Cedar Point

Well it is more indulgent than other winged coasters! However I do agree it isn't as interactive as it could of been with its sister park, Gardaland having Raptor which does nothing but interact with the surrounding area with the additional props and elements. When you compare the indulgence to X-Flight which has some (may that be pretty) fountains, a tower and a fake wall you it does make The Swarm look more appealing thematic wise.

If The Swarm's effects worked, it could be a pretty top class coaster, but alas it fails to deliver. If it also had more near misses it would be more exciting, slightly contradicting myself here but Swarm does lack a lot of near misses!

Anyway Cedar Point!

Well it is more indulgent than other winged coasters! However I do agree it isn't as interactive as it could of been with its sister park, Gardaland having Raptor which does nothing but interact with the surrounding area with the additional props and elements.

Anyway Cedar Point!

I don't wish to say you are wrong, but you are wrong. Raptor doesn't just interact with scenery, it also has the water jets and the misters like The Swarm but unlike The Swarm, they work properly. It also feels like the more complete ride with better near misses. Raptor is far more like a wing-rider Nemesis in the way it interacts with its surroundings, not just additional props.

I'm quite glad that all six wing riders so far have been so different. It could have been so easy for Wild Eagle and GateKeeper to be really similar or for X Flight to be a clone of The Swarm.

I don't wish to say you are wrong, but you are wrong. Raptor doesn't just interact with scenery, it also has the water jets and the misters like The Swarm but unlike The Swarm, they work properly. It also feels like the more complete ride with better near misses. Raptor is far more like a wing-rider Nemesis in the way it interacts with its surroundings, not just additional props.

I'm quite glad that all six wing riders so far have been so different. It could have been so easy for Wild Eagle and GateKeeper to be really similar or for X Flight to be a clone of The Swarm.

They're near clones already. ;)

Other than being mirrored the only differences are: Swarm has a Inclined loop, X-flight has an Immelman, and X-flight has helix after the inline roll, the two are Very alike.

Swarm

-Wing over drop

-Zero G

-Inclined Loop

-Curve

-Zero G

-Curve

-inline roll

-brakes

-turn

-brakes

X-Flight

-Wing over drop

-Zero G

-Immelmann

-Curve

-Zero G

-Cruve

-Inline roll

-Helix

-Brakes

-Turn

-Brakes

Very minimal difference.

Evidence enough.

http://youtubedouble...Name=meahwahwah

Similar? yes. But as you say, not the same. The Swarm ends poorly and too soon, X-flight looks awkward to me immediately after the 2nd and 3rd inversions, just doesn't look like it flows properly. But then there is only so much you can tell from a video.

I think it is fair to say, even from POVs only, neither are the best example of a B+M winged coaster, but GateKeeper just might be.

Edited by pluk
Clarification I'm not disagreeing with B+M

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a look at part of GateKeeper's keyhole element at Clermont Steel Fabricators in Batavia, Ohio. This looks like quite an impressive structure, and this is only part of it! Anyone else agree with me that it looks like some of the track sections will be part-supported by this? Looks like them plates with spaces for bolts could be for that.

165082_10151404155271796_1297423921_n.jp

Image from PointBuzz

Cedar point really have the best skyline :wub:and their coasters are always top notch, I wish it was closer to England

Ehhhhhhhhhhh... Not REALLY... There's (excluding Gatekeeper) 3 really good coasters, and few average ones, the odd over-rated one and some terrible ones...

3/16 was not a good return...

Ehhhhhhhhhhh... Not REALLY... There's (excluding Gatekeeper) 3 really good coasters, and few average ones, the odd over-rated one and some terrible ones...

Well there's like 14 which look fun that I'd love to ride (in my opinion as I've never been on any)

But mainly millienium force, TTD, Raptor, Maverick, Wicked Twister, Mantis.. :blush:

-Millennium

-Maverick

-Raptor

-Magnum

-Dragster

-GateKeeper (soon to be)

All great coasters.

For you to say "Not REALLY" doesn't make much sense. There aren't many parks out there that offer this amount of quality coasters. Maybe Magic Mountain or Great Adventure.