MTDP

MikeC

What about the latest innovation from our good old friends who bought us Zodiac - Huss?HUSS KING KONGThe gondola is designed for up to 24 passengers with a maximum height of 12,5 m (41 ft.) and a footprint of 10 m x 11,5 m (33 ft. x 38 ft.). The ride is actuated by a hydraulic system. The passengers will enter the gondola on the floor and then the KING KONG will start to prop up and lift the gondola at the same time. When the figure stands upright he will start to shake the gondola slowly. After a while the gondola will be directly in front of the head of our KING KONG and our special effects starts with sound, mist and shining eyes.If you ask me, it seems a logical option, (even though I hate the idea of this ride) because it comes readily themed for Calypso Quay, has a relatively small footprint, and is suitable for younger thrill seekers.Advantages:Small footprintSomething for the younger visitorsUnique'Heavily' Themed, ready for Calypso QuayLooks the partDisadvantages:Tragically low throughput - just 480 pph

Looks pretty cool. It would add something that Thorpe Park needs!

Having the King Kong ride, was an idea I had last year, but people on TPM who know more than I do, said that it doesn't relate to Calypso Quay at all and it would not be suitable. I think that it would be a suitable ride at Chessington because it's innovative and will provide a very unique experience unlike that of the other rides that CWoA currently have.

• 3 weeks later...

I would love for Thorpe to fill in lots more land, for more big, iconic rollercoasters.Personally (I KNOW it won't happen), I would like it to turn into Six Flags Thorpe, and have rides like Scream, Riddler's Revenge, Batman: The Ride, El Toro, etc.I will just have to keep dreaming. :P

I was over listening a conversation at the park today between a staff member in SAW and another family and the worker claimed to know that he knew what would be going on in the park for the next 6 years and what the next 2 coasters will be, is this true or was he just lieing?also he said that every 2 or 3 years they are allowed to build a big coaster?I just want to know if he was lieing lol :)

Well that would depend on what he so-called thinks the park are building. E.g...If he said that Thorpe were going to build another launch coaster, I'd say BS.Park employees might know some info because they work there and people inc. managers would tell them or if would be passed from person to person. They might be told some info if it affects them directly. However, the staff can't tell/discuss with anyone who doesn't work with them because they have to sigh a NDA. If the staff member said what the plans are, he/she could lose their job.

Thorpe have gotta get a flyer though.

I disagree. A flyer, while it can be forceful (especially pretzel loops I've heard), it doesn't (in my opinion) suit Thorpe's target market. Plus, considering AT already have a flyer and there are so many other choices available, do we really want Thorpe to be coping AT to become a mini-AT?

Yes, they'd be good options. However, another B&M ride would surely mean less theming (I know we had Inferno, but still, it would mean less theming?), which I think has proved a definite hit with SAW!I'd be happy with a woodie for 2012 (with some good theming of course), then we can bring in another B&M for 2015/6. :)