MTDP

MikeC

Look, everyone, just lay off Theme Park bloke. He has made a mistake and yes, he does sometimes do stupid posts. Just get over it. Perhaps being more polite and giving more hints on what to do to avoid stupid posts rather than just having a go at him all the time is a better thing...Anyway, I don't want a Tomb Blaster style ride at Thorpe. It doesn't fit in with the park's target audience and the space required for it could be put to much better use. I just really want a decent dark ride for the park. (In some ways, I find it a shame that we've got SAW now. I would have much prefered a bigger pyramid for X and just have a SAW themed ride totally indoors (like a long version of th indoor section). Anyway, I guess I shouldn't moan about SAW too much...)

I'd rather have some misguided posts then the bitching that comes from your posts.

Well said :blink: Everyone has the right to post (unless they have been banned) it their opinion, and everyone should respect that, theres no need to have a go at him for it mabye some polite suggestions but no need to have a go at him for it, and he may take some hints if they are nice hints e.g. helpful and polite suggestions.Anyway back on topic now.

Well said :blink: Everyone has the right to post (unless they have been banned) it their opinion, and everyone should respect that, theres no need to have a go at him for it mabye some polite suggestions but no need to have a go at him for it, and he may take some hints if they are nice hints e.g. helpful and polite suggestions.Anyway back on topic now.

I think Thorpe Park should take down all of their coasters and make one huge roller coaster that goes 500mph and is 500ft high.

My idea for the next few years.2010: A small flat to go in MHFS's place. Also a complete retheme of X no way out, and make it into an Aztec building.2011: Plans start for major coaster coming 2012 (Project Tooth Fairy) two new infilled islands appear. Giant advertisement posters go up for Project Tooth fairy.2012: Project Tooth Fairy opens. A huge flyer which goes across the two new islands and has many elements over the lake.2012: Major park improvements made.

Tbh I think they should just knock down the whole park and make a good one :blink:I'm wondering the same as Tim at the moment, are we actually gonna see a new MTDP now? We have next to no information at all about future developments apart from continued land infilling and a hotel.

Firstly, a coaster the size of Rattlesnake could EASILY fit into the Fungle space. Please remember whatever goes in it's place does not have to have the EXACT footprint size. There is space right behind it and up to the Monks Walks fence, plenty of space, even for an S&S El Loco-if they ever went there! :blink: Second of all, if 'a friend' 'who works for Merlin' has told you something about the future of the site, knowing you are unable to post what it is, please don't brag you know and 'can't say', it's a tad annoying and doesn't make anyone look clever.

Yes, we'd all like thrills to be thrown at us, but you also have to remember, Merlin have just spent a great deal of cash on Dylan and will be looking forward to the great deal of cash it will make for them. Next year, they really will not be putting their hands as deeply into their pockets and will squeeze another year from Saw. Even more so if they have SW6 cash being spent at the towers.

Second of all, if 'a friend' 'who works for Merlin' has told you something about the future of the site, knowing you are unable to post what it is, please don't brag you know and 'can't say', it's a tad annoying and doesn't make anyone look clever.

Sorry about that fever I didn't mean to offend you or make it sound the way your saying it does. I was just stating that so that I could get my point across to Theme Park Bloke about the fact it will not be a coaster as there is no point right next to NInferno.

Yes, we'd all like thrills to be thrown at us, but you also have to remember, Merlin have just spent a great deal of cash on Dylan and will be looking forward to the great deal of cash it will make for them. Next year, they really will not be putting their hands as deeply into their pockets and will squeeze another year from Saw. Even more so if they have SW6 cash being spent at the towers.

I agree with what Fever said it is not likely to be anything major due to the ammount of money currently being invested in SW6 as well as the contracts running out on Beanoland and Imperial Leather at Chessington. Thorpe Park got the Major new attraction this year so it will likely be a flat ride.Also Guys can we keep this on-topic and please don't be harsh to other members, I understand I said something about ThemeParkBlokes post but that was just about the coaster. There is no need for other members to start slagging him off and members arguing on the forum. Please in future be nice to other members and keep the posts on topic. This not only makes it nicer for other members but will keep the admin team happy as they do not want to sit there reading reported posts for no reason.

I expect the area will become one day, home to another flat. I hope they, although having caused a few headaches, go for something as original and unique as the two S&S rides they opted for in 2005.One final note, reading "there's no point in having another coaster next to N:I" seems a bit daft, imagine the carousel missing, there is a large area-even larger including the arena, that could hold a nice little coaster, even with a Jungle theme if they were to consider themeing. Up until last year, you could have said, there's no point in adding another coaster right next to Colossus, but they did. :blink:

That is very true although it had been along time since Colossus was built and its not that close to it where as Fungle is Right next to the exit of N.Inferno. I think the next coaster will be on the infills near Stealth. Nothing has been decided as of yet and as everyone knows nothing is predictable, Theme Parks will always keep things quiet for as long as they can it adds to the excitment.Just to add I would love to see a coaster next to N.Inferno a bit like Duelling Dragons I think that same thing with N.Inferno would be pretty nice. I don't agree with a Flying Coaster I am not a big fan of them although I would love to see a Water Coaster sometime soon.

Well to be fair, like RCT3 a ride exit leading into a new ride queueline would be perfect! The N:I queueline is further away than Colossus and Saw's would be. Although, I fully, fully expect the new coaster to be on the infill behind Stealth and I would expect planning to be a tricky one having Norlands Lane even closer to that future development site.I also would have thought, the park would have looked into moving the quieter rides from the 'City' to the new land fill, even OG, giving them more space on the older Thorpe land, further from local streets. I would really enjoy that, purely to see some of the seriously old 30 year old path ways that have been dug up endless times, finally replaced with new paving. That way all quiet rides could be in that direction as on a windy day, you'd be suprised how far noise can travel. An old member of staff used to live a way down Staines Road and she could sometimes hear the Colossus theme and the ride leaving the lift hill. I myself before the roundabout, could hear the police siren and dog bark from Saw too!

Yeah when I was walking into the park from the main road could hear Colossus and Saw effects. The thing that annoys me is when people living near the parks moan about the noise etc. I mean you moved to a house next to a theme park what do you expect. I think whatever Merlin decides to do to Thorpe over the next few years will be great additions to an already great park. I think next year will be more based around Alton and Chessington as both those parks have not had anything major recently especially Chessington where the last major thing was Dragon's Fury.

Although, I do hate local moaners, it seems to be very British.. however, remember a lot of them down Norlands Lane or in Thorpe village may have lived there longer than 2000 where things really took off at Thorpe. If someone has just moved in, then yes I agree, you know what to expect.

Hi guys.I just made a simple error a couple of days ago. And I fixed it pronto. I go away for a couple of days and come back to find people bickering over what I said. Mad.And to quote Mark9: I'd rather have some misguided posts then the bitching that comes from your posts.He's right. We all bicker here instead of advising others and pointing them in the right direction. It all build up and looks what happens.

He is a big noob. Most things he says is a load of rubbish.

Oh right, OK. Have you seen some of your ideas? Like your idea to put an eating area in Fungle's old space, right opposite the Barbecue and grill? Best idea of the year, that.