Rush

Perks

Plus it's also very rare for a ride to reach its theoretical throughput an hour. Situations and problems arise, sometimes putting quite a bit of pressure on ride attendants and operators, therefore, as a consequence, throughput has to be compromised in order for the situations to be resolved.For example, Rameses has a theoretical throughput of 500 an hour, in reality it is more commonly about 300 an hour.

• 3 weeks later...

Fantastic ride. The feeling where you come flying out of your seat, where it looks like you're gonig to keep flying up into the sky is like nothing I have ever felt before. What makes it so terryfying is that there are limited restraints so when you face the sky, you really do feel like you're gonna fly out of the ride and keep going up lol. I love it.I can see why this ride scares so many people. However, I'm so used to it now that I find it really relaxing. Jesus would be really proud of Thorpe for creating such a great ride.I havn't been on this since 2007 as last year when I went, I didn't get time to ride.:(Fingers crossed for the 24th March 2010.:)

Rush has had a lot of work done to it this closed season, before anyone comments on the large patches that are apparent on each of the towers. The ride has had both of it's huge pistons replaced. S&S have been on park and done some work. Although the finishing touches are still incomplete. One of the patches is an off Gold colour and the other is just plain Red, sticks out like a sore thumb, but not to worry, the right coloured paint has been ordered and both will be painted again to match the rides real Gold look soon! The rides other swing, A is also near to be running again following the winter and once it's cables have been tightened will be up and swinging again in no time!One more interesting note is that when quizzed about the height difference between the swings, S&S commented that it will reach the same height one day and so, remains a mystery to even S&S!Points to the park for having BOTH of the S&S rides up and running a week before the official end of the closed season.

• 1 month later...

Well, after several rides on Rush on Thursday, I have to say the ride is not performing well at all. Swing A is still far better, and Swing B is now genuinely terrible. The new pistons along with he other closed season work have seriously damaged the ride. Neither swing is performing as well as they used to, Swing A provides a little airtime at best, Swing B provides one swing which actually delivers, the other 3 high swings give no airtime what so ever, and barely push past 90 degrees. For the first time ever I actually think Vortex was doing a better job of being a swing than Rush was. At least vortex was safely going above 90 degrees and giving airtime, Rush was struggling. To add to this, in keeping with the normal tradition of swapping Rush's music, it's now on the 2006 music again, but has no music for the actual ride cycle, no background theme, and all the announcements are too short which leaves the ride in silence for most of the loading and ride process.I seriously hope the new pistons 'loosen up' a little and can deliver a better ride as it used to last season, if not, I might have to find myself a new favourite ride.

I still find Rush a good ride, but my opinion has fallen over the years. A shame really about the swings not performing well this year, which is very noticable. I also think that after queuing for so long, riders should be given a much longer ride cycle. As soon as you feel like you have reached the highest swing, the ride slows down and you are left with a 'is that it?' sense.Apart from that, the non-existant theming and the constantly altering music, Rush is still a good ride. Improvments can be made, but I think what matters most is getting all of its mechanical problems fixed.

I still find Rush a good ride, but my opinion has fallen over the years. A shame really about the swings not performing well this year, which is very noticable. I also think that after queuing for so long, riders should be given a much longer ride cycle. As soon as you feel like you have reached the highest swing, the ride slows down and you are left with a 'is that it?' sense

But this in turn makes the queue-line even longer, and that queue can be bad enough with just the minimal settings... Let alone the ride being even longer...

Yes, but, most people would probably be happy to queue for that amount of time if they got a better ride. Even if it was only by about three swings longer. It would make an impact, but not a huge difference to the throughput. It would change the experience for the best. However they drastically extended the ride time, that really would make queueing awful. Rush is a great ride, it feel like it should never stop swinging. When I went on it the other day, I was enjoying it thoughourly (I was on the arm that goes higher), but in about 15 seconds after it got going properly, I was off again. If it can't be done without making the queues unbearable, I guess it is not that important.

The ride's cycle length is good, it's not so long it's boring, it's not so short you think you've wasted your time. I've been on both setting (which deliver 2 full height swings or 4 full height swings) and both are good. A longer cycle would make no difference to Swing B, it's good swing is it's first full height swing, the 3 after that are dire. Whilst on the subject of Swing B, the air exhaust is now blowing released compressed air through the top (where the cables come out) so if anyone notices it, it isn't on fire (heard a few people worried it was the other day). Hopefully it'll be back to it's usual standard soon. And, it still needs the awful patches on the towers painting, Swing B's is red, Swing A's has been badly spray painted a tone of gold (as mentioned before in this topic). Poor Rush is being neglected. :'(

The ride's cycle length is good, it's not so long it's boring, it's not so short you think you've wasted your time. I've been on both setting (which deliver 2 full height swings or 4 full height swings) and both are good. A longer cycle would make no difference to Swing B, it's good swing is it's first full height swing, the 3 after that are dire. Whilst on the subject of Swing B, the air exhaust is now blowing released compressed air through the top (where the cables come out) so if anyone notices it, it isn't on fire (heard a few people worried it was the other day). Hopefully it'll be back to it's usual standard soon. And, it still needs the awful patches on the towers painting, Swing B's is red, Swing A's has been badly spray painted a tone of gold (as mentioned before in this topic). Poor Rush is being neglected. :'(

Well it had new Pistons this year so its not that negleted Rob :P And both were puffing out compressed air a few weeks back :P

^ The new pistons have made it worse, and it still needs painting, so, it's neglected =P (ok probably not the best word but whatever).As for Swing A, yes it does release the air from the top, it's just not quite as noticeable, and I didn't hear anyone saying 'is it on fire?' whilst pointing at Swing A.

Sure your not on about Swing B? Swing A is the most unlaziest swing! I always see it about 110 degrees! (Swing A is closest so console)

Swing A has been a bit inconsistent. My first 2 visits it was going like crazy (as usual), but on my 3rd visit, it did seem to be a bit sluggish and lazy.

Sure your not on about Swing B? Swing A is the most unlaziest swing! I always see it about 110 degrees! (Swing A is closest so console)

I may get the two mixed up, but the swing I'm talking about is the one closest to the batching gates/entrance.

• 3 weeks later...

My ride today did indeed disappoint compared to the usual high standard, both swings looked to struggle, especially swing B which at times, barely made it 90 degrees. Rush is looking in terrible condition at the moment, and also, for those who are unsure of which is A and which is B, it is now written on each swing.

After riding Rush last week I dont really notice any difference, one swing does go slightly higher than the other but this has all-ways been the case. Its still packed with air time and importantly, a huge crowd pleaser, just have to look at the reactions of people both on and off the ride to see theres nothing wrong with it.