The Smiler

th13teen

I saw lots of dirt today at the park...Hence, I've determined that it will be a 4000ft long sideways coaster (hence the world first), and will interact with no more than 2 major pathways and be themed to Cloud Cuckoo Land and Sir Algeon...You heard it here first!

He's also been spotted on the monorail, omg really wow?!

Ok - without reacting to your sarcasm - he was genuinely seen behind Air, with some engineers during the latter stages of the 2010 season.And Neilfever - I partly agree that Wardley's name is almost something of a brand, but given his contribution to Alton Towers over the years (mainly 1992-2002), he is something of a legend to AT fans as I am sure you will agree.;)

Unlike a lot of parks, Alton Towers are actually GOOD at keeping ride details secret. I didn't even know the 'secret' to TH13TEEN until that GMTV thing. (with that woman who DID NOT deserve to ride it so early on!)I will inevitably get swept away with all the hype, as I always do, and be jumping around every time the park release a clue to what's coming next...

Unlike a lot of parks, Alton Towers are actually GOOD at keeping ride details secret. I didn't even know the 'secret' to TH13TEEN until that GMTV thing. (with that woman who DID NOT deserve to ride it so early on!)I will inevitably get swept away with all the hype, as I always do, and be jumping around every time the park release a clue to what's coming next...

To be honest... why not get swept away. It's exciting times when developments are going on. It's part of what keeps us fans ticking over ;)

To be honest... why not get swept away. It's exciting times when developments are going on. It's part of what keeps us fans ticking over ;)

Yeah, but who moaned loudest when Thirteen wasn't the best thing since sliced bread?I don't pay attention to hype anymore... It's never really greatly structured and would rather the coaster speak for itself... Look at Raptor, it doesn't need that random winter sports dude to help promote it because the ride looks sexy as...

Oh I agree. And I did moan. But I enjoyed it while it lasted, watching it go up!That said, I am remaining grounded with this one. Of course, if they say it'll be a B&M then that will automatically equate to some level of quality.But what's being an enthusiast if you can't even get excited over £15-£20million developments. ;)

Yeah, but who moaned loudest when Thirteen wasn't the best thing since sliced bread?

To be fair, if Alton had marketed it as what it was meant to be, then there'd probably be less moaning about it.

But what's being an enthusiast if you can't even get excited over £15-£20million developments. ;)

This. If enthusiasts, the group of people who care about the parks the most, can't even get excited / anticipate / speculate new additions, then what is the point?

• 4 weeks later...

I think sw7 should be a robotic arm rollercoaster ( before you say Harry potter and the forbidden journey is a dark ride not a rollercoaster) as it would be a world firstSw8 should be similar to lc12 at Thorpe park only it splits making it the worlds first splitting coaster

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry, but I can't see the masses on TowersTimes "going on about a 4D like it's a god given fact". It's a rumour, yes - but one of many. However, Alton Towers will want to "beat" Thorpe Park, yes. Whether they do or not, is another matter. All we can be sure of is that Alton's ride will be an innovative, probable world-first ride.Not being able to build tall has never prevented them building great rides before, either.

^To be fair, he is probably talking about next years attraction, basing that on what was being said before opening this year with the failed Shrek area and cinema...Though if anyone's saying that it'll be better than LC12... Well, I must be blind...

• 3 weeks later...

Having read some discussion of the height balloons and god Wardley both being seen in the flume area, and the decrepit state of said flume, could it be a possibility the flume is going, to make way for SW7?If so I think a water coaster could be a possibility, to directly replace the old and at the same time make something new. I hope not though, I'm not a fan.