SAW: The Ride

Mark9

Yeah always a laugh! :lol:

It all adds to the fun of the ride experience! Does anyone know why the ride gates on SAW have the following markings for each row?E.g.:Row 1: 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 I have never understood this, because each row is only designed for 4 people, so why have two sets of numbers?

It all adds to the fun of the ride experience! Does anyone know why the ride gates on SAW have the following markings for each row?E.g.:Row 1: 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 I have never understood this, because each row is only designed for 4 people, so why have two sets of numbers?

ive wondered this before.. it confuses me :lol:

Does anyone know why the ride gates on SAW have the following markings for each row?E.g.:Row 1: 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 I have never understood this, because each row is only designed for 4 people, so why have two sets of numbers?

Actually its like this:111122223333This is because (technically) The ride operator should have each gate full at all times. So the 4 people about to go on will be on 1111 the people after on 2222 and so on!

I would like to add, ride operator, OPERATES the ride, the numbers job, lays on the hands of platformers/batchers (ride host) and to help them with batching the correct amount of guests, and the job of ride operator is to make sure everything on the ride is running smoothly (watching CCTV, saftey lights etc)

Anyone else think that the billy doll as you come in the station should be re-timed. It starts like 5 seconds before you can even get close. And as soon as the second car pulls into the station your both on the move and they cant hear jack.if you get me :lol:

Anyone else think that the billy doll as you come in the station should be re-timed. It starts like 5 seconds before you can even get close. And as soon as the second car pulls into the station your both on the move and they cant hear jack.if you get me :lol:

Yes. I think it has already been re-timed once, because it worked much better the most recent time I have ridden SAW, whereas it still needs slight adjustment.

Yes. I think it has already been re-timed once, because it worked much better the most recent time I have ridden SAW, whereas it still needs slight adjustment.

I havent been to thorpe recently so I wouldnt know :lol:Chris said the doll has a controller.. pretty sweet :lol:

With concerns as to when the second car goes up the lift hill, I do believe that it is when the first car is on (or just passes) the outdoor MCBR. Thus why the cars 'meet' when one is on the brake run and one car is going up the lift hill.

Whilst on 6 cars a car began going up the lift hill as another hit the brakes, meaning they met side by side. Now that it's on 8 cars one indeed does start the lift hill ascent as another leaves the MCBR, so as one hits the brakes another is going over the top of the tower I believe.

Whilst on 6 cars a car began going up the lift hill as another hit the brakes, meaning they met side by side. Now that it's on 8 cars one indeed does start the lift hill ascent as another leaves the MCBR, so as one hits the brakes another is going over the top of the tower I believe.

I know someone into rides should know this but my mind has gone blank!What is MCBR? ;)