What's Inside The X:\\ No Way Out Pyramid?

Geo

Question

Okay, I realised I typed slightly too quickly and mods tried to fix it and it sounded strange. Heres the question agian edited.If you've been on X:\ you'll know that if you look closely into the centre of the enclosure while riding, you can see what looks like rollercoaster cars covered in web? Strange? Can anyone shed some light?Cheers

Edited by Rollercoaster
Spelling and Grammar.

Just a quick note to all members:If you have a problem with a post, please use the report button and do not try to moderate the forums yourself. If you'd really like to help then the report button is honestly the best way to do it.Also, insults to other members will not be tolerated and such posts will be deleted. Repeating such behaviour will provide you with a lovely warn for you.If you do not have anything constructive to say regarding someone's question then please refrain from posting any sarcastic comments, these do not help anybody and you end up looking like a bit of a wally. ;)On that note, I hope someone can answer Rollercoaster's question, unfortunately, I'm unable to.

The building was used as a dump for everything that wasn't needed - it's been reported that there were bits of one of the trains' chassis lying all over the shop, old fastrack machines, old electronic pieces such as audio racks and the like lying there.Since then, the building has been tidied up (for obvious reasons) and it's simply a concrete floor with a maintenance shed in. The part of the 2007 queue line video included Professor X standing in front of the Programming Logic Controllers (large white metal boxes) in the maintenance shed in the ride area.

I don't even know if the question means cards or cars... Seeing CARS would make more sense as the transfer track is down the bottom of the pyramid... But if it's cards, maybe someone dropped a few Merlin Top Trumps down there...

Sorry, I typed too quickly and sounded strange. Thank you for the reply.

Just a quick note to all members:If you have a problem with a post, please use the report button and do not try to moderate the forums yourself. If you'd really like to help then the report button is honestly the best way to do it.Also, insults to other members will not be tolerated and such posts will be deleted. Repeating such behaviour will provide you with a lovely warn for you.If you do not have anything constructive to say regarding someone's question then please refrain from posting any sarcastic comments, these do not help anybody and you end up looking like a bit of a wally. :DOn that note, I hope someone can answer Rollercoaster's question, unfortunately, I'm unable to.

Sorry again :blush: It just annoys me.

The building was used as a dump for everything that wasn't needed - it's been reported that there were bits of one of the trains' chassis lying all over the shop, old fastrack machines, old electronic pieces such as audio racks and the like lying there.Since then, the building has been tidied up (for obvious reasons) and it's simply a concrete floor with a maintenance shed in. The part of the 2007 queue line video included Professor X standing in front of the Programming Logic Controllers (large white metal boxes) in the maintenance shed in the ride area.

Thank You!

Interesting question. I'd like to see a layout of the track, there's a good recreation on youtube, but I couldn't find a layout.On the subject of X, why does it keep stopping? I'm sure it stopped about four times round the track yesterday, is that normal? I haven't been on it since I was about 14 so I can't remember!

Interesting question. I'd like to see a layout of the track, there's a good recreation on youtube, but I couldn't find a layout.On the subject of X, why does it keep stopping? I'm sure it stopped about four times round the track yesterday, is that normal? I haven't been on it since I was about 14 so I can't remember!

Yes it's supposed to stop, I think its to fit in the the ride as if it's malfunctioning.Edit, Also there is the saftey aspect as said by Daniel. But I suppose they designed the theme around saftey designs.

Interesting question. I'd like to see a layout of the track, there's a good recreation on youtube, but I couldn't find a layout.

I had a plan of it that I used for the nolimits recreation on youtube, I'm looking for it now, although I'm pretty sure I found it on this forum..I'll post if I find it

What are fastrack machines?

Back in the day (up till the 2003 season I believe) Machines were used to issue free fasttrack tickets on main attractions such as Colossus, Tidal Wave, Nemesis Inferno. The same system was used at Chessington for Vampire, Bubbleworks, Tomb Blaster. Not entirely sure how they worked but the idea was to help skip a few queues much like Disney's fastpass system. Needless to say the system was 'abused' and didn't run very well and so was taken away and replaced with fasttrack you have to buy to increase profits etc. Hope this helps!Posted ImageFasttrack machines at tidal wave covered up, and a fasttrack 'when to return' sign.

Back in the day (up till the 2003 season I believe) Machines were used to issue free fasttrack tickets on main attractions such as Colossus, Tidal Wave, Nemesis Inferno. The same system was used at Chessington for Vampire, Bubbleworks, Tomb Blaster. Not entirely sure how they worked but the idea was to help skip a few queues much like Disney's fastpass system. Needless to say the system was 'abused' and didn't run very well and so was taken away and replaced with fasttrack you have to buy to increase profits etc. Hope this helps!Posted ImageFasttrack machines at tidal wave covered up, and a fasttrack 'when to return' sign.

I love the look if thrope in it's older days looked better

Thanks for the layout pic, it's nice to see where you're going (Or not, in the case of X) When I went on on monday (it was only the second time I'd ever been on, the first time was 1999 or something) I loved the way the lap bar didn't stay down and the bloke checking it gave it a wiggle, said 'meh, it'll do', I understand why now, with the track being so simple! My mate wasn't so happy about it though ;)

Thanks for the layout pic, it's nice to see where you're going (Or not, in the case of X) When I went on on monday (it was only the second time I'd ever been on, the first time was 1999 or something) I loved the way the lap bar didn't stay down and the bloke checking it gave it a wiggle, said 'meh, it'll do', I understand why now, with the track being so simple! My mate wasn't so happy about it though ;)

lol That happend to me, I think the cars are getting old now and it could do with a refurb. Although I don't want it gone!

Fair enough, if he loves the ride. Not that it would ever happen but I would like there to be like a dual track, you know the kind you see in America, but in the dark!!If you haven't got a clue about what I'm going on about here's a extract from wikipedia:A racing roller coaster, sometimes referred to as a dual track coaster, consists of one whole track or two separate coasters that travels along parallel or mirrored tracks to simulate a race between the trains. The coaster trains travel along tracks just a few feet apart of one another. They often get close enough for riders to reach out and slap hands with riders on the opposite train, though this is extremely dangerous and can result in ejection from the park.Back on subject, you say the transfer track is at the bottom. Does that mean the workshop is at the bottom enclosed or do they use the floor space as a workshop?Here's my questions,Where about's is the transfer track, from what I remember it is just as you come into the exit area?"Riders are lead through the now disused lift simulators before coming out into the green-lit station". Are there any picture's?I found some intresting pictures from vairous places.Posted ImagePosted Image