Official Chessington Meet 2014

AJ

It's a difficult one; presumably anyone who was at the Meet or even been in Chat the past couple of weeks knows there's a fair level of banter between the two (like there is with many members on here in general). Sometimes it's fair to assume that people will just recognise that there's banter and no hard feelings between people, just like it's fair to assume that most of what some people post is just sarcastic, and not harmful.

Maybe a ' ;) ' smiley or something wouldn't have gone a miss in one of the posts, but hey-ho. No harm done and may as well just move on. Live and learn, etc. etc.

I have to agree with the posts above, that I believe those comments have all been made in jest and the one thing which may have stopped any supposed drama may have been the inclusion of an appropriate smiley :P.

Getting back on topic it was great to meet all the new faces at the meet. Although it was your first meet for a few of you, you certainly fitted into the group really well and I look forward to seeing you all at future meets.

Empire was great fun again this year, although I still can't believe which ride won. I might need to change my tactics again for next year! ;)

True (with regards to putting a smiley etc).

It still seems a bit of an overreaction though; to assume a member - particularly a new one and after their first meet - would really be that rude, rather than question if there's any banter etc.

But yes, moving on...

Chessie meets always do brilliantly and this was no exception :D I eagerly await the various photos and videos that were captured throughout the day, and my own collection shall be appearing soon!

Jack made a vlog that day and it is now on his YouTube, worth watching! I'll let him link it though :)

EDIT 1: I posted this originally in reply to JoshC, then Phill had posted so I edited it to be back on topic and positive...and now I've been alerted that Alpengeist has quoted a post I made here! Bare with!

EDIT 2: S'all good, but Alpengeist's reply makes no sense :crazy:

Edited by Mer

Mer I was going to post but you pretty much covered what I was going to say so I [2]'d it :P

I feel like we can't go to Creams out of fear of seeing the splatters of ice cream all over the wall and looking really guilty...

Aaah ok :P

And what?! :blink: Dare I ask?