Topsyturvy15

Hyde Park Winter Wonderland

58 minutes ago, UserLikeNoOther said:

I'm sorry if this is the wrong thread, but I'm just wondering what the prices are for the rides this year as I am going for the first time - thanks

£4-£9 per ride, most thrill in the 6 to 9 range. Olympia being the most expensive.

1 hour ago, UserLikeNoOther said:

I'm sorry if this is the wrong thread, but I'm just wondering what the prices are for the rides this year as I am going for the first time - thanks

Olympia Looping, Blizzard, Sling shot, Dr Archibald- £9 pp

Hangover, XXL, air, Wild Maus XXL- £8pp

Other cossters are normally £6 pp and smaller flat rides are £4 or £5 pp.

Personal Reviews:

Did Hangover for the first time this year. Have to say the view was absolutely stunning (even if it was a bit foggy).

That said this is only my 2nd drop tower and having ridden Detonator so many times the drop did feel really underwhelming. The speed and length certainly do feel much faster and longer when you're on Hangover than on Detonator so that was certainly a positive.

The ride operator though was quite engaging to watch and probably was why I stood outside the entrance watching it for a few cycles before going on. It's only sad you can only just about hear him when you're at the top of the tower.

TL;DR: Acceleration was slower than Detty but ride lasts much longer and is faster and has stunning views. 10/10 would recommend going on if it was a few £ cheaper.

An assortment of other rides I did + reviews:

Next I did Air. Love somersaulting on this and is deffo much better than "Flying Circus" (Mondial Top Scan). Just wish longer cycles were given for the price and that it was faster. 

XXL - the only ride I did that actually made me feel scared. (Vortex at Thorpe, another KMG marvel is also the only ride at the resort that makes me feel scared). When you're offride if you look at the right places you can see the entire structure being pushed towards the ground when the gondola is at the bottom of the swing at full speed. KMG certainly do know how to make rides that get your heart pumping even though the restraints keep you firmly in place.

The Waltzers - at HPWW George Irvin pull out all the stops to really make sure you're spinning as fast as you can possibly go. At £5 pp and therefore being one of the cheaper rides there I'd personally choose over many of the other rides at the event (there are 2 Waltzers at the event, make sure you choose the one closest to the Hyde Park Corner entrance).

This was shut for a period of today with the area perimeter being evacuated and visitors barred from entry by security with staff unable to offer an explanation except "We recommend you come back much much later."

When the event did eventually reopen the Bavarian Village section was fenced off with security refusing to allow visitors to enter that particular section of the event. 

AtmosFear: Running short cycles - didn't particularly enjoy most of it mainly due to how badly it was running.

XXL operator was different to my previous ride and was much shorter and not as thrilling this time. 

You'll also be pleased to know security now take a MUCH more thorough check meaning security lines that used to be quite a short wait now have much longer waiting times.