Do you fancy Cheryl Cole/Justin Beiber?

MiniShinny

Do you fancy Cheryl Cole/Justin Beiber?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Do you fancy Cheryl Cole/Justin Beiber?

• Yes
    • No

That's my point Dan. You don't have to know a celebrity personally or be friends with them to fancy them. I fancy Cheryl Cole and that's from the person you see in pictures and the person you see on the X Factor. When I mean fancy, I mean a simple crush. I wouldn't go out with her whether or not all the factors were right or not.

I agree with Will and I don't get how people don't...surely people here must have had a crush/fancy/think someone famous is hot etc. Especially as a lot of you here are in your teens...we've all had celebrity crushes!I wouldn't go out with someone if I didn't know them...so you can't judge a celeb or their personality if you haven't met them...but you can be physically attracted to them. It's no different from seeing someone in real life and fancying them, before you even know them.The only difference is that celebs are on a screen etc. And no, I don't fancy any of them. Not Cheryl seeing as I'm straight, and Bieber...well...he looks like a girl tbh :PEDIT: What Dan said - if fancying someone is just being attracted to them and not actually wanting to go out with them. That's what this thread is meaning, not would you go out with them.

:P But people don't choose to fancy someone...it happens.I used to have a massive crush on David Tennant :P I didn't think "Oh no, I can't have a crush on him cos I don't know him!" I think people are misunderstanding the thread. Or have never had a celeb crush or something. Although it can happen with non celebs too. When I was in Year 11 I had a big crush on a boy in my year but wasn't in any of my lessons, I didn't know him, but I still fancied him. Surely people here must relate? So it's nothing to do with them being celebs...it's just because someone finds them attractive.

:P But people don't choose to fancy someone...it happens.I used to have a massive crush on David Tennant :P I didn't think "Oh no, I can't have a crush on him cos I don't know him!" I think people are misunderstanding the thread. Or have never had a celeb crush or something. Although it can happen with non celebs too. When I was in Year 11 I had a big crush on a boy in my year but wasn't in any of my lessons, I didn't know him, but I still fancied him. Surely people here must relate? So it's nothing to do with them being celebs...it's just because someone finds them attractive.

No madame, there is no misunderstanding. But if you've never spoken to a person, what are you attracted to? Their looks? Their body language? Attitude? Not their complete personality. Josh and I clearly feel we cannot fancy someone based on their looks etc alone. It is not that we don't understand the question, more that we have different opinions of what we consider a crush/fancying someone.

My thoughts EXACTLY! (Well we finally agree on something, this is progress :P)

Blimey, I didn't think the day would come either! :P

Josh and I clearly feel we cannot fancy someone based on their looks etc alone.

Exactly! To actually 'fancy' or like someome, you need to know them personally. Basing it on looks and that is just lust!

Lust is to-do with sexual desire and craving; I do not have any sexual cravings or desires for Cheryl Cole.You can fancy someone's personality when you know them personally and are friends with them, but...you can fancy something by seeing them in a magazine.Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Hepburn, Claudia Schiffer, Cindy Crawford are examples of famous women that were fancied by men and women that saw them in magazines, on catwalks and via television. Are nations of men and women guilty of lusting what they see in the media?Fancy doesn't mean lust, it could be a simple crush

Lust is to-do with sexual desire and craving; I do not have any sexual cravings or desires for Cheryl Cole.You can fancy someone's personality when you know them personally and are friends with them, but...you can fancy something by seeing them in a magazine.Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Hepburn, Claudia Schiffer, Cindy Crawford are examples of famous women that were fancied by men and women that saw them in magazines, on catwalks and via television. Are nations of men and women guilty of lusting what they see in the media?Fancy doesn't mean lust, it could be a simple crush

Yet again, I disagree.Firstly, when I say lust, I don't mean it in the slightly more conventional way, as an to do with sex. I mean it more to crave; want and have. That doesn't mean just for the pure sexual purposes. So basically, our definitions of lust differ.Also, whatever way you want to put it, fancy, like, crush and so on, in my eyes, it still involves having to know them. For example, I have no idea what the personality is of, to use a completely different celebrity, Nicki Minaj (or whatever she's called). However, if I see a picture of her and thinks she's fit or whatever, then I'd say I'm lusting over her, not fancying her. Same would apply for Cheryl Cole. Her on screen personality could very easily be different to her true one. And all those people you mention, ordinary people aren't guilty of lusting over them in the sense you describe it as...Basically, people have different opinions on what is classed as fancying someone. Oh..my..gosh...

I asked a friend of mine, who has a PHD in English Literature and Language and he said lusting is to do with sex. Either way I don't want to have sex or want her personally. You don't need to be best friends or friends with them to fancy someone. You don't need even need to know them at all to have a crush on them.I fancied / had a crush on Emma Bunton (Baby spice) when I was 8, so I'm lusting over a girl? Fancy is like a little crush, lusting is something different.

Beiber is a little perve who sings squeals about babies. It is so obviousl that he's desperate for sex, he perved on Cheryl when he was on the X-Factor for goodness sake! Don't see how Cheryl's very attractive imo, She's far too skiny and her voice is very annoying, she seems like a very nice person but I don't fancy her. Zoe Saldana on the other hand :P.

I asked a friend of mine, who has a PHD in English Literature and Language and he said lusting is to do with sex.

Well, I'm slightly going against what everyone is saying here, but hey-ho..Lust can't be defined in concrete. Just like anger, rage, happiness, etc. For example, dictionary.com defines lust as "intense sexual desire or appetite." But what is intense sexual desire? Can there be a definition to that that is universal? No. Therefore, I would define this 'intense sexual desire' as to want to be with some because of looks (or beyond - like wanting to have sex with them). So, whilst lusting may be defined to do with sexual desires, what people class as a sexual desire can differ completely...