The Crash Pad

Confuzzled

I actually like the idea of the crash pad- its just the price which is an issue!

The price is way to expensive however I think the idea of shipping containers is great. I saw a resturant in london today made out of shipping containers and it looked funky! If thorpe paint those shipping containers cool colours I think it will be one of the coolest hotels around.

BTW the resturant wass on the southbank.

Because in the opinion of many it is very poor and quite expensive for what you get. This comes as quite a cheap and nasty disappointment of an investment after plans for a full size proper hotel have been approved and shelved.

Most of us only want what is good for the park, and we don't think this is it! Are you still really happy that there is on site accommodation considering that it is out side and rooms sleep 4 in a tiny tiny space for considerably more money than travelodge type places a couple of miles (and couple of £ in a taxi) away? Or would you rather a proper hotel?

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but I was having a nosey on the booking page and it seems you can't book without buying a ticket? I can't see a way to book if you have an annual pass.

I'm guessing if you called up, there's probably a simple way round this, but it does seem a bit annoying really.

Hmm it is possible to book for an Annual Pass holder online because I've had a look before, I remember it being difficult to find.

EDIT: highlight cursor over the 'Bargain Breaks' tab on the top right of the website, and click 'Passholders save 20% here'!

After staying at the crash pad Thursday night I just thought id give my little review.

We headed over to the reception building at around 2, inside the entire back wall is just a massive picture of all the Thorpe rides and it looks great. There was a mix up with our booking (I booked for 2 people instead of me) the staff were only too happy to help, although it did take abit of messing around to sort.

We were taken to our room and left to it. Whilst from the outside you can't hide the fact they are shipping containers, they've done a good job with the surrounding area and the little garden area looks really nice.

The rooms them selves are obviously abit tight, but they are of a very high quality, the beds are very very comfortable (probably one of the nicest I've sleeped in!) and the rooms are nice and warm (or cool!) if you like. The area around the double bed is padded so you can confortably sit on there watching tv without much fuss.

The wet room is ok, the door isn't great and don't offer the best privacy and the plumbing as abit loud. But apart from that serves its purpose well. The rooms come with free shower gels / shampoo and soap along with bottled water. You can get things like hair dryers / irons from reception if you need one.

For the evening meal your asked to book a time at bar 360, when we got there at our time we were shown to our table. There was full table service on offer which was nice, the food the same as in the day but the menu has improved somewhat on last year so that's no bad thing.

As for the evening entertainment it changes each night depending on how busy the park is, we had rock and roll bingo and some sort of quiz, but the done was so quiet it was all abit awkward and will probably be better and offer more when it's busier. ( it's sold out the next few days so will be interesting to see how it compares) the shop in the dome seemed to open till around 7:30/8 and the arcade games were available till the dome closed at midnight.

For breackfast your also given time slots either 7 till 8 or 8 till 9, your given tickets to hand in when you get to bar360, they offered a free continental breackfast or a full fry up for £5.95, I went for this option and it was quite nice.

Checking out was nice and easy and there able to offer you somewhere to leave bags etc for the day, Swarm and Fish opened at 9:15 for crash pad guests giving around 45 min ert on these 2.

45 minute ERT on Flying Fish! That must make up for sleeping in a shipping container ;) I'm glad it seems very organised with food etc but what is going to happen on the club nights? Are only MoS guests allowed to book the Crash Pad on these nights or can other guests and if so, what do they do in the evening as the Dome would be closed of?

The wet room is ok, the door isn't great and don't offer the best privacy and the plumbing as abit loud. But apart from that serves its purpose well.

This seems like quite a big problem to me. Not so much of an issue if it is just me and the Mrs, but if squeezing in with others it's not nice. And without sharing it is poor value.

45 minute ERT on Flying Fish! That must make up for sleeping in a shipping container ;) I'm glad it seems very organised with food etc but what is going to happen on the club nights? Are only MoS guests allowed to book the Crash Pad on these nights or can other guests and if so, what do they do in the evening as the Dome would be closed of?

Sorry did you miss the bit were it said SWARM? or do you always have selective reading to be negative?

This seems like quite a big problem to me. Not so much of an issue if it is just me and the Mrs, but if squeezing in with others it's not nice. And without sharing it is poor value.

I agree with this, it is abit awkward in that respect and id like to to try improve that some how, although not sure how or if they can. Regarding value, on park there was a deal to stay for £29,99 per person with a minmum of 2, I thought that was a good deal.

I saw a picture of the inside of one of the rooms and it actually looked rather than, aside from being cramped, so I take back what I said previously, they still don't look great from the outside but the idea of the garden must help. Does anyone have a picture? I guess we've got to remember if the hotels successful, they will build a permanent hotel. I just hope they don't change their minds and permanently keep the shipping containers to save £££ :blink: