Random

Phill

Firstly, there were 144 pages of this topic a minute ago, none of the posts needed deleting, so wtf?Secondly, I don't hate you Tommy, so don't worry! ;)Thirdly, Marc your opinion is and always has been so one sided and two dimensional with regards to Apple and Microsoft that it's almost not worth considering anymore! When stripped down your posts never appear to be much more than APPLE SUX MICROSOFT RAWK.However, I agree with you that as people are discussing the adverts, then clearly they are being successful. I must admit that my first thought was 'what?', and I didn't realise that they were employing a metaphor with the 'Life Without Walls' slogan, but perhaps all the sun has gone to my head. ;)Design wise, I do like the advert above (the only one I’ve seen or care to see), however I think it is let down by the large section of smaller text that detracts attention and means that at first glance, I didn't even notice the slogan. The garish yellow may be a little outdated too, but it does the job.With regard to the Mac vs. PC adverts, I don't think they can really be compared for obvious reasons, the formats are too different. I don't think that the Mac vs. PC adverts should be seen as 'slagging off' Microsoft either, they are just comparisons, that obviously Apple would swing in their favour; Microsoft could easily produce something similar if they wanted to. But clearly they don't want to, the advert above does nothing to 'slag off' Apple in any way, they know that this would be an ultimately fruitless venture. Companies don't just spend large amounts of money on advertising campaigns because they're upset that a rival was mean to them, they embark on marketing for a variety of different reasons, including extending the life of a current product, marketing a new one, increasing sales or consumer awareness. Adverts are generally Informative or Persuasive, not Back-stab-ive.As for the Bill Gates & Jerry Seinfeld adverts, I agree that they are good fun to watch, especially online as viral advertising, but they aren't so practical to be used with conventional mass-market advertising methods purely because of the length of them, far too extensive for an E4 advert break or a pre-movie showing.So, I still have no idea what the aim of this advert is, or what it's trying to sell me, which leads me to question if it successfully achieves its aims at all.Business 101 people!

Thirdly, Marc your opinion is and always has been so one sided and two dimensional with regards to Apple and Microsoft that it's almost not worth considering anymore! When stripped down your posts never appear to be much more than APPLE SUX MICROSOFT RAWK.

Hardly the case, I have used/owned a few apple products in the past and am reasonably happy with them. My problem with apple is that they seem to brain wash SOME of there users to believe absolute bollocks, that macs are invincible to any problem in the world and what not which we all know, is not true!

Design wise, I do like the advert above (the only one I’ve seen or care to see), however I think it is let down by the large section of smaller text that detracts attention and means that at first glance, I didn't even notice the slogan. The garish yellow may be a little outdated too, but it does the job.

If you mean the image, I only posted that one because it had a rollercoaster, there are all sorts here!

With regard to the Mac vs. PC adverts, I don't think they can really be compared for obvious reasons, the formats are too different. I don't think that the Mac vs. PC adverts should be seen as 'slagging off' Microsoft either, they are just comparisons, that obviously Apple would swing in their favour; Microsoft could easily produce something similar if they wanted to.

Not really sure on that one, theres obviously a direct result from the mac ads, the whole "hello I'm a pc and ive been made into a stereotype" in the white room and that seems like theyve pretty much looked at them and gone from there.

So, I still have no idea what the aim of this advert is, or what it's trying to sell me, which leads me to question if it successfully achieves its aims at all.

Neither do I, but these are only the start in a huge campaign apparently.

You'll find that was an ex-admin who had his post count lowered, and name changed.

OK.

Your swearing is really starting to annoy me now. This forum is for people of all ages and is suppose to be a nice safe place to visit. If I was a dad and knew my son or daughter looked at this forum a lot and I saw your swearing in nearly every post you post, I know I wouldn't be very happy.

My swearing is really starting to annoy you? Today I have logged on, and what do I find in 3 topics? You dictating me on how to behave. You have no right to tell me what to do. Any more and I shall filter back across your replies to me in posts and Posted Image all of them, and I shall also inform the "people at the top" of this forum. If you've got something to say, PM me.

Not necessarily! Not to long ago we went through and deleted a ton of accounts that hadn't been logged into for a year (we messaged them first, ofcourse!). Don't forget, just because they don't post, doesn't mean they're not an active member. Those 400 members have all been active within the past month, as in, logged in and reading, not bad going! Your member number is your ID in the database, which shows what order people registered in, 1 is Marc, 2 *was* me, etc. We're now up to '3135', so if you crunch the numbers, we've deleted over 2,734 accounts, for one reason or another, since the start on TPM.

