Peeking Heights

Peeking Heights is located in Mystic East at Chessington & Zoo.Peeking Heights used to be loacated at THORPE PARK which was called Eclipse.This was Eclipse at Thorpe Park (before located to Chessie).Posted ImagePeeking Heights which currently is a Chessington looks like this...Posted ImagePeeking Heights suits Chessington & Zoo alot more imo due to Chessington's target audience.Discuss Peeking Heights here... :(

Much preferred it at Thorpe. It actually had quite a cool theme idea and name there. Chessie literally painted over the themeing and pods, you can still see the moons, old colour scheme and themeing on the pods.Aside from that though, it's a great way to just sit back and relax for a couple of minutes. =)

This is great. I love Peaking Heights, but I agree Eclipse is a far better name. It reminds me a lot of the London eye, with only a small exception, Peaking heights provides a better feeling and atmosphere, and it's much much shorter, but that goes with out saying. If Peaking heights went as long as the London eye, you'd hardly have time for anything else

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

If Peeking could actually use it's capacity, I'd like it more...But it can't... So I don't like it that much...Nice ride for a sit-down, but... Infuriating at the same time...

Out of interest any idea why it doesn't? I'm sure when needed it did at Thorpe.

I can tell you that (being that I operated the bloody thing more then I like to remember)Basically, the more pods you start to use, despite the balancing idea on the ride, the more likely the ride will slip. When you load three pods on each side the wheel more or less is balanced. However when you go up to 4 and 5 pods the wheel tends to move by itself when you turn of the break and before the motors engage. So to stop that happening you only use 6 of the 18 pods. Of course its incredibly infuriating for the queue, incredibly infuriating for the guests and staff and all in all..A rubbish and worthless ride that should be removed.

I believe Thorpe were a little bit more experimental with it although it was six years ago so can't remember exactly. Chessington restricted it to 5 pods so 10 of the 18 pods. The throughput is around 300/350 when you load 6 out of 18 pods.(Although bear in mind, if all 18 pods were loaded that would be a half an hour ride as it takes so long to go round)

• 4 weeks later...

It isn't a popular ride and hardly ever has a queue for it, I personally thing Merlin should sell it off and add a better ride there instead.

I think Peeking Heights can be quite busy at times, especially in the summer.Yes, it isn't one of the rides that screams the word 'queues' but isn't that a good thing?!Peeking Heights gives some picturesque views of Wild Asia, Dragon Falls, Dragon's Fury and Rameses Revenge!Also, it is amazing for the 'green look' at for the Thorpe Park fans - You can make out Stealth. Also was very handy for my ICT project! (:))

Just because it doesn't get long queues doesn't mean the waiting times aren't long. Again it comes down to the stupid loading procedures on it. During Summer the queue was around 40 minutes which for a terrible ferris wheel is terrible.Needs to be removed and pronto. A decent ride with a good throughput, not a ferris wheel with some ok views.

Just because it doesn't get long queues doesn't mean the waiting times aren't long. Again it comes down to the stupid loading procedures on it. During Summer the queue was around 40 minutes which for a terrible ferris wheel is terrible.Needs to be removed and pronto. A decent ride with a good throughput, not a ferris wheel with some ok views.

I agree, A high capacity ride would be good in its place..!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Actually the ride has loading trouble where not all of the pods can be used, the ride needs to be balanced and therefore only 6 (I think?) out of 18 can be used usually.Not that the ride gets the queue's for it to need more, even if it would be nice for it to load as it should.