CBeebies Land

Benin

Beaver Creek had a fair few buildings. Magic Mountain, Space Invader, an arcade, the whole restaurant and Blue Flyer station to which the building was completely rebuilt to create Nick Shop and a new station; it had the old photos for meet and greet which had its own little building.. my mind has gone blank now but I'm sure there was more.

Beaver Creek was pretty much bulldozed to the ground to create Nickelodeon Land. I'm not saying using existing buildings is a bad thing, but from what we've seen so far it's all been just a lick of paint and a few plastic daisies; which wouldn't really give an amazing impression. At least with things like Peppa Pig, Thomas Land, and Nickelodeon Land they attempted to make the buildings look direct to the IP and at least different to how they were (if they were reused).

Nick Land > Cbeebies land IMO.

I won't judge properly until I've seen it from myself, but from pictures I've seen it basically looks like they've renamed a few things, built a new path and painted treehouses in stupidly bright colours.

Plus Nick Land appeals to a wider market than Cbeebies land.

Lots of new attractions instead of rides on this development, it's a lot more focused on interactivity and learning with kids (hence the likes of Nina and Something Special)...

I think someone somewhere mentioned Postman Pat has had a complete new ride system in place of the Tractors, but I don't really have too much of an issue with the area if it's mostly retheming the existing hardware, since the area was pretty solid anyway...

Nick Land > Cbeebies land IMO.

I won't judge properly until I've seen it from myself, but from pictures I've seen it basically looks like they've renamed a few things, built a new path and painted treehouses in stupidly bright colours.

Plus Nick Land appeals to a wider market than Cbeebies land.

Nick land has at least three rides that were just rethemes (Streak, Blue Flyer and the tiny logflume) and a lot of the other additions just looked very off the shelf with a different ride vehicle.

Whereas Cbeebies land is retheming five rides (squirrel nutty, eye spy, mini carousel, bish bash, tractors) and creating a lot of new entertainment based experiances. There seems to be a bigger focus on learning and doing rather than just simple rides. Alton Towers also has many of the simple kiddy flat rides in other areas of the park.

Nick land has at least three rides that were just rethemes (Streak, Blue Flyer and the tiny logflume) and a lot of the other additions just looked very off the shelf with a different ride vehicle.

Whereas Cbeebies land is retheming five rides (squirrel nutty, eye spy, mini carousel, bish bash, tractors) and creating a lot of new entertainment based experiances. There seems to be a bigger focus on learning and doing rather than just simple rides. Alton Towers also has many of the simple kiddy flat rides in other areas of the park.

The problem I have is that they aren't retheming the rides, they are just painting them in bright, horrible colours and they don't fit (green/yellow painted treehouse??)

The problem I have is that they aren't retheming the rides, they are just painting them in bright, horrible colours and they don't fit (green/yellow painted treehouse??)

Don't fit into what exactly? I mean, how can we tell that the bright colours are suited to the theme of CBeebies Land? They're also getting new shells for Get Set Go's carriages, that's more than just a repaint... I'd assume the Doodle Doo Derby retheme will also consist of new shells for the animals as well, whilst Riverbank will be getting a few new scenic elements added...

Bearing in mind that the yellow shade being used on the building is the exact same one as the Blobs it's being themed to, I'd say that fits the theme...

What's a retheme if you haven't had to completely remove all reference to the previous ride and replace them with new things?

You won't see bright yellow sheep or green pigs. They've all gone and everythings changed. The only resemblence is the physical hardware or the nutty shells.

The buildings are being painted, but what's inside them is completely new (Nina and neurona, Charlie & Lola etc) all the rides that are being redone are getting new fibreglass shells with the new theme and it looks like the Tractors changing to postman Pat is actually new vehicles. Also the boat ride will get all new night garden figures, you can't just paint a sheep blue and pretend it's Macca Pacca!

I saw it on Friday and can't say I really have an opinion on it.

When you look at it it seems to look really flat and 2D but then when you stand side on you realise it's not. But other than that it just seemed very, I don't know, basic. But then I don't know how else you'd make the sign.

It also looks... unfinished...

I would certainly hope that they'll be adding in a lot more scenic elements on that ride at least, whilst the rest of the area seems to variate wildly in how bright their colours are going to be...

Still, a month till opening, shall wait and see (not that I fancy the death-crush into the area of course)...

The Boat Ride looks so... lazily done.

There's 5 weeks until opening and you can see the wires sticking out the ground waiting for themeing pieices to arrive!

I think the whole area looks fine, its what I expected from the plans but a lot of it such as Mr Bloom's Garden and Nina's Science Lab will depend upon the quality of the interaction from the staff running those attractions.