Rush

Perks

The cycle cant be changed by Thorpe, or at least I don't think it can. I believe that S&S can change some of the set up to make it slightly longer or shorter by 1 swing but they are restricted because of the air cylinders and how long they take to pressurise again.

That's correct don't change the cycle times at all they do 9swings then It start to slow them down to a stop

Well it happened on once right at the end of the day (having previously been on it that day with the normal shorter cycle), then they sent us going again as thw queue was shut and it was the last ride of the day without releasing the restraints but had to wait about 30 seconds and then had a normal shorter cycle that we've seen these last couple of years. Explain that? As I'm confused?

Well the waiting for re-ride is because the ride system needs enough air power to re-start (usually done whilst loading, so un-noticed), and then a shorter ride cycle was obviously interrupted by the Cycle stop button, which stops the ride in the usual way, unlike the E-stop which cuts the air completely.

The engineering team can change the cycle length by a couple of swings. This can be done in the morning if the park are expecting a high gate figure (the swings go down).

If this is actually done these days is another matter.

I'll just like to add that since 2011 the swings have never been set less then 9 engerneer have left it alone

• 1 month later...

Goes much quicker for me, it must have been only 20-30mins from the bit where you can see the main queue board in the first length(when it usually says 35mins).

I would also hate to be there tonight, waiting over an hour for flat rides and over two hours for coasters is extremely unbearable. Nt mention the fact that mazes have massive lines as well. Hate to think its like this for the rest of half term though.

I had two short swings last night?

It confused me.

They may have been pressing the stop button early to try and reduce queue time(if that's even possible). The cycle is generally short anyway though.

No more RnR tests for the rest of the season. Unless they change their mind and announce more.

I hope they don't announce more as it really ruined my day last week.

• 4 months later...

Out of pure interest, how has Rush been performing the last couple of days?

It really started to show its knackered side last year when the swings were barely reaching 80-90degrees at most on a good day. I remember the old days when it used to reach about 110-120degrees for a good few swings.

I really hope over this closed season they have worked on it to get it back to a good state, as last year it was acceptable but it was obvious the ride was having problems as the swings were so out of time and it wasn't reaching anywhere as high as it used to.

I found that it gives you alot more freedom when it reaches the peak of its swing. After most recently riding thunder n lightning, I found the ride had a much more controlled element to it which I didnt like. On rush you get the sensation of being able to float at the peak of the swing, but on this newer model you just sort of stopped rather then started to float.

Also, the park was far more strict on restraints. They unlocked the bars if someone did them themselves, and told you off for doing it, and had to make sure a host was strapping you all in, tightly.

The swing didn't even reach 90.

The circuit, from what I can remember, may have even been shorter. I just remember coming off and being really disappointed.

I suspect the height of the swing won't make a large difference in the experience other then speed, it's really about how far the swing goes.

I found that it gives you alot more freedom when it reaches the peak of its swing. After most recently riding thunder n lightning, I found the ride had a much more controlled element to it which I didnt like. On rush you get the sensation of being able to float at the peak of the swing, but on this newer model you just sort of stopped rather then started to float.

Also, the park was far more strict on restraints. They unlocked the bars if someone did them themselves, and told you off for doing it, and had to make sure a host was strapping you all in, tightly.

The swing didn't even reach 90.

The circuit, from what I can remember, may have even been shorter. I just remember coming off and being really disappointed.

I suspect the height of the swing won't make a large difference in the experience other then speed, it's really about how far the swing goes.

Thanks!

Good point about the height... I mean even though XXL at Winter Wonderland was incredible... I find the Wipeout ride at Brean Leisure Theme Park (Which is a much smaller KMG, don't know the technical name) gives a much much more intense ride and possibly more fun depending on what you like.

LC can I just ask if you have ridden another Screamin swing? Or are you just going from assumption.

Because I have ridden other screamin swings, and rush is better.

Yes I have ridden another Screamin swing. Skyhawk was a million times better. However I meant my statement in a mechanical term rather than ride experience.