Rush

Perks

• 2 weeks later...

Managed to get on this last week! After years of not gong on I convinced myself and I must say I'm glad.I think it's a really great ride and the weightlessness feeling is fantastic. Linked to this is the nature of the restraints; they give you a lot more freedom than other types of restraints may have given you.On the downside however it was plain to see that one swing was going higher than the other, it looks bad when they both swing up but even worse when they swing back from a swing and they don't pass the centre point at the same time. It just looks horrible! Also both times I was on at different times of the day it was only on 40 second cycles. I expected more, especially because it was an inset day and I never saw a single cycle without empty seats.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah thats normal. Its been doing that more this year with the new pistons. Well the engineer said it had new pistons to improve the reliability anyway. I think what you're seeing is just the compressed air. It tends to look more like steam under pressure.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yesterday was a disgrace for Rush, the staff were talking to each other at the ride console for a good 2minutes everytime, I have no problem with them chating but when they are physicaly holding the ride up its really not on or in any books fair ! :) I have noticed they let a good half the ride full of fastrack on some occasions which is not on at all, this seems incerdibley unfair and unjustified.I dont want to moan but when you have staff not doing there Job e.g not locking restraints, chatting up the girl on the console and working at the slow speed at peak time yeah they need to get there act together I dont know weather it is my family but we all noticeBy order of some I have taken this last comment off even though I think I am just speking what I see!

Yesterday was a disgrace for Rush, the staff were talking to each other at the ride console for a good 2minutes everytime, I have no problem with them chating but when they are physicaly holding the ride up its really not on or in any books fair ! :) I have noticed they let a good half the ride full of fastrack on some occasions which is not on at all, this seems incerdibley unfair and unjustified.I dont want to moan but when you have staff not doing there Job e.g not locking restraints, chatting up the girl on the console and working at the slow speed at peak time yeah they need to get there act together I dont know weather it is my family but we all noticeBy order of some I have taken this last comment off even though I think I am just speking what I see!

You know what I couldn't agree more with all of that, all the time the staff are just having a bloody chat by the console, not even aware 400 people are queueing for the ride, joke. As for the fastrack, also agree, its generally half and half due to the oversell meaning the ride is basically on one swing to the main queue. :P As for the apparent 'sexist' comment I agree with that to I don't know what everyone is getting so worked up about it to be honest.

As for the apparent 'sexist' comment I agree with that to I don't know what everyone is getting so worked up about it to be honest.

Wouldn't go as far as to say it was sexist that comment, but it was still rather short-sighted to say... Especially for those male members who have worked their arses off at the parks themselves...

Wouldn't go as far as to say it was sexist that comment, but it was still rather short-sighted to say... Especially for those male members who have worked their arses off at the parks themselves...

no I know I see many staff working hard but I do see more men slack off than women causing queues for the past few visits :)

This is a very good point actully, I've noticed this a lot at Thorpe Park over any other park, and it happens a lot on Rush.The VAST majority of the staff are brilliant and do a great job, it's just the odd few that hold up the queues with their ridiculous flirting and chatting every now and then.Let's face the facts though, how many people on this forum go to work and work at 100% efficiency from the start of their shift to the end? Of course people are going to slack from time to time! It's just human nature.

(Not adding to the sexist debate) But I have to agree with the above post, on my last visit the two ladies operating Slammer were more interested in chatting over the microphone about which flavour of ice cream they should get, I had a good mind to complain, I was sat in my seat for at least 5 minutes before the restraints were checked. Meh.