Closed Rides

Ash

Know what exactly? If you're talking about the crane, as I passed the park to go to Staines today, I was the 'crane' in the park, in the position of where Slammer is.If you're talking about when it will re-open, I was only guessing, as I obviously had no idea what it was doing. Though I can't see work being done on Slammer to make it operational now unless they want to reopen it before end of season.

Yes there was a crane on the Slammer site today, (as I visited today); it seemed to be taking parts from the top of each tower. The entrance side of seats are currently not on the ride and it is looking like the ride will not be open for a while yet. There were hoses layed on the floor and lots of workmen taking and replacing parts of the ride. Other than Slammer though, all other rides were up and X:\ still has it's lights on. :)

Yes there was a crane on the Slammer site today, (as I visited today); it seemed to be taking parts from the top of each tower. The entrance side of seats are currently not on the ride and it is looking like the ride will not be open for a while yet. There were hoses layed on the floor and lots of workmen taking and replacing parts of the ride. Other than Slammer though, all other rides were up and X:\ still has it's lights on. :)

I;d be very worried for my safety if those large reinforced steel cables were hosepipes.

^ Yeah. It was in many bits yesturday. Seats off, stripped right down... green crane doing bits...

Do not fear! All been put back together now, all the seats were on today. And if anyone would like to know why stealth was down, I don't know the answer but reopened today.

• 5 months later...

As a long time lurker I'd say this is the most useful topic if it's kept up to date, I know it's what I'm alwys looking at the weeks before a visit and is a whole lot easier than trawling through the ride topics to see where the problems are.Anyway, I went the day before yesterday. The only closed ride was samurai which was mating with it's little blue crane all day (as usual. How those two haven't had little mechanical babies yet is beyond me). I didn't see anything else down all day, except for stealth opening a couple of hours late. So not too bad at the mo.