Fright Nights 2013

Confuzzled

Sorry, I'm visiting with my friend next Sunday and was hoping to use the Tesco Clubcard vouchers? I just wanted to check that this is ok as we don't want to end up not being able to get into the park! Will it just be like how you use them usually, scanning the print-off voucher on the turnstiles or will we have to get some extra ticket like the AP holders do?

I don't like the fact that they are using the same fences as last year and on MBV and the fact that it looks like a cattlepen queue. I know its easier to have these fences but I would much rather if there were more 'decorative fences' in a cool layout. I hope they at least decorate the fences for fright nights because they don't look very attractive...

Even banners that just say "THORPE PARK FRIGHT NIGHTS!" would be an improvement...

One of the main reasons why I'd like to see the park get permanent fences at the entrance, because it looks dire... Legoland have started doing it as well and it doesn't give a great first impression...

Isn't this an ample moment to shout 'cost-cutting'?

You have to remember, there's going to be hundreds of thousands of people brushing past these fences, holding on to the sides, swaying them back and forward. The only way you'll be able to get a themed fence that is durable enough to withstand this is if its cemented in, and the theming made a permanent fixture. And we all know this isn't an option, as the arena for example is used at other times.

I would definitely say its more of a practicality issue rather than a cost one. Its not exactly cheap to buy that type of temporary fencing (that's if they even own it, it could be rented?). I think its just one of those facts of life that you have to accept.

As for the entrance, its been agreed a long time that Thorpe hate the fencing, but there's no point making a permanent fixture if they're going to rebuild the entire entrance when the hotel finally gets built.

Even banners that just say "THORPE PARK FRIGHT NIGHTS!" would be an improvement...

One of the main reasons why I'd like to see the park get permanent fences at the entrance, because it looks dire... Legoland have started doing it as well and it doesn't give a great first impression...

Isn't this an ample moment to shout 'cost-cutting'?

Talking of that. I found this on twitter.

https://twitter.com/search?src=typd&q=%23frightnights

Scroll down to the work time one it shows this years entrance.

Edited by Dominic Franczak

To be honest if those fences were painted black then they would look much less tacky.

On the topic of Fright Nights, roll on tomorrow!

Just received this email from Merlin Entertainments - exciting!

We hope you are looking forward to being terrified tomorrow night at your Exclusive Fright Night preview evening!

Below is some key information just for you:

• Doors open at 6:30pm and the park will close at 10pm.

• Please ensure you have your event ticket and valid Annual Pass or Membership with you to gain entry.

• This event may not be suitable for persons aged under 13years, those with a nervous disposition or anyone that is generally a scaredy cat!

• Unfortuantely spare pants are not supplied however may be needed!

We are also pleased to inform you that we will be offering an increased renewal saving for this evening only. Save 35% when you renew at the event and don’t worry if you still have time left on your Pass, we will gladly add this onto your current expiry date! Simply visit the Annual Pass office to renew your passes.

We hope to see you there!

The Merlin Annual Pass & Merlin Membership team!

To be honest if those fences were painted black then they would look much less tacky.

On the topic of Fright Nights, roll on tomorrow!

Just received this email from Merlin Entertainments - exciting!

We hope you are looking forward to being terrified tomorrow night at your Exclusive Fright Night preview evening! Below is some key information just for you: • Doors open at 6:30pm and the park will close at 10pm. • Please ensure you have your event ticket and valid Annual Pass or Membership with you to gain entry. • This event may not be suitable for persons aged under 13years, those with a nervous disposition or anyone that is generally a scaredy cat! • Unfortuantely spare pants are not supplied however may be needed! We are also pleased to inform you that we will be offering an increased renewal saving for this evening only. Save 35% when you renew at the event and don’t worry if you still have time left on your Pass, we will gladly add this onto your current expiry date! Simply visit the Annual Pass office to renew your passes.We hope to see you there! The Merlin Annual Pass & Merlin Membership team!

I got that aswel!