SAW: The Ride

Mark9

That's really annoyed me because I visit Thorpe Park with my family quite regularly, my two younger sisters would much rather go on Flying Fish or Depth Charge then the thrill rides. So the single rider que is perfect for us because then I can get on the rides that I want to, and my two younger sisters don't have to wait around for me for a while.There could be someone at the front of the single rider que who only allows people who are actually on there own to enter the que, this would be much more sensible, instead of just getting rid of the whole thing.

There could be someone at the front of the single rider que who only allows people who are actually on there own to enter the que, this would be much more sensible, instead of just getting rid of the whole thing.

As a Thorpe staff member mostly positioned as a "building batcher" for Saw the ride actually policing that would be a nightmare. Once people were onto the fact that you were looking out only for "SINGLE" riders then they would just not talk to each other until they wwere in the building. SRQ did work for a while but the intention was always to replace with a fasttrack system. Single rider system was easily abused and although I personally and along with other staff tried to keep tabs on the guests it is very difficult to stop all that want to hop into the main queue from doing it.Lukily most quests now understand the best thing to do when you see someone doing it is to let us know and we shall remove them from the queue although it is a shame some feel intimidated and dont say anything.

Lukily most quests now understand the best thing to do when you see someone doing it is to let us know and we shall remove them from the queue although it is a shame some feel intimidated and dont say anything.Did see one couple jump under the silver line from SRQ when I went, they were ahead of me. Didn't mention anthing though, tbh more fool them because got on the ride quicker then them :)

Did see one couple jump under the silver line from SRQ when I went, they were ahead of me. Didn't mention anthing though, tbh more fool them because got on the ride quicker then them :)the security an staff have been very good with that on SAW.. I have seen a few gruops jump over the silver line but thye have been caughht every time and sent to the back of the queue

Well there is that, and also the reasons for stopping it on every other ride was because of the H&S risks like overcrowding which I believe was a big issue with Nemesis Inferno. If they wanted SRQ on Saw I believe they should have built a dedicated queueline or system for it, not do what they did.

I really would do anything for Thorpe to invest in Single rider Que's on the majority of the rides again. I haven't had a time as good as I did a few years ago when it was on most of the rides because, the rest of my family literally wont go on ANYTHING apart from maybe a Nemesis Inferno ride and a Rumba Rapids at Thorpe and they won't Que with me either so I have to que by myself for a whole day which isn't great fun and with the chavvy nature of Thorpe can be really intimidating and scary for me at times :) . It wouldn't be THAT costly would it?

^^^Wouldnt it be easier to go with your friends then?

I go with my friends as much as I can but thats not always possible as I'm the only one with an annual pass.Anyway back on topic , is Saw still running on 8 cars? and how long about does it take now when the whole Que is completley full?

I go with my friends as much as I can but thats not always possible as I'm the only one with an annual pass.Anyway back on topic , is Saw still running on 8 cars? and how long about does it take now when the whole Que is completley full?

It is on 8 cars yes, and I think when que at gate it 90 Mins.

Yeah it was extremely quick with 8 cars and no fastrack, no where near as long as 90 mins! Such a difference to having 6 cars. But as Dan said knowing Thorpe with fastrack the queue times could become quite a bit longer, unfortunately because it did move very quickly before!

Even with fastrack the full q is around 45mins / 1 hour.

This is correct, a full queue upto the main gate is 60 minutes. Sometimes it seems like it is shorter but this happens when people do not move down into the queue line and just stand still for ages. We always ask for people to keep moving don the queue because if you are moving constantly even if very slowly it seems like the queue is shorter.When we add the external queue line ith the chains outside the main entrance we can hold an extra 30-45 minutes queue depending on the length of the extension set out in the morning. Normally this is determined by how awake I am in the morning to how well I set out the queue.

I was there today, all the coasters averaged at around a hour, along with Tidal / Loggers. Rush/vortex/detty around 40 mins.Park was pretty busy but seemed to handle it well today. Slammer was also being worked on/tested a lot so will hopefully be back soon.

Probably not using the extension if we use some logic.

Arghh!! Damn TP for starting advertising SAW again on tv! I saw the 10 second ad 5 times in 3 hours on primetime itv yesterday alone >:]The park was getting so uncomfortably full (hitting full capacity by midday frequently) during the Easter holidays; and now it's half term, it's predominantly teens filling up the park which is the worst!