Chessington General Discussion

Ash

Chessington could have extended the closure of Beanoland, as they did not need to close it as early as they were going too.(Just an idea).

Also, they still need (not sure if they have now) but they DID need to get the go-ahead for the new land, planning permission ect. If this decision was delayed, they would need Beanoland to remain open for a while longer.

It would be a nice gesture, but even if that was the reason Beanoland's closing date was changed, the majority of people affected by the power cuts wouldn't think, " Wow, thanks very much Chessington for keeping Beanoland open an extra few weeks , that makes up for everything"

That's ture :) most of the guests dont even know beanloand will be closing inless they have put signs up.

Although Beanoland is good, (Billy's Whizzer) I don't spend an awful lot of time there, and it wouldn't really make a difference to my day if it was closed. I can't see any connection between the power cuts and the extended closing time.

I agree with you Paul. (Although I am more of a Rodger the Dodgers Dodgems guy myself :))If Beanoland is closed, I am not really bothered.I am therefore really excited for the 2010 season to see it up front how the "Future Beanoland" will look! :)

1. Beanoland closure announcement...20th September 2009 - 5pmIt will be custard pies at dawn on Sunday 20th September as Chessington & Zoo celebrates the closure of Beanoland after 10 fabulous years and says goodbye with a giant custard pie fight!Once we have cleared up all the mess, we will be closing Beanoland for the last time to make way for Chessington's exciting 2010 plans which will be announced in due course.Limited places available for young adventurers on a first come first served basis on the day. Entry is £1 per participant and all proceeds will be donated to Merlin's Magic Wand charity.2. Anyone wanting to go to Chessington & Zoo for the Rides and Attractions , they are open tomorrow, 12th, 13th and 14th from 10am until 5pm before a few Zoo and SEALIFE Centre days re-start again.

1. Beanoland closure announcement...20th September 2009 - 5pmIt will be custard pies at dawn on Sunday 20th September as Chessington & Zoo celebrates the closure of Beanoland after 10 fabulous years and says goodbye with a giant custard pie fight!Once we have cleared up all the mess, we will be closing Beanoland for the last time to make way for Chessington's exciting 2010 plans which will be announced in due course.Limited places available for young adventurers on a first come first served basis on the day. Entry is £1 per participant and all proceeds will be donated to Merlin's Magic Wand charity.2. Anyone wanting to go to Chessington & Zoo for the Rides and Attractions , they are open tomorrow, 12th, 13th and 14th from 10am until 5pm before a few Zoo and SEALIFE Centre days re-start again.

Awwww!. Bye Beanoland:);)I'll miss it!I won't be there for the closure, so guess I can kiss goodbye to riding the swings again:P

It's a flamin' good job that Thorpe got rid of the Beanoland advertisement as you exit the bridge a few years back.I may go to the park on the 20th. I see the goodbye event starts at 5pm, so will it be open as normal until 5pm? If it is, I may go in for a wander and a ride, depending on how busy it is, but not stay for the goodbye event.

It's a flamin' good job that Thorpe got rid of the Beanoland advertisement as you exit the bridge a few years back.I may go to the park on the 20th. I see the goodbye event starts at 5pm, so will it be open as normal until 5pm? If it is, I may go in for a wander and a ride, depending on how busy it is, but not stay for the goodbye event.

I think that all the Rides and Attractions will be available, as you said, until 5pm.I would imagine that the Beanoland farewell advent will start when all the Rides and Attractions are closed.(Especially if there are going to be a custard pie fight)!Not all guests would want to be hit in the face with pies, so I would imagine that all attractions would be closed.

• Mattgwise changed the title to Chessington General Discussion