Phill

What is your orientation?  

257 members have voted

1. 1. What is your orientation?

• Straight
    • Gay
    • Bisexual
    • Unsure

On a completely unrelated note: I hate the term "the gays". Since when do "the gays" call heterosexuals "the straights"? Seems a bit rude to bunch the gay population together and identify them by their sexuality when there's so much more to gay people than that.

Nah, the term for straights is 'breeders'... Get your info right :rolleyes:

Chill Rattle :PSidders is an awesome, kind member of TPM, so I doubt any harm was meant by his post (although I myself don't understand it either lol) :rolleyes:

His personality has nothing to do with this, why bring this up? :|

It was both actually; I was interested in what led Kevvy to say such a thing but my posts do tend to have quite a jocular connotation at times. No offence was intended. ;)

Okay then!

"Fred" - was there really any need to use such harsh words towards me? I mean there's having an opinion and then there's just being over the top. Rattle, I bought up his personality because IMO kind people wouldn't post anything offensive. You seemed concerned about his reply to Kevvy so I was just reassuring you it was nothing to worry about. Basically what Sidders said in his last post :)Come on guys, this forum has been so harmonious for a while now, let's keep it that way :rolleyes:

Yes, but it came out that way. Regardless of how you thought mate.I'm with rattlesnake on this one, and mer's response was stupidly pointless and useless.

I'm sorry... when did this become an argument? There was absolutely no need for an attack at such a jovial post that got misunderstood. I've told you what I meant by that post, so surely you should pay more attention to the clarification (that it was just a joke) rather than picking fault with it?I agree with Mer and Benin - do we really need petty little arguments like this in such a topic that requires more understanding than the vast majority of others on Mania Hub?

No, I pay attention. I do actually read what you write, dunno why though.It's an extremely poor tasting joke really, one which should not be considered as a joke and should not be tolerated on a forum. It's an extremely sensitive issue, and the way you said it is not sensitive in any sense of the word.

If you have a problem with the way I write, don't read my posts. Kevvy understands my humour; why on earth would I make a vindictive joke against him about something as sensitive as that? Honestly, talk about making a mountain out of a mole-hill.

^ Never have I seen such hypocrisy.As for me, I can see how the original post can be interpreted in both ways, I just know I saw the harsh joke which was making light humour of a serious and stressful issue for some people; an issue, as Mark pointed out, could lead to suicide and other problems.So yeah I'm done, and I apologise for setting this all off because I didn't feel the 'joke' was appropriate.Out.

Becuase of the sensitive nature of this topic I'm not going to take any actions against posts. But three of you have seriously pissed me off. Being gay, bi or lesbian is one of the most difficult things a person can ever come to terms with. People know me as this jolly, fun loving, jovial and PROUD gay. But I wasn't always like this and I'd appreciate some manners in this topic.Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember a few years ago our group of friends had long suspected that one of our friends and another girl had a thing, but never confronted her because we just didn't know how, and didn't want to her offend her or anything. When she did eventually come out as being bi, the whole school found out and she got bullied like mad because of it. We were year 10 at the time, and she had year 7 kids coming up and ripping it out of her. It got so bad she ended up punching one kid who just wouldn't let up! It was genuinely horrible to watch her go through that, and it put a strain on her relationship with her girlfriend. Now we're in year 13 and no one cares any more, because at the end of the day she's still the same person, she just finds girls attractive too! I also know a guy 2 years younger than me who is gay, he's come out to his friends (some of whom I'm friends with) but I'm not sure if anyone else knows. Either way he's a victim of vicious rumours atm, and it's quite distressing to hear about it. I don't understand why people think it's funny or 'cool' to bully people who have a different sexuality to their own - it doesn't affect them physically or mentally, so why bully them?As for me, I'm straight, but I have numerous bisexual friends and although I'm not sexually attracted to women and would never have a relationship with one, I'm sure as hell not shy when it comes to saying if I think a woman is hot (for example, Katy Perry).It's such a shame sexuality is such a controversial topic, although at least now it's far more socially acceptable :)

Sexuality will always be controversial, purely because of the general sense of outcast it does bring to someone's life.Of course maybe in the future, more people will be understanding in the playgrounds, but it's up to the parents and teachers to ensure that it is something that should potentially be discussed in classes. But of course, if we were to introduce such a thing, the small-minded unwanting minority would no doubt yell loudly and stamp their feet thinking that their children would be 'corrupted' or some such nonsense.It is still ridiculous though bullying in schools over it. Something does need to be generally done about it.

Yeah I totally agree, granted it wasn't me getting bullied, but watching a close friend go through it and genuinely not knowing what to do about it just leaves you feeling pretty useless. It's also beyond frustrating when the teachers choose to ignore the issue, or instead punish the one being bullied. As if they aren't going through enough already! :)