Tighk001

Eclipse

When I first went on this ride in 2004 It was a bit boring but you could see South London and West London

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah but does every ride at thorpe have to be a stealth or big rollercoaster. Eclipse I thought was cool and fun. Dont....dis...eclipse! Wow I heard that too actually I have been on it and so has about 1 million others on this forum yknow we do go to chessington.

Yeah but does every ride at thorpe have to be a stealth or big rollercoaster. Eclipse I thought was cool and fun. Dont....dis...eclipse! Wow I heard that too actually I have been on it and so has about 1 million others on this forum yknow we do go to chessington.

I liked Eclipse. It had such a great name and was a pretty big step away from Inferno and Quantum. I do think its a shame it only lasted two seasons but then again it wasn't the right place for it really.

God...I really want to delete every post I made from August last year backwards :P. I liked the views of Colossus you got. Shame I could only get on it at thorpe once, and I don't remember it too well.

I just remember it having music, announcements and looked generally better than how its run at chessie.

Yeah. It's always down at Chessington, not rezally sure what could go wrong with a big wheel but anyway

You're probably thinking that its down cos its not moving, whereas it only moves if people want to ride it. Which is very rare because it is a piece of poo. It's only ever down during the rain, otherwise it works better than your own legs.

I went on eclipse once and it was very boring IMO, It got knocked down to build rush and that was a bloody good discission! :( I mean come one. Rush or Eclipse? lol

Eclipse (but then I never have liked Rush). Hey, does anyone remember the bits of tin foil attached to the joints on Eclipse. They were a great method to stop guests tabbing sthemselves when getting on and off. :(

I went on eclipse once and it was very boring IMO, It got knocked down to build rush and that was a bloody good discission! :(

Knocked down indeed. It was dismantled and shipped to Chessington. I only went on Eclipse once at Thorpe Park, towards the end of the 2004 season, and I remember it got very windy up the top!

Well sorry to dig up an old topic but I thought I'd make a post.I've been on 'Eclipse/Peeking Heights' at Chessington, never went on it at Thorpe. It's not the kind of ride I'd choose to go on at Thorpe Park. But still, my mum, brother and sister went on it when it was at Thorpe and all 3 of them cried. They said it went so high and the pods kept shaking. I can barely remember what it was like at Chessie but still...Rush was definitely a better replacement for Thorpe.

I went on Eclipse once in the summer. I couldn't agree more that it is far better suited to Chessington, and Rush couldn't have been a better replacement. It was an OK ride, just in the wrong park.