Storm Surge

Marc

I'm not trying to cause an argument (granted, my last comment might have been a bit below the belt). However, I find the whole concept of the ride stalling, AP guests being let in early, and multiple empty boats on Storm Surge a bit too ludicrous and far-fetched for me to believe. I'm sorry if that's harsh or anything, but from where I'm sitting, it's a fair view to have.And I'll leave it there.

However, I find the whole concept of the ride stalling, AP guests being let in early, and multiple empty boats on Storm Surge a bit too ludicrous and far-fetched for me to believe.

There's plenty of times when they open the AP gate like 5 mins earlier then the main ticket gate..Why would she lie? It would be pointless, I mean, it's not like she said Colossus got stuck upside down, it's completely believable.

I guess I owe some form apologise saying of my incorrectness.I still find the whole idea of it stalling VERY unlikely, and indeed very unbelievable. Likewise with the idea of having multiple empty boats of a new ride on full view (I'm still a bit confused as to how one boat pushing into another solves the issue, surely that one would then stall / the weight would be insufficient to push it, but meh, Physics is weird). In all of my visits I can remember since the taking-away-of ERT for AP holders, I have never and I do mean never, seen AP holders let in before ordinary guests. So yeah, I don't think it was wrong of me to not believe Lauren. But I was wrong in my belief, and I apologise if any offence has been caused by that. :)

Does anyone else think that Storm Surge is in the wrong place? It blocks the view of the No Way Out entrance and doesn't look very attractive in it's position. It feels as though they've squeezed a large ride into the small amount of space they had. It reminds me of playing Rollercoaster Tycoon and you run out of space in your park so you squeeze a ride into what little space you have but it doesn't quite work.

Edited by Sheepie
Merged with existing Storm Surge topic. Please browse the forums for similar threads before posting. :)

Does anyone else think that Storm Surge is in the wrong place? It blocks the view of the No Way Out entrance and doesn't look very attractive in it's position.

Damn right it's in the wrong place.That place being Thorpe, it should still be sitting in the sun halfway round the world.Its placing in the park kind of makes sense from all angles, except for the blocking of X entrance. Maybe they are planning for that entrance not to be there in the long term, with an X replacement?

First ride on storm surge and was pleasantly surprised at the spinning speed you get.We were involved in a boat stall; A raft some how had become stuck mid way round the last corner before the drops, we came round the corner and gave them a considerable shove down the drops with us very quick to follow. It wasn't as if we got severe whiplash from it but we did give them quite a big shove. Didn't warrant us complaining though, we saw the funny side in it.

First ride on storm surge and was pleasantly surprised at the spinning speed you get.We were involved in a little mid slide collision though; don't know if this has happened to anyone? A raft some how had become stuck mid way round the last corner before the drops, we came round the corner and gave them a considerable shove down the drops with us very quick to follow. It wasn't as if we got severe whiplash from it but we did give them quite a big shove. Has this happened to anyone else?

Did you not read the posts above yours haha?

We were involved in a boat stall; A raft some how had become stuck mid way round the last corner before the drops, we came round the corner and gave them a considerable shove down the drops with us very quick to follow. It wasn't as if we got severe whiplash from it but we did give them quite a big shove. Didn't warrant us complaining though, we saw the funny side in it.

Thorpe park is happy to open the ride called bumper boats

First ride on storm surge and was pleasantly surprised at the spinning speed you get.We were involved in a boat stall; A raft some how had become stuck mid way round the last corner before the drops, we came round the corner and gave them a considerable shove down the drops with us very quick to follow. It wasn't as if we got severe whiplash from it but we did give them quite a big shove. Didn't warrant us complaining though, we saw the funny side in it.

That happened to us we were stuck there for a good 3 mins and I was telling everyone to just wait until the next boat came otherwise getting up would be more dangerous etc. It was rather funny :P

That happened to us we were stuck there for a good 3 mins and I was telling everyone to just wait until the next boat came otherwise getting up would be more dangerous etc. It was rather funny :P

If this is happening all the time there is clearly not enough water flowing down the slide to keep the boats moving. Possibly because it's pissing out all over the floor from every badly sealed join. It's not falling into a reservoir either, their water bill will be huge this year!

If this is happening all the time there is clearly not enough water flowing down the slide to keep the boats moving. Possibly because it's pissing out all over the floor from every badly sealed join. It's not falling into a reservoir either, their water bill will be huge this year!

Surely they could just install some pumps (like the ones at the top of waterslides) so that enough water would flow to keep the boats moving.