Kobra

What's to say Kobra isn't Chessie's main attraction this year? And by the sounds of the other parks, Cheesie is raking in visitors compared to everyone else!

Chessie has got off to a good start, frankly this area deserves it. As long as it's able to maintain the popularity for the season, merlin may really see that when you build something worthwhile, the visitors will come.My only concern is 75 minute for a Disko? Chessington really need to start thinking high capacity.

My only concern is 75 minute for a Disko? Chessington really need to start thinking high capacity.

Yep, in basically every ride case, a couple of high capacity flats replacing some low capacity ones, and a high capacity coaster and water ride, add in a big safari ride, and Chessie will have a bright future...Let's just hope as you say, it retains the popularity and Merlin see that Chessie has great potential and deserves the investment year in year out... A packed out AP day must show the managers something from the off...

What was Thorpe's gate figure though? It's in comparison to the bluntly obvious difference in target market. The little kids and family who think it's huge and mega etc, love it and they queued for that long for it. It was well taken, very well presented and attains good queues and a good soaker, something which Beano lacked. Regardless of wether or not that it's a huge signature ride or something for kids to enjoy and say is actually something the park needed, is really good to see getting installed.

I have to agree with you on that Outfit.Chessington WoA has proven that it doesn't need new rides every year in order to bring in guests.Just by opening a SEA LIFE Centre increased gate figures.Now with a whole new land and a new ride - You can fully understand, theoretically, why Kobra has such a large queue as well as other attractions in the park today.This just goes to show how popular Chessington WoA is becoming again and it deserves every minute of its glory as it is a fantastic park.

I have to agree with you on that Outfit.Chessington WoA has proven that it doesn't need new rides every year in order to bring in guests.Just by opening a SEA LIFE Centre increased gate figures.

You forget, the year before that Chessington had a dog awful year if I remember rightly, also Sea Life is still a new attraction is it not?

Now with a whole new land and a new ride - You can fully understand, theoretically, why Kobra has such a large queue as well as other attractions in the park today.

Yes you can, because its the "main" attraction in Chessingtons first proper investment for what, 6 years?, but it seems clear its throughput is unable to cope with the demand.

This just goes to show how popular Chessington WoA is becoming again and it deserves every minute of its glory as it is a fantastic park.

Will be interesting to see if this is still the case when we have got through more than 1 open day of the year.

Now with a whole new land and a new ride - You can fully understand, theoretically, why Kobra has such a large queue as well as other attractions in the park today.

Yes but two points firstly.1) It has a low throughput. For the same reason Tiny truckers always has a 30 minute queue, Kobra cannot get through the people in the same way that rides like Buccaneer or Runaway can.2) It was a 13,000 gate figure day. I bet even Toadies and Griffins had a queue..I was optimistic in my earlier post, however judging a whole season on one successful day does not mean Kobra has saved the park or shown that it has pulling power either.

Judging by the capacities for Navigator and Edge, we should expect little from Kobra. Loading and unloading is extremely time consuming, although I have heard that Kobra doesn't have secondary restraints installed, so that should save a little time. The thing about Zamperla Diskos is that they look spectacular rides, and Kobras theming looks to make that look one of the best seen. So, with a capacity of perhaps 300-400 per hour, this will never be a queue cruncher.A 13,000 gate figure is quite something for an Annual Pass Preview. Did that beat Thorpe? I am now extremely concerned about my visit on Saturday :S

A 13,000 gate figure is quite something for an Annual Pass Preview. Did that beat Thorpe? I am now extremely concerned about my visit on Saturday :S

Was alot more than were at Thorpe! Although with thorpes being on mothers day (Last year mothers day was as dead as this) its not so easy to compare.Will be very interesting to see if its able to keep it up over the course of the season.

^Pah, if I were at home I probs would've gone to Thorpe with my mum for mother's day, bugger all excuse...

Same as... But clearly not everyone thinks the that way, visiting on mothers day for past 3/4 years Thorpe has been dead each time!

apart from the Rust on Nemesis ruining my jeans, hope it comes out in the wash..!?!

Put them in the wash without Soap is recommended to get it out. When I went on Friday they were providing Ponchos to ride with.

Yeah, I don't think Mothers Day would have been such a huge factor. Personally I think this may be a sign that Thorpe may have got it wrong, in terms of target audience, whereas Chessington have got it spot on. If they can collect an average of 13,000 over 32 weekends, they would get almost 730,000 ... then they have the summer weekdays and Halloween to further boost the figures. Well done Chessington.

Yeah, I don't think Mothers Day would have been such a huge factor.

Oh I'm not saying it is for sure, I'm just going on past few years experience thats all!The area looks quite nice in the pics around, I think ill wait for things to die down before visiting though.

Maybe my point was slightly mis construed.. I was pointing out that Chessington can simply install small things such as a pisspoor aquarium, or move a few rides about and add a small capacity flat ride and still have a stupidly big increase (2010 AP day being just over double the gate figure of both TP and CWoA's in 2009 and TP's 2010 by quite a long way I hear) on gate figures.And neither did they retheme a boat and call it their new ride!You idiots are all getting trolled so hard! Can you not see this? Do you think I SERIOUSLY think this?

I wasn't there yesterday, but from what Ive heard, it was a pretty big turnout, which I thought was weird considering chessington didnt put much advertising into their new area.

Maybe the marketing are rusty at ad campaigns considering the last one was 6 years ago :)

I wasn't there yesterday, but from what Ive heard, it was a pretty big turnout, which I thought was weird considering chessington didnt put much advertising into their new area.

I didn't see any adverts really for Chessington WoA at all really. Whereas, I have seen loads for Thorpe Park.Maybe it could be a sign that word of mouth from people is sometimes the best advertising! :)I am glad Chessington WoA are doing so well so far and hope the standard of the park increases and increases! :)

I didn't see any adverts really for Chessington WoA at all really. Whereas, I have seen loads for Thorpe Park.

Just a hunch, maybe this is due to Thorpe Park actually being open, and Chessington still being closed? =\

Maybe it could be a sign that word of mouth from people is sometimes the best advertising! :)

It all ways has and all ways will be imo.

^ But you saw adverts for Th13teen before it was open, so that really isn't an excuse Marc.

True, but they were 3 second blipverts to get people talking about what Th13teen could be. The main advert wasn't shown until Th13teen has opened.Kobra is on a slightly lower scale and if anything it will be the area thats advertised, not Kobra.