Park Operations

Daniel.S313

Was slammer open again today? I heard it was but it wasnt from a reliable source, I'm going on friday so hope they got it up and running again!

Slammer was up and running today! Was my first ever ride and I loved it :D

As for park operations, detonator broke down today, we broke down on loggers leap(were given free fastrack for Colossus), nemesis inferno closed because of stomach problems, saw got stuck vertical, swarm broke down and stealth broke down from about 12 and didn't reopen.

It was a great day at thorpe in terms of ride openings ;)

As much as I hate to use a tired metaphor, if Alton Towers told their staff to jump off a cliff, would that make it okay for Thorpe to do the same?

No, however it's really not that bad. What do you expect them to do?

Ride is obviously in maintenance, so they can't clean trains or be in way of station.. that leaves.. litterpicking ride area. Which would've been done! Nothing therefore to do.

Haven't seen/heard about that in a while but I remember it being a big problem back in 2009/2010. Wonder what causes it?

I'm not sure, it broke early in the morning after they added an extra car but then later in the day it got stuck vertical and didn't reopen for the rest of the day.

No type in saw the ride breakdowns on youtube or here's a link to it, clearly it was longer as they were evacuated this is in reply to the guy who said he or she hadn't heard of it getting stuck since 2009/10 by the way.

What I find strange is that it was stuck up there for a while but no evacuation took place when I was at TP. Does anyone know how long it has to be before they do an evacuation?

What I find strange is that it was stuck up there for a while but no evacuation took place when I was at TP. Does anyone know how long it has to be before they do an evacuation?

I dont think theres any set time, although it dont look like that was evacuated from the top of the lift..

Has the park been opening any earlier than 10 this year... as I went over easter holidays last year, arriving about 9.40 to find the park already open, with rides already going by the time we got into the park. Going in two weeks on bank holiday monday (6th may), and wondering if they have been doing it this year on busy days, in which case I'll try and get there a bit earlier just in case.

thanks, before last year when I went in April, I had only ever been on Fright nights which they don't open till dead on 10 or slightly after, so was a bit shocked and initially gutted when I saw it was open when I got there! :) well I'm hoping it's not, but I'm presuming the bank holiday I'm going on will be busy... so if they have done it this season, then I think I'll have to try and get there earlier ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

Car parking was £4 today but upon entering the car park the sign said £5, So I would imagine the price will be going up momentarily unless the sign has said that all season but perhaps actually a mistake.

When I visited on an off-peak day this year the sign said 4 pounds. Maybe they are considering raising the price on peak days?

I really hope the parking tickets don't increase this year, as the price has been going up a pound every year since paid parking was introduced. If Thorpe are going to raise the price of parking, they could at least improve the car park layout.

As for ticket prices, I think an increase is inevitable considering recent mid season price hikes at most of the parks.

I really hope the parking tickets don't increase this year, as the price has been going up a pound every year since paid parking was introduced. If Thorpe are going to raise the price of parking, they could at least improve the car park layout.

As for ticket prices, I think an increase is inevitable considering recent mid season price hikes at most of the parks.

Well it sounds like it will go up this year!

Any idea what altons is at? I expect it will stop when they are the same.