SAW: The Ride

Mark9

Well tbh people have complained about it not being same as Movies, BUT , this ride is themed in CANADA Creek, so he is american guy doing it and therefore lives in canada and has american accent, which I think works well. And yes it seems to get deeper everytime Todge!

Yes, what Ricky said.Also, Billy's voice was always recorded with an American Guy. Infact, the same guy does Billy's voice for the ride, however it has been slowed down alot.

I find it frustrating that a lot of members are still unaware of the 'thrill island' idea. There are no longer areas or themed 'lands'. Anything as strong as the Creek is just because it was done years ago. Saw is on a different island. It's not in an 'area'. The only reason they're still known as 'areas' is simply because people are used to it. There will be no more 'themed lands' well, unless they change their minds.

Mumbo Jumbo at flamingo land wont take saw's record because firstly there is already a steeper ride then saw wich is simular to mumbo jumbo at indiana beach.. secondly saws record is for the worlds steepest "freefall" drop and mumbo jumbo has brakes on its drop wich make it non " freefall"

Mumbo Jumbo is steeper than it's sister at Indiana Beach and will become the steepest roller coaster in the world and officially into the world record books on opening day. The 'freefall' thing is a minor technicality; as soon as the train leaves the trim, at the top of the drop-the car is on freefall. Regardless, the 'beyond vertical' drops are far less superior than a simple vertical drop. Think how gravity works!

For those who want confirmation about ride areas being 'abandoned':

SAW – The Ride is referred to as being in Canada Creek in order for us to easily reference whereabouts in the Park it is. However, the ride itself is situated on an island and will exist as its own entity. The IP (Intellectual Property) has too strong a brand identity and recognition for us to either try and ‘shoe-horn’ it into another area or vice versa. The zones in essence haven’t been removed, only we changed the style and classification of the rides on the map to highlight their thrilling nature to fit in with THORPE PARK’s brand of the UK’s most thrilling theme park.

(From questions to TP)Also, on last year's 'Behind the Loops' tour, it was said by TP themselves that, like Fever said, the park is becoming a 'Thrill Island' or an 'Experience Park'.

I find it frustrating that a lot of members are still unaware of the 'thrill island' idea. There are no longer areas or themed 'lands'. Anything as strong as the Creek is just because it was done years ago. Saw is on a different island. It's not in an 'area'. The only reason they're still known as 'areas' is simply because people are used to it. There will be no more 'themed lands' well, unless they change their minds.

The areas or "lands" if you will, are still referred to when working. It's easier for us to locate a specific place within the park. For example, when we refer to somewhere in Amity Cove, usually we'd say "blah blah blah from Amity" ;)

Yes, what Ricky said.Also, Billy's voice was always recorded with an American Guy. Infact, the same guy does Billy's voice for the ride, however it has been slowed down alot.

Really? I didn'tthink it was the same guy from the films. It sounds a bit too deep.And the blood didn't work for me either. Which was a bit annoying really because I was back row centre and hoping to get wet

Have Thorpe Park stopped selling the SAW syringe pens?It's just that on Tuesday I couldn't find any in the SAW Store, The Thorpe Mega Store, or anywhere else for that matter. I know that many schools across the country have banned the pens, so I didn't know if Thorpe Park had stopped selling them.

Hes not the same guy, hes a British voiceover artist, they'd never use Tobin Bell. Far too expensive.

I'd have thought he would have done it for nothing, due to the fact Lionsgate are contracted with the park, and it is their ride effectively, until the contract expires.Really they should have got Tobin Bell to record the voiceovers and the TV ad because it adds so much to the experience.Alternatively they could have just cleverly edited sound clips from the films together to make the advert (The dialogue on the exit stairs is from SAW II).

Alternatively they could have just cleverly edited sound clips from the films together to make the advert (The dialogue on the exit stairs is from SAW II).

Well I mean its like James said. Tobin Bell would cost an extorshinate amount. Your right too though, dialogue has been used from the films. Part of the Queueline Dialogue has been taken from the film, the mini speech when you arrive back in the station, exit stairs. All these have been used from the film. However, they couldn't have done this for the Queueline Videos, where Billy is saying something that is not said in the films. For Example, the word Thrill Hunter is not used at all in any of the 5 films. They've done a good job though, doesnt sound that much different ;)

Well I mean its like James said. Tobin Bell would cost an extorshinate amount. Your right too though, dialogue has been used from the films. Part of the Queueline Dialogue has been taken from the film, the mini speech when you arrive back in the station, exit stairs. All these have been used from the film. However, they couldn't have done this for the Queueline Videos, where Billy is saying something that is not said in the films. For Example, the word Thrill Hunter is not used at all in any of the 5 films. They've done a good job though, doesnt sound that much different ;)

I agree that it does sound quite authentic, however anyone who's seen the SAW films will know immediately it isn't the real thing, detracting from the brand.I just meant I don't see how he could be expensive, as Lionsgate would want him to do it for a ride branded around their film. He is contracted to Lionsgate, so I think the reason for him not doing it, isn't financial.After all, Lionsgate are funding an extensive marketing scheme, money no object; It's not nessecarily TP who would have had to pay him.

The areas or "lands" if you will, are still referred to when working. It's easier for us to locate a specific place within the park. For example, when we refer to somewhere in Amity Cove, usually we'd say "blah blah blah from Amity" ;)

The only reason they're still known as 'areas' is simply because people are used to it.

As I said a couple of posts up from yours. :D

I agree that it does sound quite authentic, however anyone who's seen the SAW films will know immediately it isn't the real thing, detracting from the brand.I just meant I don't see how he could be expensive, as Lionsgate would want him to do it for a ride branded around their film. He is contracted to Lionsgate, so I think the reason for him not doing it, isn't financial.After all, Lionsgate are funding an extensive marketing scheme, money no object; It's not nessecarily TP who would have had to pay him.

Well first of all Tobins Contract doesn't state that he is required to provide recordings for Rides & Attractions, just the film. Secondly, the audio isnt even created by Lionsgate.