Rush

Perks

I would tend to side with the argument of saying that Piston Slip Rings are loose as being false - if it was then the ride would surely not pass it's functional test with LTC - especially after the amount of modifications that TP have had to make the the bloody ride.When swing A turned up on site back in 2005, they found the thing wouldn't mate up at all with the two supports that hang it off of the top of the ride. A lot of welding work had to be done to make sure it fitted up; so I presume LTC then went an inspected everything to make sure it's up for S&S guidelines.

Went today and I have to say both sides were running like they did when I first rode it but were in sync! Even the 'bad swing (can't remember whether it is A or B.) it was truly amazing and had really intense and airtime filled rides! Hooray for going well beyond 90 degrees for the first time in forever.

I would tend to side with the argument of saying that Piston Slip Rings are loose as being false - if it was then the ride would surely not pass it's functional test with LTC - especially after the amount of modifications that TP have had to make the the bloody ride.When swing A turned up on site back in 2005, they found the thing wouldn't mate up at all with the two supports that hang it off of the top of the ride. A lot of welding work had to be done to make sure it fitted up; so I presume LTC then went an inspected everything to make sure it's up for S&S guidelines.

It is true, I assure you. It's being like that for the last few seasons, it's not a major problem at all, it just means air pressure in either half of the piston is lost slightly as the ride is in operation. I have a very reliable source on this.And NeilFever, that is how the ride is meant to perform, in reality, it's very different.

Thinking about it, should Thorpe decide to do the fixes (which probably won't happen), you know that if they can make a marketing spin off about it, they will. Stealth gets tweaked and it becomes Stealth 1.1 (or something like that), Saw gets no changes what so ever and it is all of a sudden more terrifying than ever: Rush gets the fixes and gives a little boost to the ride experience but not noticeable to most of the public and it will no doubt become Rush reloaded.

• 4 months later...

Indeed there was! The ride opened late just after 2:00pm after only being handed over to the park from S&S moments before. A laminated sign was later put up at admissions thanking guests for their understanding of the technical problems and 'teething problems' during ride 'previews'. The queueline was also held outside of the main queue path, as the park tried to avoid guest complaints whilst the shut downs caused inevitable queueline closures.I expect the ride opening later than expected was the reason that the banners and flags across the park were never put up. The messages on them were: 'You're 135 metres away from the ultimate Rush' (there were several of these counting down, the closer to the attraction you got), 'Rush; don't go home without one' etc.. There were also sweets handed out, rock peice sweets, with Rush written through them.It had a rocky start, and as an additional ride to Slammer that year, it's suprising that it has become the most popular of the two!

• 2 months later...