Heide Park

MikeC

Will be interesting to see how this goes.

There's been enough experience with the Wingrider now from B&M and Merlin to know what works for Wingriders. Something of a similar scale to Raptor would be great, and the Transylvania theme would go down a treat and has plenty of potential with the wingrider concept.

I look forward to the development of this!

...Shambhalamadingdong...

I know it's unlikely to happen, but to my mind there seem to be two clear types of wing rider; big and sweeping (W.E., Gatekeeper, Rainforest) or compact and twisty (Swarm, Xflight, Raptor), which I can only imagine offer distinctly different feelings The point is I am highly unlikely to travel across Europe specifically to ride something which in experience is largely a variation of what we have here, where as a big sweeping monster of a wing rider that I don't have to go to the US for I'd find pretty irresistible. I'm sure we'll get one eventually.

I love the translation, something about it makes me smile...

More wing riders, yay. But I wish someone would do a Wild Eagle or Gatekeeper scale one somewhere in Europe.

So the "big and sweeping" as you describe it, they are wing coasters on a larger scale? Cripes. :blink: The Swarm is massive enough, but then again this is England and other coasters around the world are much bigger in size, as we know. I've seen the Wild Eagle in a magazine, then I went online to have a look at it more and it does look amazing and huge. The trains are themed brilliantly!

I know what you mean about travelling across Europe just to try one out. I'm the same. America and other parts of the world have been calling for years now, hasn't happened yet but one day it shall.

• 2 months later...

sOtXZPv.jpg

Posted by TST member 'Altitude'.

This is a rumoured layout for the B&M wingrider next year. Not the longest or most interesting layout, but it is situated on a hill which could place some restrictions / make it more awkward to design. Note now pretty much after the wingover it's a mirror image of Swarm..

Looks like the theming will make or break this ride, but based on Merlin's recent rides the past few years, I'd say this ride will be a glowing success and look absolutely spectacular.

Omg I'm dying. I posted a mock up layout I made in 20 minutes on Towersstreet and they think it's real...

[image in Josh's post]

I should probably say something?

From a member off CF, gonna put this to bed before it continues...

Pisses me off that people find it funny to post fake imagery on sites...

• 5 weeks later...

The rumours can now come to an end regarding the manufacture because...

16.jpg

It is to be a B&M (as suspected) with quite nice looking dark green supports!

But will the track be dark to go with these dark supports?

23.jpg

Nope, a very nice white!

24.jpg

Can't work out what type of B&M it will be but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a Wingrider.

It is nice to see Merlin branching away from the dark track colours of there coasters, but why at the park that already has 2 coasters with white track and green supports? Oh well, I'm interested to see how this turns out.

All photos from here- http://www.heide-park-world.de/baublog/blog/saison-2014/2569-erste-stuetzen-der-neuen-attraktion-2014-ziehen-in-das-heide-park-resort-ein - in case the watermark didn't give it a way.

It will be a wingrider. You can see the metal spokes that stick up from in between the friction wheels which only wingriders have as they're used to hold the electrical contacts that contact with the train to control restraints. But just as a point, the same colour scheme again? Really? At least it's better than Merlin's latest colour schemes.

• 1 month later...

On RCDB there has been no official announcement made by merlin or Heide Park currently. We don't know the layout which would be shown it the press release along with code name or name and its statistics, so far we have nothing. RCDB have gone on pure luck and it looks like its payed of but we have nothing else.

On RCDB there has been no official announcement made by merlin or Heide Park currently.

As far as I'm aware RCDB only deals in 'official' announcements, and it's rare that the official announcement is the first time people become aware of the new ride. We knew Thorpe would be getting a wingrider before 'The Swarm' announcement was made, for example. In this case the environmental impact study published last August suggested it was a wingrider, and track at the B&M plant known to be wingrider had been arriving at Heide Park from the start of June. (from Heide-Park-Forum and Screamscape)