Kobra

I've gotta love how chessie had a higher gate figure than towers on sunday, just shows how many APers are in the london area (quite naturally!).However I hate this sealife arguement, the majority of the parks in the UK which added complete bugger all got a bumper year in 08. Why? The staycation trend. Barely anyone who visited who spoke to me knew about the sealife before visiting either.

Wow, just looked at those pics that James6 linked from and I cannot believe how easily Kobra just fits into the park. It's like the old days where Chessington, whilst don't get the high costing rides, go all out on the interaction, atmosphere and theme. It looks incredible. :D

Kobra and Wild Asia are amazing. It is hard to believe the area was once Beanoland. Everything just fits in perfectly and it is perfect for what Chessington are trying to do - create a family park.Kobra itself is a very fun ride. Slightly more uncomfortable than I expected. Back rests could be a little better, but ah well. What's worse is when your groin goes into the seat - can be a bit painful at times. Apart from that, a great ride that is on a very long cycle.Congratulations Chessington on an amazing attraction!! :mellow:

Well.. Wild Asia. I know a lot has been said in the trip report topic, and in particular electricbill which has really stolen a lot of what I was going to say. Grr!What a fantastic area. I've heard a few people actually criticise the area and I cannot for the life of me understand why. It's almost like people are seeing the new ride at Universal Studios Florida and comparing Wild Asia to that.. Bad move guys. For me, Wild Asia is the 2010 version of why I fell in love with Chessington in the first place in the 90's. For a start, the entrance area is up there with the building you go through to enter Transylvania and the Hex towers. It really is that damn good with the ruined rocks and draped flags all around, it suits the area perfectly. Moving Bash Bus to the front to create Jungle Bus has instantly proved a success as on a quiet day (as yesterday was), it was as popular as Jumbos and Berries normally are. The shops and games stalls look excellent, Tuk Tuk Turmoil looks great and I particularly liked the music. I loved Monkey Swinger (although to be fair Billy's Whizzer was my favourite ride at Chessington anyway). The madhouse thing wasn't open. Lorikeets Lagoon was very popular which I am glad of as Chessington isn't just about the rides.. which some people seem to forget.Posted ImagePosted ImageAll of that and I haven't even got to Kobra. I personally think it was the perfect ride for Chessington to get after 6 long years of little to no ride investment. It attracts attention, its visually impressive and it rides very well to. Chris even preferred it to Th13teen.. thats says a lot about the type of ride it is. My only fear is that, like after Fury, the park decides to rest on its laurels and thinks Wild Asia is all thats needed till 2016. It isn't and whilst I love Wild Asia, I want it to be the start of something, not another stop gap.Posted Image

I went to Chessington yesterday and I love Wild asia. I love the themeing, the buildings, and the space of it all. What I perticulaly liked was the big stone cobras next to Kobra. They are suprisingly big, and bigger than they look in the pictures. Kobra, though wasn't perticulaly good. In the queue, they had put up massive fences so its hard to see anything facing Wild asia including Kobra itself. Also, it seemed to take a very long time to get people on and off the ride which makes the queue quite long. The ride itself was fun, with suprising airtime in the hump. The seats were quite uncomfortable, but that is something all DiskO's have. The real problem came at the end, when they couldent get us out of our seats. It had broken down on my first ride on it. Which was quite irritating considering the uncomfortable position that the seats and restraints place you in. We've all heard of rides braking down in their first days of operation, but I didn't think it would happen to a ride as small as Kobra...

Kobra and Wild Asia are certainly growing on me.When I first saw Wild Asia, it was certainly better than I thought but it is just getting higher and higher for me.Kobra is an amazing ride which is a good duration and has a very well themed queue line. I found the queue for Kobra to move quickly too. :mellow:

I went on this yesterday and would give it a solid 6/10.It is quite slow to load but looks magnificent in operation. The theming around the ride was nice but not overly extensive.The reason I like this ride is the airtime given, it is very good. However after the initial full length travels I became slightly bored and started to look around Wild Asia from the unique perspective.Even though I did not think it was that good I think it hits the spot perfectly for the majority of guests at the park. A fun and thrilling ride for all the family. Children on the ride seemed to be loving it from where I was standing!A very good addition.