Storm Surge

Marc

• 1 month later...

What is up with the effects in storm surge? when we were queuing they were all on and working and there was a little water bomb? then when I was our go they were off again!I keep looking at it and it was always on and off through the hole day? is it meant to be like this?

What is up with the effects in storm surge? when we were queuing they were all on and working and there was a little water bomb? then when I was our go they were off again!I keep looking at it and it was always on and off through the hole day? is it meant to be like this?

The effects can be turned on or off by the operator. I know that when it started raining once they turned them off, probably because people didn't want to get any wetter than they already were. Another reason may be because the boats fill up with water easily from the water cannons and the water curtain, by having them off means that they don't have to tip the boats as often as usual.

• 2 weeks later...

I went on storm surge yesterday and the water was still in boats . And I was first to go on ride too at opening time an water was brown in colour so been there from previous day . I was shocked they could at least have cleaned the boats out for the guests it only takes a few minutes ^_^

I went on today, and it was really slow. Then before the final drop, our boat stopped completely, and empty boats nudged us forward. Then when we got to the end, they couldn't get us up the conveyor belt and into the station, so we got given priority passes. Win.

Call me a skeptic, but was it like seriously quiet when you went or something? Surely there's no way staff could tell you'd stall there and then send empty BOATS round to nudge you. On any other day of the year, I'm pretty sure those boats would've had people in.So yeah, to be honest, I don't believe you on the whole stalling thing...

I'm not going to argue, because it's true. I wouldn't have bothered posting about it if it was a lie. They opened the park slightly earlier to annual pass holders ( I think), which meant we was one of the first 2 boats of the day. The ride was a walk on, and only started getting busy just before it temporarily ceased operation, which would explain the empty boats :)

It's fine, don't believe me, I posted it because I thought it might be a bit entertaining for people to hear about what happened. Obviously not.. I was thinking before I posted, how long would it be before someone accused me of lying, but I really don't care. Warn me for arguing or w/e. It's fine by me.