Rush

Perks

This is a very good point actully, I've noticed this a lot at Thorpe Park over any other park, and it happens a lot on Rush.The VAST majority of the staff are brilliant and do a great job, it's just the odd few that hold up the queues with their ridiculous flirting and chatting every now and then.Let's face the facts though, how many people on this forum go to work and work at 100% efficiency from the start of their shift to the end? Of course people are going to slack from time to time! It's just human nature.

Fair comment actually but I always feel there is a time and place to be holding the queue up! :blink:

Ride ProblemsDuring the day Rush's swings sometimes fall out of sync (Not meeting at the middle). To prevent the ride breaking down and to prevent downtime, one swing is usually closed and the other carries on operating.There has been no official release as to why the ride does this, but there is speculation that the reason being it was the first large capacity "Prototype" 'Screamin' Swing'.

(From Rushs Wikipedia Page so not sure about reliability)Explains why its usually on one swing.

When I went last went it did 9 swings on my first ride, then the 7 swing setting on every other in the afternoon.Anyway something random. You know Rush's 2006 theme tune? I just noticed a sound effect from it in:Who do you think you are? Intro/End: http://www.televisiontunes.com/Who_Do_You_Think_You_Are_-_Ending.html (17 secs)And very quietly in Bad Boys 2 Film score: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTFde4yTPdcI take it nobody else ever noticed that stuff?! The bad boys one is almost like a remix of Colossus beatbed and the 2006 theme lol.

When I went last went it did 9 swings on my first ride, then the 7 swing setting on every other in the afternoon.

Was on 9 yesterday, much better! =]

I take it nobody else ever noticed that stuff?! The bad boys one is almost like a remix of Colossus beatbed and the 2006 theme lol.

I guess they use the same music resource websites that the park do!

• 1 month later...

.....and the paint for both towers is en route, so all peachy.

Going back some time, I know, however, I would just like to take this opportunity to point out that the ride has still not been painted, and swing A's patch looks disgusting. Gotta love the care and attention to detail Thorpe give their attractions.And on another note, Swing B looked lush at night on the first Friday of Fight Nights, as the lights inside the tower were left on, giving it an amazing glow outside of the inlets where to cables enter the tower.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This used to be one of my favourite rides. However, the last time I went on (last year) it really didn't deliver. It didnt feel forceful or thrilling anymore.It's a shame that Rush let me down; because I used to consider this ride to be one of my best friends. I trusted Rush and it let me down.I will give it another chance when I go back to Thorpe in a couple of months. BUT if I do not get a thrilling and exciting ride then I will end my 5-year friendship with Rush.I really hope that Rush returns to its former glories. If it provides me with another mediocre ride then I will yell at the ride and tell it that I will never be riding it again. It's so sad when friends let you down like this