How Busy Is It Going To Be?

Mark9

Question

Right, so instead of endless topics asking us how busy the park is going to be, instead here is a rough guide to the kind of business the park/s should be expecting this season. It's not set in stone and remember business can be effected by weather, ride reliability, mount of trains/cars on the rollercoasters, amount of staff working on things, fastrack etc etc etc!10am - 5pm Weekday. Likely to be very empty, particularly in term time. Queue time should be minimal (Unless your name is Stealth and you have a stupid system where you can only load 4 in the first, 8 in the second and then you end up rolling back anyway etc etc) 10am-5pm Weekend. Will be emptyish, however likely to be long queues for Saw, Colossus, Stealth and Nemesis Inferno.10am-6pm. Busy but not so bad. Queues for the coasters could reach 45/60 minutes, whilst the rest of the flat rides should be a max of 30 minutes. June and July are when schools start rolling in, so between 11-3 the park will be very busy.9.30am-6pm. Should be busy. Queues for the coasters could reach 60/90 minutes and the rest of the rides queues will be between 20/40 minutes. Fastrack will be in operation.9.30-7pm. Expected to be busy. Queues should be similar to 9.30-6.00 close except the last hour should be quite empty.9.30-8.00 Again should be busy. At least you have a long day to get on quite a few rides. 10.00am-10.00pm Will be busy. Last year wasn't as bad as previously however if it ever hits peak capacity, queues will be up to 2 hours for the rollercoasters and between 45/90 minutes for the flat rides.Remember guys, read this guide to help if you beat the queues without wasting money on Fastrack. Also use the park well. Head to Stealth and Inferno instead of Saw and Colossus. Do rides whilst they look empty instead of following the majority of the crowds.

May half term is a funny one to predict. With a varying time of peoples exams ect. and of course the weather. I think you will be looking at anywhere from 30-60 minute queues for the coasters. 20-45 for the flat rides. If its sunny then expect higher numbers, if its rainy you should be looking at a medium ish day. If anyone is wanting a day with no one there the last Sunday of may half term is normally very quiet. The last 3 years its been 10-25 minute queues because of exams and people going back to school the next day. 

I've a general query, when does the school trip period really begin? I was hoping to take advantage of finishing school early this year but I fear I may end up being worse off so if anyone knows of or could give me the general idea of when to not even bother that would be greatly appreciated.

I believe school trip season is 6th July onwards for the next couple of weeks. However, I wouldn't be surprised if some schools decide to visit even earlier than that to avoid the crowds.

If you can, I would reccomend trying to visit before July as this tends to be when the summer season begins.

Last year I visited the park once a week from the 13th of June. I can successfully say it was most quiet 2 weeks before my school broke up (last week of June) however I saw queues that were over 80 minutes long. 

This was Rushes queue. As you can see most people are between 16-20. This is 11 AM. Yeah.

185589828aee4038166898c167741ae9.png

It's likely to be less busy at weekends, but if you do go on a weekday go tuesday or thursday. Everyone goes on mondays or fridays.

I don't know about Thorpe, but it wasn't too bad at Chessington yesterday, there was around 8 or 9 schools there in total and the longest we queued for anything was 20 minutes*, we're local so got there at 9.45 and left at 3, we had about 140 kids with us,

*Vampires was on one train and had a queue of 60 (more like 90) mins most of the day, but our little group only had 2 theme park rookies in and they didn't want to go on it so we skipped it and took them on Fury instead. It was disappointing to see Chesington running only one train on Vamp's since they knew in advance there would be over a thousand school kids there yesterday.

I shall be going on the 14th on a coach trip. Hoping for a pretty quiet day although I'm expecting Saw being closed will mean a lot of the queues will be longer.

Reserve N Ride will also be trialled on the 14th, which should hopefully make it easier to get all the coasters done with minimal queueing. :)

Reserve N Ride will also be trialled on the 14th, which should hopefully make it easier to get all the coasters done with minimal queueing. :)

Unless its anything like the previous times when everyone uses it and then you may be able to get on 2 maybe 3 of the coasters. However it could of course be like the times when people have enjoyed the system which is when no one uses it. 

Unless its anything like the previous times when everyone uses it and then you may be able to get on 2 maybe 3 of the coasters. However it could of course be like the times when people have enjoyed the system which is when no one uses it.

I didn't even need to read post to know why you had quoted me and what you had to say.

broken_record_big.jpg

Why don't you complain to merlin or somewhere that will actually change the situation? Seems a bit pointless to channel your energy and passion for this subject to a forum where everyone already knows your view.

Complaining to merlin won't have any effect on the situation... However, in an ideal world complaining to thorpe park management would be able to alter or rectify the situation in some form.

However, complaining to thorpe park CS won't get you anywhere, except to the front of the queues inside the park.