Yeah, you've deleted over 2,734 accounts, for one reason or another - mostly accounts for people who sign up and abandon them literally straight away!

Why do you have to be so aggressive?

Me aggressive. Naa. ;)

I hate members that post on forums for a few months and then start strutting around like they own the joint.

Are you talking about anyone in particular?

My swearing is really starting to annoy you? Today I have logged on, and what do I find in 3 topics? You dictating me on how to behave. You have no right to tell me what to do. Any more and I shall filter back across your replies to me in posts and Posted Image all of them, and I shall also inform the "people at the top" of this forum. If you've got something to say, PM me.Me aggressive. Naa. ;)

1. But Peter has a point, you can't just say that he's dictating you, because in each of those posts he does have a point. So even if you reported those posts, not all of them would be deleted, as it is a justified point, even if you think he's having a personnal dig. Even if he was, it would be because your talking utter crap.2. Funny how you say your not aggressive, and a few sentances above you were warning someone not to tell them what to do, when they weren't.

Wouldn't it be great if Rich could just stop dictating.

1. But Peter has a point, you can't just say that he's dictating you, because in each of those posts he does have a point. So even if you reported those posts, not all of them would be deleted, as it is a justified point, even if you think he's having a personnal dig. Even if he was, it would be because your talking utter crap.2. Funny how you say your not aggressive, and a few sentances above you were warning someone not to tell them what to do, when they weren't.

Dan, reponse to no. 1: I'm not trying to get his posts deleted. Perhaps he does have a point but he's just putting it rudely.Reponse to no. 2: I'm not agressive, and I wasn't warning anyone. I was telling him. And he was telling me what to do.I'm sick of people thinking they're right around here, and them thinking that they say goes, end of. Well sadly, it doesn't work like that.

I would like to try and sort this out:Theme Park Bloke, you have to understand: Its not like, what so and so says goes. It's what the ADMINS say goes. Everyone in the world is equal and also on these forums too. Everyone has the right to an opinion and to express themselves WITHIN reason and acceptance.E.g. Just because X says something, doesn't mean it necessarily goes. If I say for example, if you're rude to someone you will get punished, in that case, it does go. Some people on these forums can be annoying and can be an arsehole and everyone gets on everyone's nerves. It's apart of life.And if you have done something wrong, people like Rich (who are trying to help) will tell you what you did and where you went wrong.

Wouldn't it be great if Rich could just stop dictating.Dan, reponse to no. 1: I'm not trying to get his posts deleted. Perhaps he does have a point but he's just putting it rudely.Reponse to no. 2: I'm not agressive, and I wasn't warning anyone. I was telling him. And he was telling me what to do.I'm sick of people thinking they're right around here, and them thinking that they say goes, end of. Well sadly, it doesn't work like that.

I agree with you. ;). people thinking they are right, and people that jump to conclusions can keep away from me. I'm not interested in the slightest.

Honest I dont hate apple but that really amused me for abit!
Of-course it's sped up you idiot, it even says at the bottom of the bloody advert. Secondly the 'comparison' is running on sodding Edge, not 3G. Thirdly it'll be the network operators fault, not Apples. Fourthly, OH, IT'S AN ADVERT. Jesus Christ.

I agree with you. ;). people thinking they are right, and people that jump to conclusions can keep away from me. I'm not interested in the slightest.

I think you will find that the people that are correcting you have been on this forum for a while now and do generally know how it works, the rules etc. Just look at your posts, look at the points people give you and have a think about it before you reply. We don't think we're right, because I think you will find that most of the time we are infact right.

Wouldn't it be great if Rich could just stop dictating.Dan, reponse to no. 1: I'm not trying to get his posts deleted. Perhaps he does have a point but he's just putting it rudely.Reponse to no. 2: I'm not agressive, and I wasn't warning anyone. I was telling him. And he was telling me what to do.I'm sick of people thinking they're right around here, and them thinking that they say goes, end of. Well sadly, it doesn't work like that.

On our forum it does. We have posted and put it in the guidelines. I have asked in the past for people not to swear (hiding it behind stars is still swearing) and most of it from you has been unnecessary.

I think you will find that the people that are correcting you have been on this forum for a while now and do generally know how it works, the rules etc. Just look at your posts, look at the points people give you and have a think about it before you reply. We don't think we're right, because I think you will find that most of the time we are infact right.

actually, I was taking the side of theme park bloke.agree with him 100 percent