SAW: The Ride

Mark9

With the whole actor changeover thing, did anyone see how they changed the victim over. The hooded person can just go and come back (and have miraculously changed actors) and we saw a new hooded figure bring in a "acting sedated" victim. But I just wondered how the victim gets out of the trap and they swap them over. On Friday there was a woman and a guy who swapped three times. If this hooded person (is it a character from SAW, I feel such an idiot keep calling them the hooded person) was to unstrap the victim and lead them out, it kinda takes away the reality of this trap being the last thing the person is ever going to be in....*BREATHE* So did anyone see "the changeover"?

Yeah. The hooded guy (or girl) just "unstraps" them, and they kind of fall forward and get carried under the stairs. I assume there is a door there. It sucks for the next person having the ring in their mouth with all the spit on :)

Even though it was always pretty obvious that Saw wasn't gonna open today, I think it was pretty out of Thorpe to get the actors around the Saw area, and open the shop and the photo booth things - just gave false hope that it might open to people who aren't really au fait with this kind of thing. When I first arrived today, there could only have been about 5 or so rides open (went on Depth Charge first, didn't regret it :)), so it wasn't just the lack of Saw that was annoying. I reckon an angry letter wouldn't go amiss, hopefully get some free tickets out of it.That said, I got chased by one of the actors who clearly liked my t-shirt (shouted 'MOTLEY CRUEEEE!' at me and chased me haha!); good to know I have the same taste in music as freaks on stilts.

The park where issuing free tickets upon exit today anyway. If you do wish to complain in order to gain some form of compensation I hope that you have retained proof of purchase of the tickets that you used today.

With the whole actor changeover thing, did anyone see how they changed the victim over. The hooded person can just go and come back (and have miraculously changed actors) and we saw a new hooded figure bring in a "acting sedated" victim. But I just wondered how the victim gets out of the trap and they swap them over. On Friday there was a woman and a guy who swapped three times. If this hooded person (is it a character from SAW, I feel such an idiot keep calling them the hooded person) was to unstrap the victim and lead them out, it kinda takes away the reality of this trap being the last thing the person is ever going to be in....*BREATHE* So did anyone see "the changeover"?

I was thinking the same thing! I was queing for it and I went past that bit. then about 5 minutes later, my mate a few people behind me called for me. then there was a fatter pearson as the victim. WEIRD :)

The park where issuing free tickets upon exit today anyway. If you do wish to complain in order to gain some form of compensation I hope that you have retained proof of purchase of the tickets that you used today.

Free entry return tickets? Or fastrack tickets?

Free entry return tickets? Or fastrack tickets?

Depends if you have an annual pass or not. Free entry would be kind of useless with a pass!Free re-entry for those without, fastrack for those with. *edit* damn you JackD!They were annoyingly quiet about doing this. Hundereds of people were walking off without realising. Hell, I almost did until I noticed people with shiny new tickets.

I've still got my TP ticket, reckon if I send a letter with that enclosed I'll get some compensation? Although I didn't buy it today, I used a Tesco voucher, reckon that'll still fly?

Yep thats fine with the Tescos thing my friend got his through Tescos and thats fine.

I've still got my TP ticket, reckon if I send a letter with that enclosed I'll get some compensation? Although I didn't buy it today, I used a Tesco voucher, reckon that'll still fly?

I would not guarantee anything however I'm sure the Guest Services department will do all that they can to help. The fact that you used a Tesco voucher should not make too much of a difference, just make sure you enclose your ticket within the letter as I'm sure it will save alot of hassle. :)

Please don't quote me if this has been said before, but "Saw - The Ride" has been removed from the Unavailable Rides list on the Thorpe Park website. ;).

This has been said a good 5 times already. :P Thorpe Park do hope to re-open saw tomorrow.

Oh cool, that's a load off my mind then. I was thinking Thorpe might have tried worming their way out of it somehow by saying it's beyond their control or something, but that's alright if they're giving out free tickets. Considering Saw and Stealth were both closed (which I thought would have been the biggest queue-sappers in the park), the queues for the rest of the rides were actually pretty okay (10 mins for Inferno, yes please)!

I would not guarantee anything however I'm sure the Guest Services department will do all that they can to help. The fact that you used a Tesco voucher should not make too much of a difference, just make sure you enclose your ticket within the letter as I'm sure it will save alot of hassle. :) This has been said a good 5 times already. ;) Thorpe Park do hope to re-open saw tomorrow.

Sorry about that. I'm glad to see SAW up and running so quickly again. Thorpe Park seem to be turning things around.

Yep sounds like it, they arent happy with what happened this weekend either so its in their favour to get rides open etc. although I have to compliment the park on how clean the park was and the staff were very helpful around SAW and ride breakdowns etc.

I have yet to experiance Saw so I might be inaccurate. But ive seen several videos of the actors and from seeing every film, I would say the hooded figure is meant to be Jigsaw? Like I said, I havent been on it so I might be wrong. But Jigsaw is usually seen with a black hood in the films.As for the unstrapping, perhaps they could be showing Jigsaw removing the *dead* body from the trap?

Yes because of the breakdown I saw it, What they do is the hooded persons shouts you have passed the game and the hooded person unstrappes her then she limps off. Then we left but also the ooded person is ment to be one of jigsaws assistances with the pig mask but its not acctualy a pig mask its the same mask thats used in the trailer for Hellgate.

Hey Guys,Regarding the problems with Saw - The Ride, Thorpe Park and provided me with this:

THORPE PARK would like to apologise to anyone disappointed by the minor technical faults that have occurred over the opening weekend and would like people to be rest assured that we have a commitment to getting the ride running again as quickly as possibly. Gerstlauer have been onsite all weekend to rectify the problem and SAW - The Ride opened up this morning.