SAW: The Ride

Mark9

Quick question why are you slating thorpe for the higher prices for photos and refering to spending this money which does not belong to thorpe. The photo operations at Thorpe Park along with many other merlin attractions is run by Picsolve not the park, Thorpe park out sourced the photo operations a few years ago now.

Quick question why are you slating thorpe for the higher prices for photos and refering to spending this money which does not belong to thorpe. The photo operations at Thorpe Park along with many other merlin attractions is run by Picsolve not the park, Thorpe park out sourced the photo operations a few years ago now.

Because Picsolve are greedy? £7 for something that costs about 50p to print and £2 in overheads doesn't make £7.Other Merlin attractions have them at £6.

What are you on about?!All the single photos at Thorpe have risen to £1 more than other Merlin parks. Fact.

Rob was right, they are apparently £7 at Alton Towers now too. The ones at Alton also seemed to go up before they did at Thorpe.

Non that I'm aware of, Swinging axes seem like they back in operation. The problem is they taken SR away and that there many empty seats :D But I not too bothered, their choice, and tbh it makes it bit fairer so people don't abues it.

As people are obviously abusing the system for SAW: The Ride single rider (some people). This is just an idea, but you could have an allocated ticket that is free like a fastrack. But you could fix a limit on it and have to ride between a certain hour. And as it is free, if anyone misses their slot, they can't really moan! :D Just an idea though. :)

Yeah whatever :) Doesn't look like anything majors happened with saw lataely. Infact I can't remember the last day it was down for a full day! Really good!

Lol it was a nice fastrack replacement for a while :D But realised my 'selfishness' by using it and changed my ways :D Now will que 60 mins with everyone , but it goes very quick so it not bad at all.

As people are obviously abusing the system for SAW: The Ride single rider (some people). This is just an idea, but you could have an allocated ticket that is free like a fastrack. But you could fix a limit on it and have to ride between a certain hour. And as it is free, if anyone misses their slot, they can't really moan! :D Just an idea though. :)

Well I know a mate from school who used his disabled pass 12 times on Saw when que was low, but tbh it not just cheating the que line, it that your filling up seats.

Hmmm. guys I work for picsolve. the equipment we use is EXTREMELY expensive. it costs a good three grand for the camera itself without the flash unit. as well as cost of printers software, flash units, the photo booth, the screens, it works out to be really really expensive. I know its high but working for the company, I understand it.BTW, best thing to do is do the 2 for 10 with someone next to u or get the Photopass (5 for 20 is good, u save 15)

Yeap :) £4. SR was there as a kind of replacement I think, and now Fastrack in it gone, a good way of getting more money :D At least I have 3 passes to use on Sunday, Saw it will be :D

On the Fastrack ticket posters is is advertised at "SAW: THE RIDE or STEALTH - £4". To be honest, I can't see why they don't just scrap these and include all of the attractions on "Single Fastrack - £3".

On the Fastrack ticket posters is is advertised at "SAW: THE RIDE or STEALTH - £4". To be honest, I can't see why they don't just scrap these and include all of the attractions on "Single Fastrack - £3".

I guess its because Stealth is still thorpes icon coaster and is the ride that make me people go "wow" when they see it, tallest and fastest and saw is ofcourse the new ride based on saw films. Sort of stand in a different league to the rest :)

Thats exactly what fastrack was before they implemented the charge....

I remember on my trip with the europen coaster club in 2007 using the SR for nemesis which went up the exit, we were given a wristband from a member of staff walking down the exit but not sure if this happened reguarlrly. It did clog up the exit though! So I guess its a good thing they dont have it anymore.

Yea , there were times when it was pointless, for example it wasn't very well advertised you needed a wristband to use single rider, and countless times people would have been in the que for Nemesis Inferno and have to go all the way back to guest services to get one. I know it's Thorpe and it's not THAT far away, but it's would still be an unhelpful hiccup in your day