coaster will they do? Stealth's pretty simple: up, over and down, and it's overall width doesn't take up much room. If they built another coaster at that height it would take up a lot of room as most of it would be that height.

There is going to be a new coaster in 2011, subject to the usual planning permission etc etc being approved

See, what have I being saying for months, peeps?

Obviously plans are secretive ste193.THORPE PARK don't exactly want everyone to know their future surprises do they! :o

They might have already released the MTDP but are keeping it under wraps from getting out all over the web. People forget that all the parks do know we discuss things that park staff wouldn't usually discuss with everyday visitors.

Intamin rollercoasters aren't exactly cheap..

Nope, infact they're right at the other end.

I would much MUCH prefer Intamin anyway. B&M's do get very samey or are just very average rides. There "good" but that's it, nothing particularly unique or special about them.

Hmm, B&M's are average rides. Are you forgetting they brought us a classic back in 1994, namely Nemesis at Alton Towers?

• 4 weeks later...

Look it doesn't matter which lake it goes on all we care about is the ride it self. All I know is that they're building it over one of their lakes. If you wanna know which lake the coaster goes on then I'll speak to mate about it and hopefully get some answers for you Theme park bloke :) though he may refuse to give any answers, as usual :P.

I really would like a Hyper Coaster, one with no loops or launches, just a little bit of height and lots of hills with awesome airtime :)Something there's not much of in the UKOr, to be honest I'd just like a good length coaster, one that lasts an amount of time that is worth queing the length of lines that Thorpe gets.

Look it doesn't matter which lake it goes on all we care about is the ride it self. All I know is that they're building it over one of their lakes. If you wanna know which lake the coaster goes on then I'll speak to mate about it and hopefully get some answers for you Theme park bloke :) though he may refuse to give any answers, as usual :P.

I highly doubt we will see anything on Colossus' lake. They have built out far enough, perhaps even too far. The noise from the ride and audio can be heard from outside the park, building any closer woud onyl cause more noise issues. Therefore, the Stealth lake is the only feasible option.

I'm hoping for either a hyper or a floorles coaster. The UK have none of those yet but I think that it would make more sense for it to be a hyper (oviously it won't be over 200 ft due to restrictions) or a B&M flyer if it's going over one of the lakes.

the idea of a hyper coaster is so that it goes over 200ft :)

• 3 weeks later...

I was lookin over the plans for saw alive, and I noticed in the far left there are 3 lands with letters on them can somone clarafie what these are and why there are black lines linking them?http://ww2.runnymede.gov.uk/home/latest/wklyplanapps/2009/wk46/0977.DCSITEPLN.005.pdf

Those 3 islands are currently being constructed / nearing completion. They will be used for future developments, possibly the 2012 coaster and maybe in 2015/6 coaster, along with a couple of flats I'd assume. The back lines connecting them will probably be bridges of sort to get from one to the other.Hope that helps. :)