Cedar Point

^Lets not forget the target audience here. The Family.

Iron Dragon, Blue Streak, Gemini, Cedar Creek Mine Ride, Corkscrew, Mean Streak etc. They all meet the quota for what they do, the park can't only have high octane thrill machines. Just look at Thorpe, only 2 coasters really stand out of the rest. That's an even poorer ratio. ;)

^Lets not forget the target audience here. The Family.

Iron Dragon, Blue Streak, Gemini, Cedar Creek Mine Ride, Corkscrew, Mean Streak etc. They all meet the quota for what they do, the park can't only have high octane thrill machines. Just look at Thorpe, only 2 coasters really stand out of the rest. That's an even poorer ratio. ;)

You're saying that based on what exactly? Besides knowing Benin like I know Benin as a ride enthusiast who appreciates big thrill rides to all rounder family attractions, he wouldn't think of their family coasters as unworthy of mentioning if he thought they were of decent quality.

Raptor is quite simply the worst B&M Invert I've ridden (yep, worse than Silver Bullet, which I find under-rated)... And the less said about Mantis (and for that matter, Mean Streak) the better...

Millenium Force(less) is outstandingly over-rated as well... I just didn't get what it was doing, and it has more long pointless straights than Shockwave at Drayton Manor...

Magnum is alright, but on the same trip I had done Phantom's Revenge shortly beforehand, which is tons better...

the family coasters are also pretty poor, with only Blue Streak being better than decent... Disaster Transport was also a good ride actually, but since it's gone now it doesn't matter... Iron Dragon, Gemini and Cedar Creek are all pretty poor coasters too...

TTD, Maverick and Wicked Twister are the 3 best coasters there... That's my view on the park, which is exceptionally overrated...

Magic Mountain is a similar situation, though I haven't been since they've changed X, added a new wooden coaster and removed a few others... Very over-rated rides, quantity does not equate to quality...

It shares a LOT of similarities with Thorpe does Cedar Point, but 3 quality rides out of 15 (discount Gatekeeper, although it will probably be very good) is a poor ratio for any park... It's a thing you see in a lot of American parks where there's very little quality outside of the major rides... Especially when you look at the European parks and see a complete difference in style and effort...

My post mentions that I throughly enjoyed TTD, Maverick and Wicked Twister...

That was it... Aside from maybe Magnum, I wasn't too fussed about anything else at that park... Everything just really didn't do anything for me personally, by themselves in the case of Millenium Force, in comparison to other coasters of the same/similar type and for just being plain damn crap (Mantis and Mean Streak)...

You'll find my top 10 in my signature, it's rather varied if you ignore the 3 B&M Inverts actually... Maverick misses out for being killer on the neck mind... Which is a similar situation on all Intamin rides for me, otherwise it would probably be in there, as it is a fantastic ride...

Just for me, a ride has to be good... Unfortunately, in many cases at Cedar Point, they weren't...

The keyhole has arrived at the Point so heres the story of how it got there;

265090_10151214907666463_1246565391_n.jp

How dare these cars overtake me, if I was in control I would swerve into them!

29562_10151214907661463_1005212188_n.jpg

Thats better, at least the Police are on my side.

735050_10151214907881463_684220448_n.jpg

I told you it was this turning, really should listen to me driver, I'm a huge metal tower.

406047_10151214907766463_305872567_n.jpg

About time

265055_10151214907781463_788454196_n.jpg

Someone get me off this lorry quick, I can't stand the drivers life story anymore.

So there you have it, how the keyhole made it to the Point :P (all photos from CP's FB page).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...