SAW: The Ride

Mark9

Idk, most of my mates think it's a waste of time. I'm quite neutral tbh.

I agree with your mates, I recon twisted pictures and lionsgate would find a lot of probelms with it. But I recon they aint metioned it on the coupon because its probably had that many bad reviews its just an embarresment. Sorry if anyone finds my opinions a bit demeaning

Did anyone else notice that it looks like they have put a small store where you can probably buy stuff from (it wasn't open yesterday) instead of where they were selling food and drinks over the fence, it's down in the bottom corner of the queue just before you start walking round the fence to get inside, sort of like the huts, the have at spinball?

Did anyone else notice that it looks like they have put a small store where you can probably buy stuff from (it wasn't open yesterday) instead of where they were selling food and drinks over the fence,

Sounds like a good addition looked quite unorganised when passing bits over fence but worked ,Glad that they have sorted it to a hut looks more proffesional

I love this ride, and I normally go on it more then once, but it's getting to much for me now.. on saturday it bruised my back and now it hurts so much! ;) I find this on the front seats mainly, but after the Mcbr and when your dropping from the dive loop into the curve that leads into the breaks, it pushes my back in a really uncomfortable way! I know alot of people I know have that problem too.

I love this ride, and I normally go on it more then once, but it's getting to much for me now.. on saturday it bruised my back and now it hurts so much! ;) I find this on the front seats mainly, but after the Mcbr and when your dropping from the dive loop into the curve that leads into the breaks, it pushes my back in a really uncomfortable way! I know alot of people I know have that problem too.

I'm alright on Saw, it's Colossus which is the biggest troublemaker for me!

I alright on Saw, it's Colossus which is the biggest troublemaker for me!

Same here Colossus is painful for me being 6'6 and short on leg room and hitting head on seat in front ;) I loved saw last week was awsome went on 3 times in a row on front row and was brilliant

I rarely go on SAW these days. With the exception of the first drop, it's just a headache.I would be so happy one year to have the indoor section 're-imagined' and first on my list, would be to darken the station. Far too much light in there. If Tomb can be darker, I won't accept H&S wouldn't allow SAW.

I rarely go on SAW these days. With the exception of the first drop, it's just a headache.I would be so happy one year to have the indoor section 're-imagined' and first on my list, would be to darken the station. Far too much light in there. If Tomb can be darker, I won't accept H&S wouldn't allow SAW.

That is precisely how I feel about Saw. I do enjoy aspects of the ride but I would enjoy it more if it didn't feel like I was a brain haemorrhage in the making. You could tell from the concept art that the creative team did indeed intend the interior portion of the queue to be darker. With little shafts of light coming through the separate planks of wood. The most disappointing aspect of the ride was actually the interior queue and the first block section. It has moments of genius such as the shot guns as you enter the building and (when it was working to full effect) the first drop with swinging blades and strobe lit spikes with a slight UV tint on them. The body is also a great ending to the indoor section.For me, the ride feels like a series of missed opportunities, creative wise at least. There's no denying that it is one of the most intense coasters I've been on. Although it pushes the envelope of what is enjoyable for me.

In terms of darkness, it would make a world of difference if more of the track up to the station from behind was covered. The entrances to the warehouse in the queue could be covered up as well. The jolts during the ride really should be sorted out. I don't see how the outside queue can be considered well themed. It is so horrible to queue in as well in the heat of the summer.

Hey.I think SAW's good, but I agree there's more that could be done. I don't know much on prior 2011 SAW: The Ride, but I found that the indoor spikes were quite heavily in your face, moreso than the actual swinging blades. So I can understand that UV Lighting could make a difference there.I equally agree that it can be quite rough. I did front seat on SAW for my first ever ride and found a fair bit of headbanging through the outdoor section. Yet on the back seat I just felt a "thwack" as my back hit against the seat after the MCBR and the top of the drop.I sitll find it an enjoyable ride though, but I agree that more could be done with the indoor with regards to lighting. They no longer let you queue inside (not sure if that's been mentioned) so it ruins the effect. With the exception of the gunshots, I didn't notice any other theming inside, such as the guy in the razor wire which I know is or was somewhere in there.Being honest though, I'd love to see a darker station with a bit more cover between unload and load, even if it's just a black curtain running across from the Baggage Hold. And I'd like to see the outdoor changed myself. They have mannequins which they don't use, I'd rather see them put into the traps than just sunbathing against the building.^ Sorry, just trying to put my views in. I'll pick up with conversation a bit better quickly I promise ;)