Kobra

Cobra is the worst name ever. It is so comon and unoriginal and unimaginative.

Each to their own opinion, but I think that it's a great name for Chessington. If THORPE PARK named a new ride Cobra in Amity Cove, then yes it would be terrible, but it's in a completely fitting area at Chessington.

Each to their own opinion, but I think that it's a great name for Chessington. If THORPE PARK named a new ride Cobra in Amity Cove, then yes it would be terrible, but it's in a completely fitting area at Chessington.

I agree with that, it fits in with the area easily, the only problem I can see is that Chessington have taken the name from Paultons, but Cobra at Paultons may not be around much longer.

I think it's a great name to be honest, and as others have said, suits ChessingtonIt will sound to kids like a big ride which they'll love and the majority are likely to know what a Cobra is. I can't think of another species of snake that kids are likely to know apart from Rattlesnake, and we all know why they can't call it Rattlesnake.If they chose Anaconda for example, then I think that sounds too "scary" to appeal to the whole family. And I'm afraid that's pretty much my total knowledge of snakes, off the top of my head anyway :) The whole area looks really exciting and Cobra fits in well with Wild Asia.

What would people prefer? A brand new coaster attraction to Chessington with a simple name that may have been used elsewhere (bear in mind how many 'Runaway Train' named attractions there are in parks around the world....or no coaster at all? Come on people - look on the good side! And I have it from a good source that the official name for the ride is Kobra with a K.

And so is Wild Asia.I know it's supposed to be World of Adventures, but there's no need to milk it, what with Mexicana and Mystic East already.

World of adventures is exactly the point of Chessington, a park with areas themed to different areas of the world. You're got Market Square as Old England, Mexicana as Mexico, Forbidden Kingdom as Egypt, Mystic East as China, Pirates Cove as Cornwall (:)) etc etc. I'm glad they are finally going back to the world of adventures ideas as the last two lands haven't worked as well as they might have done (Beanoland and Land of the Dragons)

What would people prefer? A brand new coaster attraction to Chessington with a simple name that may have been used elsewhere (bear in mind how many 'Runaway Train' named attractions there are in parks around the world....or no coaster at all? Come on people - look on the good side! And I have it from a good source that the official name for the ride is Kobra with a K.

It's not a coaster.

• 2 months later...
It sounds like this ride is going to be a step forward for Chessington. I am glad they are rebranding for 2010 because the theme park was getting very delapidated before Merlin took over and its image faded. Also, I heard that the Kobra will have indoor sections somehow. Wild Asia should be great when it opens this year!:)