Random

Phill

So if we've got 400 members, it means that over 2500 of the people who have applied have simply applied and thought "Sod this" and left their account to rot - correct?This is the kind of numbskull that irritates me - one member who signs up, posts one topic and then f**ks off:Clicky: http://forum.maniahub.com/index.php?showto...amp;#entry27390

So if we've got 400 members, it means that over 2500 of the people who have applied have simply applied and thought "Sod this" and left their account to rot - correct?This is the kind of numbskull that irritates me - one member who signs up, posts one topic and then f**ks off:Clicky: http://forum.maniahub.com/index.php?showto...amp;#entry27390

You'll find that was an ex-admin who had his post count lowered, and name changed.

when it comes to members joining a forum, there are 3 things that anoy me:1. people sign up, and never even visit the site2: people that visit the site, but to post the same advert, or other spam in multiple areas and spoil it for everyone else.3: people that can't spell, and none of there posts make any sense

This is the kind of numbskull that irritates me - one member who signs up, posts one topic and then f**ks off:Clicky: http://forum.maniahub.com/index.php?showto...amp;#entry27390

Your swearing is really starting to annoy me now. This forum is for people of all ages and is suppose to be a nice safe place to visit. If I was a dad and knew my son or daughter looked at this forum a lot and I saw your swearing in nearly every post you post, I know I wouldn't be very happy.I know most teenagers swear but there is even younger people who visit.

So if we've got 400 members, it means that over 2500 of the people who have applied have simply applied and thought "Sod this" and left their account to rot - correct?

Not necessarily! Not to long ago we went through and deleted a ton of accounts that hadn't been logged into for a year (we messaged them first, ofcourse!). Don't forget, just because they don't post, doesn't mean they're not an active member. Those 400 members have all been active within the past month, as in, logged in and reading, not bad going! Your member number is your ID in the database, which shows what order people registered in, 1 is Marc, 2 *was* me, etc. We're now up to '3135', so if you crunch the numbers, we've deleted over 2,734 accounts, for one reason or another, since the start on TPM.Also whilst we're on the subject, we used to have user validation, so we could check your usernames, etc. We stopped this to allow new members to get going quicker, but it seems we've fallen into a problem that usernames are...s**t. We would like to have related user names, to your name, overall it makes the community that much more nicer. We're not going to start enforcing that if you're registed now, but if you would like your username changed, message me or anyone from the admin team.