Chessington General Discussion

Ash

When I get to the park, I'll be going straight to Vampire. :)Another question I have.... Does Chessington open its admission booths (ticket sales) 30 minutes before park opening like Thorpe Park does? (At 9.30am)

I don't know whether this still happens or not but...I arrived before at Chessington at 9am and it was only around then the gates were opening. (North Entrance - Main).The Admission Booths were open as soon as the main gates opened.I would say anytime from 9am (approx) onwards would be fine to purchase a ticket or tickets.

I would guess the majority of them would have been unless they had already broken down, if Vampire was on 3 train op at least one train would have been on the circuit/2nd lift. And same with Rattlesnake and Dragon's Fury, at least a few of the cars will have been doing the circuit.

I saw a picture in the Daily Mirror of Rattlesnake about 5-10 metres up the lift hill, so luckily they didn't have far to walk back down the steps. And I saw Fury stuck at the top on YouTube, a if it had cut few seconds later it would be on the descent down. There was probably a few boats stranded on Falls' main lift hill?What happened when the power came back on? Did the rides start off where they left off?

I saw a picture in the Daily Mirror of Rattlesnake about 5-10 metres up the lift hill, so luckily they didn't have far to walk back down the steps. And I saw Fury stuck at the top on YouTube, a if it had cut few seconds later it would be on the descent down. There was probably a few boats stranded on Falls' main lift hill?What happened when the power came back on? Did the rides start off where they left off?

I'd love to do a ride evac, really I would. It will be fun.As for the power, I bet Chessington took all the rides back to the main station and started from there

I certainly would hate to be stuck inside Bubbleworks, Hocus Pocus Hall or Tomb Blaster.

I think evacuating Tomb Blaster would be really cool!To be able to see everything with the main lights on and walk along side the train.Sounds like fun evacuating Tomb Blaster!(Shame I am always in the station during the breakdown and not on the ride! :))Bubbleworks - Think would be cool to evacuate this aswell.Hocus Pocus Hall - Not a nice one to evacuate I would not have thought! :)I have always wanted to evacuate Vampire on the block brakes before it enters the station.(Only if I was at the front as their is a bose speaker right at the back, and you can hear the music! :)*Sad Me!* :P

Evacuating Toomb Blaster would be so cool. I'd love if when you evacuated you heard sirens and the Critical error detected from the X no way out station, that would really set the sceen.

That would scare alot of people wouldn't it?Wouldn't you want the evacuations to seem simple and easy.This will re-assure guests that don't visit often / haven't been evacuated before, that the ride hosts and operators know what they are doing.Even I would be a bit jumpy if I heard X:\ No Way Out's audio! :)

Rides have to be fully reset (blocks have to be released on Rattle, Fury has to have each drive resetted individually for example) before they can move again.

This is what I don't get. At Thorpe earlier this year, Saw, Samurai and Colossus were all hit by a powercut. The front of Colossus' train was very close to the anti-rollback device at the top of the lift hill just when it was cut, allowing the train to stop there. I was waiting by the main entrance when it came back on, and it started off as normal - surely if Rattlesnake was on the lift hill chain it would do the same?

To be able to see everything with the main lights on and walk along side the train.Sounds like fun evacuating Tomb Blaster!

Yes, it does - but the lights would be off during a powercut.

• Mattgwise changed the title to Chessington General Discussion