Summer Nights

MarkC

No it's before hand I'm working the event again so I don't have time to pop out to get something to eat as I have my break at 6pm I got to start my checks at 6:40 so I need to buy something on park but merlin places I get discounts that's why I'm asking lol I'm not attending the event although I would love to at some point lol

Hi all,

Might be visiting summer nights this Friday for the first time or possibly next week!

As I no longer have an annual pass I would have to book my ticket online, however some people are saying guests can buy them £5 on the day? This slightly confused me.

Also do I have to collect my wristband/ticket for the night at the advanced ticket collection. If so, what time do you reccomend I get there so I can be in the park for 7pm. Bear in mind I am only arriving for summer nights not the whole day.

Many thanks,

James

No it's before hand I'm working the event again so I don't have time to pop out to get something to eat as I have my break at 6pm I got to start my checks at 6:40 so I need to buy something on park but merlin places I get discounts that's why I'm asking lol I'm not attending the event although I would love to at some point lol

Ah, must feed that wonderful singing voice!

Is the staff canteen not still serving?

Hahahaha, oh my. You don't know Thorpe very well. The canteen will probably stop food at like 4pm.

Hi all,

Might be visiting summer nights this Friday for the first time or possibly next week!

As I no longer have an annual pass I would have to book my ticket online, however some people are saying guests can buy them £5 on the day? This slightly confused me.

Also do I have to collect my wristband/ticket for the night at the advanced ticket collection. If so, what time do you reccomend I get there so I can be in the park for 7pm. Bear in mind I am only arriving for summer nights not the whole day.

Many thanks,

James

Yes to going to Advance Ticket. It'll be £15. It's only £5 if you're already in the park on the day, as a ticket upgrade. I'd advise turning up for around 6.30pm to pick up your wristband. ;)

I guess tidal wave isn't as major and I doubt many people ride tidal at summer nights therefore not many people would be disappointed. If stealth/any other major coaster was down and not replaced I reckon there would be a lot of unhappy guests. My guess is they would replace it with something along the lines of detonator or vortex as they were open on the extended openings till 9pm last year :)

Rubbish about Rush being to loud. All the rides on park have permission to operate between 9am and 10/11pm throughout the season (depending on days).

As for replacing a ride it depends on staffing. They wouldonly be likely to open a ride with staff from the closed ride so that team as they'll be ttrained on them. So in Stealths case that's the rides they already open as the "other" rides.

Summer nights was AMAZING today. Only about 300people max on park it was virtually dead all coasters and rides going with empty seats. Everything was walk on or wait for the next train. You could even stay on most of the time :)

Ride count:

Stealth- 5

Nemesis inferno- 5

Colossus- 5

Saw- 5

Dodgems- 1

Tidal wave- 2

X- 5

Swarm- 11(2 backwards, 9 forwards).

Total: 39!!

-Teacups and zodiac also open but didn't ride :)

Only ONE CON; Had to wait ages to collect wristbands due to only one booth being open but still got in early and first train of stealth.

-Was on LAST Train of swarm of the day and got fire and all the effects on :D

Summer nights was AMAZING today. Only about 300people max on park it was virtually dead all coasters and rides going with empty seats. Everything was walk on or wait for the next train. You could even stay on most of the time :)

Ride count:

Stealth- 5

Nemesis inferno- 5

Colossus- 5

Saw- 5

Dodgems- 1

Tidal wave- 2

X- 5

Only ONE CON; Had to wait ages to collect wristbands due to only one booth being open but still got in early and first train of stealth.

Zodiac was open for Summer nights? That's new. Maybe they just had extra staff?

Zodiac was open tonight and it really was dead. The park was rather empty as well in the day so I guess that helped.

Ride count:

1-swarm backwards

1-Colossus

2-saw

6-nemesis inferno (4 front row and the train to myself)

39-stealth (10,23,6 was the number of times in a row, I really like stealth)

Total: 49

Total for the entire day I got exactly 70.

Was on the first and last train of stealth and also didn't have to wait in the collection queue as they were selling tickets at the fastrack kiosk's. On the whole, today was pretty amazing.

Ride count:

Stealth- 5

Nemesis inferno- 5

Colossus- 5

Saw- 5

Dodgems- 1

Tidal wave- 2

X- 5

That's a great total, so that must have cost thirteen pence a ride?

Zodiac was only open because the beach was closed and it's in the same team so they just switch to another ride

Zodiac was pretty abandoned though. Most of the time it was running with only a couple of people on it. What other rides are. In the same team, would be interesting to know as would rather something else was open :P

I would just like to point out now how jolly all the staff were tonight. I think it may be the fact that they were more relaxed as they didn't have to rush operations. Operations were quite slow and the queues were still exactly 0 mins haha. My highlight of the night was swarm as it was feeling much faster than usual and was so cool in the dark with the lights. Also got the fire 3 times and when we went through it, it felt amazing.

I also have a question about saw, why would it be running 7 cars? Was an odd number and as operations were slow it meant you had to wait a while to get off!

The cars will run one one train nornally because one car get serviced at night ready for tomorrow morning as then first thing In the morning they will switch the serviced one and take the one that was out last night to service ASAP to then run them back on two trains. Saw is the same but the service one car every night so they allways take one off then add it tomorrow if it's passed the service then take another off after work again