SAW: The Ride

Mark9

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but does THIS look familiar to anyone?? :)

Haha yeah if you have a good look through that website, there are a good few props recognisable from the halloween events at TP, Chessington & Alton; although a fair bit of it is probably created especially for the events by Merlin Studios.This got me thinking aswell, last year at FN quite a few props on Loggers Leap I had recognised from high street shops!! And quite a few of the props used in Colossus' station were from Woolworths!:)

The amount of empty seats on every ride when SRQ is not in operation is a joke to be honest.

How? TBH from what I saw SRQ slowed down the rides dispatch times rather than increased throughput with ops needing to call sr's. The stations busy enough as it is and the disabled path is far to narrow for SRs also.

I hope they do keep the SRQ totally away from SAW; If there isn't a permanent queue (e.g Stealth) for it, it really won't work from anyones perspective. It slows down dispatch times just to change a number on a piece of paper. It doesn't decrease queue times, and it just pressurises the staff even more than they are already.

How? TBH from what I saw SRQ slowed down the rides dispatch times rather than increased throughput with ops needing to call sr's. The stations busy enough as it is and the disabled path is far to narrow for SRs also.

I agree that it probably increased the dispatch times slightly, but whenever I have been to Thorpe and SRQ on Saw hasn't been in operation, there were often 2 and sometimes even 3 empty seats every ride.I just wish one had been installed in the first place, from the parks perspective it is probably best for Saw not to have a SRQ however much I wish it would work well on it.

TBH from what I saw SRQ slowed down the rides dispatch times

I have to say I dont agree with that.I went in SRQ about 3 or 4 times one day and not one of those was under 5 mins waiting.The ride assistant was asking how many people there were (to the people in the main queue arriving at the station), and if there was an odd number (say, 3) then he would immediately put a single rider in with that group in the station.(Likewise with groups of 7; 4 and 3, plus a SR)(before you say, yes I know that is they key idea :) )I don't see how the dispatches got slower, in my opinion they stayed pretty much the same.Maybe the managing of queues added time to the queues (I'm talking only seconds), but certainately not the dispatches.

...why? :)

Better question - why not? :)

Though at times it could slow the queue down slightly, it wasn't too dramatic - well from what I saw anyway. Many people are saying how SAW is not designed for SRQ - but it would work very well when done rightly. Making a permanent queue divider in which disabled riders have the majority of the space - after all, a single rider queue only really needs enough space for 1 or 2 people to stand side-by-side. Anyway, the most part of disabled riders who will need a large amount for moving around are more likely to use the lift than the stairs.Then, as long as the staff get used to having single riders (instead of having them, taking away, bringing them back, taking them away again, etc.) then it would work. Dispatching SR to the upstairs station area is easy. Then, as long as you get a member of staff who can just pay a little bit extra attention to who they put where, there would be no need for the operator to call for SR. Just a matter of adjusting.In the end, I've been for SRQ on all rides, especially SAW, as it works so well and loads of seats are left empty.

Better question - why not? :)

That is my moral in life :) What you said about staff paying attention, the longest we waited on a SRQ was about 5 mins (we were the only ones in it) and this ride Attendant had mixed up a group of 9 with a group of 5, so as you could imagine, one car had 8 out of the 9 people from the first group and the other guy was left stranded with the 5 from the other group! Jeez, common sense, he only had to split the 9 up into 3 groups of 3 and put on 3 single riders to join each of them.Simples :)

They have normaly got 2/3 cars worth in the gates, so the SRQ will never actually slow the queue down when there just added behind that? It only slows things down if your called the the cars directly. Plus the cars will get around the track a hell of a lot faster full. I'm talking seconds, but it adds up. The merge point is the biggest slower of the queue, not SRQ. If they let it free flow untill fastracks turn up, it might actually move. That way not 50 fastrackers are cutting infront of you, but spread along the queue of people evenly. SRQ also allows me to get around 10 times in an hour. Upping my ride count for the day. Impoving my enjoyment of the day, even though Saw cracks my neck, blurs my vision, rapes my brain everytime I do it.

The single rider queue on saw the ride was in operation today...there weren't any signs but you had to go up the fastrack and ask to go in single rider, then at the top of the stairs, single rider is on the right. I only saw 3/4 people using it but it was definitely open

Cool thanks!