CBeebies Land

Benin

Disappointed by the use of an IP but not surprised. I get parks like Drayton and Blackpool using them as they don't naturally have the huge draw of being "Britain's number one theme park." There are many great minds at Merlin Studios and I'm sure they could have (and probably did) come up with an amazing immersive experience without the need of an IP. But we know Merlin, if they aren't 100% certain it will be a big draw they won't invest in it. Shame. Oh well, I'm sure it will be good and exceedingly popular with little kids which is the only side Merlin seem to look at most of the time.

Two confirmed themes are Postman Pat and In the Night Garden, both extremely successful cbeebies programmes.

If done well, this could wipe the face off the competition really. Cbeebies is an insanely popular, well known, british brand. Absolutely perfect for towers (and thank god Shrek never appeared!).

Disappointed by the use of an IP but not surprised. I get parks like Drayton and Blackpool using them as they don't naturally have the huge draw of being "Britain's number one theme park." There are many great minds at Merlin Studios and I'm sure they could have (and probably did) come up with an amazing immersive experience without the need of an IP. But we know Merlin, if they aren't 100% certain it will be a big draw they won't invest in it. Shame. Oh well, I'm sure it will be good and exceedingly popular with little kids which is the only side Merlin seem to look at most of the time.

IP's can be used effectively though, you can see that at Drayton with Thomasland which is far better and immersive then Cloud Cuckoo Land. It's how you use the IP and Merlin haven't always done the best jobs with them.

I would imagine the programs to chose from would come from the current CBeebies program list as per their own website here, which is their current program rosta, and not to be confused with CBBC shows which can be found here. I would think with the tight corporate branding they like if it is CBeebies Land it will be CBeebies only, no CBBC stuff.

That would mean no Sean the Sheep, but could include off shot Timmy Time.

Rastamouse and Space Pirates are both on the list and could be fun.

Pingu, In The Night Garden, Bob The Builder, Teletubbies, Tweenies and maybe Brum and probably the biggest names on the list. Zing Zillas and Tinga Tinga Tales are ones I know my little nephew is always on about so maybe they are the current big names for that age?

Also on the list is 'Peter Rabbit', which could lead to some full circle franchise for the area!

Having analysed recent CBeebies shows and what rides the area has, I've got a few Ideas in what shows/themes the rides could be based upon.

Riverbank Eye Spy/ retheme this in to an in the night garden boat tour ride with all the show's characters appearing with also possibly a straight forward story line to follow (as it will be aimed at kids any way) plus also the show's theme tune as well.

Tractor ride/ either Brum or postman pat themed, going around the circuit interacting with characters and buildings and also a simple storyline too. (Maybe even Peter rabbit)

Berry Bish Bash/ a pignut shooting ride where pi glue and friends are having a snowball fight and everyone needs to help.

Singing Barn/ some sing don't attraction or interactive walk through with either Bob the builder or Timmy Time.

Live stage/ Various Ceebebies show characters such as Tweenies, Rastamouse, waybullo or more.

Just a few ideas, some may work, others probably not.

What would the Squirrel Nutty Ride be changed to possibly?

Don't think it will be, at least yet.Technically that is in a separate area.

As for the rides that are changing, I still think it is more likely they will stay generic, but visit scenes from various programs along the way rather than be given over for a single program each. Simply because it will be easier and cheaper to update scenes as programs come and go to keep everything relevant, and also not risk a huge expenditure on one single theme which goes out of favour/drops off the schedule in a year or twos time. Hope I'm wrong though, I'd rather each ride was a single show.

Also, from ATG facebook...

1375698_640197599344755_757172951_n.jpg

The old ice tent is no more! Can't believe how big that space looks, always felt tiny in there to me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The rabbit could be a hint to Peter Rabbit I guess? Other than that, nothing that screams out any sorta hints after looking at a list of some CBeebies shows...

TowersStreet posted on their FB that the "characters" will be revealed by Alton this weekend, so not long to wait I guess. (Link to TS FB: https://www.facebook.com/TowersStreet?fref=ts)

I was on park today, Yes I know it wasn't open, today was the last day of the Christmas opening. So Construction - whats new?

CEEBEEBEE's land

All photos taken from within the park from the path that goes down the side of the lake by battle galleons.

The roof looks finished with bright colored bars now adorning the purple tiles.

P1100736.JPG

Lots of scaffolding up around Squirrel Nutties.

P1100739.JPG

New railings now bound the lawn in front of the towers. They look fine apart from the footers are not at ground level which just looks naff. I hope they add some soil at least.

New railings around the moat of the Towers

P1100755.JPG

P1100757.JPG

Twirling Toadstools

Seem to have gone

P1100766.JPG

Yup I'm sure there used to be more to this ride..

P1100767.JPG

Ahr - That makes sense, the last bits of it are being thrown away in this bin. Shame, I liked this ride.

P1100768.JPG

Fallen down trees

On the side of the lawns by the gardens we have had 2 trees that have come down. Not sure if it was recent but they were still clearing it.

P1100771.JPG

P1100772.JPG

Their collapse seems to have done some damage to the walls too

P1100747.JPG

Close up

P1100748.JPG

Thanks Stretch,

Interesting what they're doing around CBeebies land with the construction, although still looks like a lot of the old features are still there. I'm currently not too interested in the CBeebies land seeing most things they've released recently look aimed at the very young which was probably the intention in the first place.

I'm surprised Toadstall is gone, however surely it's just gone in for extensive maintenance as I would be surprised if they removed it.

That's pretty hefty damage to the gardens wall, so hopefully they'll be able to repair that easily.